NBA 2015 Playoffs Thread

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Their toughest playoff opponents have been a bulls team who gave up after game four and the ghost of the Atlanta hawks. Nothing is for sure but I wouldn't take those series as indicative to what Cleveland can do against a top tier team.
They split 2-2 this year.

disgruntled_alien

Molten Core Raider
Fuck it!

Cavs in 6. Yes I'm being a homer.

Deep down in my heart of hearts as a lifelong Cleveland sports fan, I know the Cavs have no chance for the sole reason they're a CLE team. I'm sure Curry will hit some ridiculous, circus shot, game winner to add to all the other highlight reel Cleveland heartbreakers that we get the pleasure of suffering through every time the Tribe or Cavs make the playoffs or the Clowns part deux sniff 5 wins. What happened after the Browns moved to Baltimore? Super Bowl Champs.

Fuck it! I said it. Cavs in 6.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Hey man we respect that shit on these boards. Never be afraid or ashamed to support your home team. It's not like you suddenly became a Heat fan for 4 years or something.

Hey man we respect that shit on these boards. Never be afraid or ashamed to support your home team. It's not like you suddenly became a Heat fan for 4 years or something.
Yup. Same reason I had the bulls beating the cavs. Pure unadulterated homerism. You just don't want to go trying to rationalise it when there isnt any real basis for it.

disgruntled_alien

Molten Core Raider
Most definitely not ashamed of my teams. My Indians cap is a surefire conversation starter in places like Boston or NYC. Sadly, it garners a lot of sympathy as well.

All that said, I do believe the Cavscanbeat the Wars. I also know the Wars have a very good chance to win this thing. I think this series will be much more competitive than most here seem to be predicting. Regardless of who wins this series, I'm just happy to not have to watch the Cabs (sic) of the last four years for the foreseeable future.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
The Cavs will win two championships with LeBron no doubt. It just won't be this year.
This will be his 6th finals, how many more times do you expect he can carry teams this far? The last 2 seasons you can see this many games are taking a toll on him physically. I'm not sure anymore who has aged more in the face these last 6 years LeBron or Obama.

Generol_sl

shitlord
Lebron will likely guard Curry which will hurt the Warriors in a large way as Lebron is a very good defensive player. If he (Lebron) can limit Curry then that changes the entire complexion of the Warriors team. Sure they have talent but in terms of matchups, even without Love, I still feel the Cavs have the edge. Of course Lebron may also guard Barnes as that is the matchup most expect but in the past star players (ie: MJ on Stockton) have shifted for a championship series to assure a player is best contained. If this does happen then that means other Warriors' players will need to step up in a large way (specifically Klay and Green).

In terms of advantages the Warriors have one that seems glaring and that is with Bogut (on top of having home court of course) so it will be interesting to see how that plays out. I like the Cavs in this match up as I think Lebron will limit Curry while getting his but also this isn't the same Cavs from 07' with the shitty teammates. Irving is excellent and Smith has been playing lights out as well as Thompson and the guy who has a name I can never pronounce (Mez something or other). If Igudola has a big series that changes things but as it stands I like the Cavs in 5. Really love what the Warriors have done and they will be outstanding for many years to come but I just don't see them getting by this Cavs team which is playing some great basketball.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, that's a different series without Thompson playing big minutes, he was a menace on the boards. Not saying they wouldn't have won just as easily with Love out there, but Thompson definitely gives the team a different personality.

I said it earlier, they shouldn't be favored but you can easily see the recipe for a Cavs win in the series: Lebron being Lebron, JR Smith getting hot in a few games, Thompson/Mozgoz causing a nuisance inside, and Dellavedova rolling up on Curry's ankles a few times
tongue.png

I'm excited for the series, honestly don't care who wins as long as it goes 6 or 7 games. It sucked having no NBA last night.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Lebron will likely guard Curry which will hurt the Warriors in a large way as Lebron is a very good defensive player. If he (Lebron) can limit Curry then that changes the entire complexion of the Warriors team. Sure they have talent but in terms of matchups, even without Love, I still feel the Cavs have the edge. Of course Lebron may also guard Barnes as that is the matchup most expect but in the past star players (ie: MJ on Stockton) have shifted for a championship series to assure a player is best contained. If this does happen then that means other Warriors' players will need to step up in a large way (specifically Klay and Green).

In terms of advantages the Warriors have one that seems glaring and that is with Bogut (on top of having home court of course) so it will be interesting to see how that plays out. I like the Cavs in this match up as I think Lebron will limit Curry while getting his but also this isn't the same Cavs from 07' with the shitty teammates. Irving is excellent and Smith has been playing lights out as well as Thompson and the guy who has a name I can never pronounce (Mez something or other). If Igudola has a big series that changes things but as it stands I like the Cavs in 5. Really love what the Warriors have done and they will be outstanding for many years to come but I just don't see them getting by this Cavs team which is playing some great basketball.
How do you expect to have Lebron on the best offensive player on the defensive end and expect him to maintain offensive effectiveness without fatigue setting in?

Szlia

I would be more optimistic about the Warriors if their 4-1 win against the Rocket felt like it was their doing and not the result of Harden's ups and downs.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Lebron will likely guard Curry which will hurt the Warriors in a large way as Lebron is a very good defensive player.
There's no way Lebron is going to chase Curry around all game long. We'd take Curry off the ball and have him run off screens over and over.. Lebron can't do that all game long and be expected to lead on the other end as well. I could see him guarding Curry at points if he gets hot or at the end of a game though. I think if Lebron is guarding Green a lot, the Green - Curry P&R is something the Warriors may have to stay away from more to make sure Lebron isn't the extra guy trying to trap.

I hope we don't play too much small ball in this series - would like to see either Bogut or Festivus out there a majority of the game to contest on drives. Kerr loves going to the Green at 5 lineup which was absolutely stellar defensively during the season, but against a team with two elite penetrators I don't think it'd be a good move.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't see the Warriors losing four out of seven against any team. They're fucking 79-18. They've lost three games at home all season. They're just playing at a different level than every other team. You guys act like LBJ is going to cause Curry to score only 15 points a game. Anthony Davis is also a damn good defender and he was on Curry every game and Curry still got his.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I would be more optimistic about the Warriors if their 4-1 win against the Rocket felt like it was their doing and not the result of Harden's ups and downs.
I don't even...

Harden basically carried a team by himself and make them competitive for three games. I don't get this shit at all.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I don't even...

Harden basically carried a team by himself and make them competitive for three games. I don't get this shit at all.
This forum has always and will continue to be rabid with knee jerk reactions. Harden has a rough final game so he's the reason they lost. Love won't get a max contract. The Cavs are a great defensive team. Towns doesn't want to play in Minnesota.

That's just how things work around here.

If LeBron can hero ball one of the first two games I would say the Cavs have a chance, but still not a great one. Warriors win this series pretty convincingly is the likely scenario.