NBA 2015 Playoffs Thread

Szlia

What I mean is that, in this serie, when Harden played very well, the Rockets won, when Harden played well, it resulted in close matches that could have gone either way and when he played poorly, the Rockets lost badly. I am not blaming Harden of anything, I am just saying that the Warriors are nowhere in this equation, which is not very awe inspiring and confidence building when you will face James' Cavaliers in the final.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
He had two very bad games and three great games. They still lost two of his great games. I don't think he was the problem.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What I mean is that, in this serie, when Harden played very well, the Rockets won, when Harden played well, it resulted in close matches that could have gone either way and when he played poorly, the Rockets lost badly. I am not blaming Harden of anything, I am just saying that the Warriors are nowhere in this equation, which is not very awe inspiring and confidence building when you will face James' Cavaliers in the final.
The Warriors defeating the Rockets 4-1 has nothing to do with the Warriors being a better team. Got it.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
This forum has always and will continue to be rabid with knee jerk reactions. Harden has a rough final game so he's the reason they lost. Love won't get a max contract. The Cavs are a great defensive team. Towns doesn't want to play in Minnesota.

That's just how things work around here.
To be fair, the 24/7 sports media builds up a lot of those knee jerk reactions and they just spill over here. I can only imagine I'd come off the same way if I went into the baseball thread and started talking about the Cubs.

Szlia

They were more constant and more clutch, but what do you keep from these matches? The Warriors really playing well or Harden choosing not to drive to the basket for a potentially game winning possession? The Warriors really playing well or Harden breaking the record of most turn-overs in a playoff game? Obviously the Warriors had to play well to win the conference final, but what I got away from it is not how well they played.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There's an outside chance the Warriors play had a direct impact on the Rockets and Harden. He also only played poorly 2/5 games, yet the Rockets lost 4 so even your awful logic isn't consistent

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Cavs will take the series in 6. Delly gets Draymond Green suspended before the end of game 2 and JR Smith > Klay Thompson. Warriors will get 2 games because Curry is the best shooter on the planet and goes on a couple hot streaks.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
They were more constant and more clutch, but what do you keep from these matches? The Warriors really playing well or Harden choosing not to drive to the basket for a potentially game winning possession? The Warriors really playing well or Harden breaking the record of most turn-overs in a playoff game? Obviously the Warriors had to play well to win the conference final, but what I got away from it is not how well they played.
Harden choosing not to drive? Are you talking about the time he was very intentionally doubled by two smart players taking the risk because they were backed up by a team that knows how to play smart team basketball?

It's not like most of Harden's turnovers were in the open court with the Warriors refusing to play defense just hoping Harden decided to turn the ball over on his own.

Maybe you're right, though, the Warriors only won because Harden simply chose not to... not because the Warriors actually have a really great defense you're too dumb to notice because they shoot a lot of flashy 3's.

Harden choosing not to drive? Are you talking about the time he was very intentionally doubled by two smart players taking the risk because they were backed up by a team that knows how to play smart team basketball?

It's not like most of Harden's turnovers were in the open court with the Warriors refusing to play defense just hoping Harden decided to turn the ball over on his own.

Maybe you're right, though, the Warriors only won because Harden simply chose not to... not because the Warriors actually have a really great defense you're too dumb to notice because they shoot a lot of flashy 3's.
Yah it isn't like golden state is a top three offense and dense or anything.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think any Cavs fan is in deep delusion if they don't feel the Cavs are an underdog. Never say never, though. If the Cavs somehow pull it out, it will be one of the great Finals upsets, I think.

Interesting subplot is if they do win it I wonder how Kevin Love will feel. I'm sure they'll still try to sign him but if they win it you could make a case he was possibly a detriment because of an inability to find a role that complemented everyone else both offensively and defensively.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
JR Smith is not better than Klay.
2015 playoffs

JR Smith: 358 minutes, .457 FG%, .800 FT%, 59 rebounds, 16 assists, 11 turnovers, 162 points.
Klay Thompson 534 minutes, .459 FG%, .758 FT%, 55 rebounds, 44 assists, 36 turnovers, 296 points.

I'd say they're pretty close.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
tumblr_mdgtgokREc1qk5rvm.jpg

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
2015 playoffs

JR Smith: 358 minutes, .457 FG%, .800 FT%, 59 rebounds, 16 assists, 11 turnovers, 162 points.
Klay Thompson 534 minutes, .459 FG%, .758 FT%, 55 rebounds, 44 assists, 36 turnovers, 296 points.

358 minutes! JR Smith. Playoff MVP!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Well, you have to give JR Smith some slack, I mean he did miss a few games after cheap-shotting a guy and getting suspended. And JR is doing better with turnovers, generally protecting the ball far better standing around the perimeter waiting for the ball. Also, don't forget to account for the fact Smith has helped the Cavs be the best defense team of these playoffs!

Maybe JR Smith is actually better than Klay Thompson when you consider the facts. And if the Warriors wouldn't trade Klay for Love, and JR Smith is better than Klay, then JR Smith is better than Kevin Love! Vury indaresting.