NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The season starts next week and it's time to start this thread.

Can the Twolves be a 40+ win team this season under Thibs? I haven't seen any preseason games so I haven't a clue. From what I've been reading the team is still adjusting to Thibs system and that our defense has already shown a lot of improvement.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I never watch preseason basketball but the postseason game the other night was so bad I flipped to the Dubs game. Holy shit will this offense be a spectacle. I know it's preseason, but goddamn. I don't think it's going to take any time for Durant to gel. They look cohesive already.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah but what about the drama surrounding Green? You know that shit always ends up as a distraction.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah it was so distracting they won 73 games. It means nothing. Michael Jordan fucking punched teammates. And Shaq and Kobe are widely known to have been asshole teammates as well. A team needs a dude like that to push everyone.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Don't agree with most of the "distraction" nonsense we hear about in sports, but his stupidity causing him to miss a winnable game in the finals may have caused it to be a slaughter 4-1 instead of the epic collapse that it was

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Pumped to see KD play for a real team finally, loved him in college, loved him in OKC (living here), love the Thunder fan reactions to him bolting probably more than anything. Should be a great ride this season.

For my Mavs - can't wait to see Harrison Barnes become Josh Howard 2.0

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
As a Bulls fan I'm excited that this team might implode hard enough to get Gar/Pax fired. Maybe as icing, Reinsdorf will have a heart attack.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Don't agree with most of the "distraction" nonsense we hear about in sports, but his stupidity causing him to miss a winnable game in the finals may have caused it to be a slaughter 4-1 instead of the epic collapse that it was

He's a hothead, but the NBA didn't have to suspend him in that situation and arguably shouldn't have. The league made their choice, KD made his. Those choices will lead to the Warriors burning down the league this season, going to enjoy every minute of it.

Insane that the Dubs added KD and depth didn't take a hit, at all. The one thing they lost was shot blocking but it wasn't something they often counted on in crunch time anyways. It will surely be missed at times, but we'll see how much it matters.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm going to miss the offensive boost from Speights and the occasional plus game from Barbosa. But I think Ian Clark can replace that well enough. Other than that, yeah, we kept the most important bench pieces in Livingston and Iguodala. And the upgrade of KD over Barnes is a goddamn joke.

Sterling

El Presidente
Spurs could end up winning the usual 60+ and still easily end up like 5 games or more back from the 1 seed. The KD thing is so dumb.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I'm going to miss the offensive boost from Speights and the occasional plus game from Barbosa. But I think Ian Clark can replace that well enough. Other than that, yeah, we kept the most important bench pieces in Livingston and Iguodala. And the upgrade of KD over Barnes is a goddamn joke.

They also added a number of other guys that can contribute. Zaza and McGee were better center talent than they could have hoped to get with absolutely no money to spend. I'll miss Speights and his care-free playstyle (and the 3-pt shot he had added), but David West is a better player. Patrick McCaw looks like he was a second round steal. And then Looney looks like he may be able to contribute some this year if he can stay healthy following his hip surgeries.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
So glad basketball is back. Page 1 homer prediction: Kyrie Irving wins the scoring title this year.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As a Bulls fan I'm excited that this team might implode hard enough to get Gar/Pax fired. Maybe as icing, Reinsdorf will have a heart attack.

They play in the East so they'll make the playoffs. Their jobs are safe sadly.

PS: Thanks for firing Thibs!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
They play in the East so they'll make the playoffs. Their jobs are safe sadly.

PS: Thanks for firing Thibs!

I loved Thibs but he had his faults for sure, mainly a subpar offensive scheme and wear and tear. You might be less enthusiastic about him in May when KAT and Wiggins are blown out from playing 44 minutes a game for the last 4 months.