NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
With the Indians in the World Series I can't even appreciate how dominant the Cavs are going to be this year.

#JustClevelandSportsProblems

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So dominant the Browns look like they could rival the 0-16 Lions.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm actively rooting for the Browns to lose. I think Hue Jackson was a solid choice for head coach but we need some impact players and we need to get the quarterback position solidified once and for all. Being a dumpster Fire the only way we're going to rebuild is through the draft so we need as many high picks as we can get. Of course we need to make good picks which is something we've struggled with as well but hopefully Jackson can help in that regard too.

That's the great thing with the Indians making the World Series. I've been able to completely ignore the Browns while rooting on the Indians and now the Cavs. By the time the football season is over the basketball season will be in full swing and then baseball season is right around the corner.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Cubs in the World Series. Vikings at 5-1. I don't have time for basketball.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I think when done correctly and if you hit the lotto in a good draft year, it's the way to go. I'd rather be shitty for a few years and get Westbrook and Durant than be mired in 335-45 win basketball and 1st round exits every year like the Rockets, Hawks, etc.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So tanking obviously works.

takes time to build a team and then let the young players develop.. we had a roster mostly made up of D league players last year. It will come together. Personally I want one more year in the lotto anyway. Give me Josh Jackson please

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the draft worked for the Cavs but SO much could have gone wrong. We had so many number 1 picks in the last 15 years that netted us Lebron, Kyrie and Wiggins. But if Lebron wasn't from Akron there's no way he would have come back to Cleveland if he grew up near Santa Monica or New York or anywhere else. And I'm the biggest Cavs homer on this board but even I have no idea why Kyrie agreed to a max contract with one of the worst teams in the league when the salary cap was about to explode. But if Kyrie hadn't signed that then, again, I don't see Lebron coming back. And lucking into another number 1 pick with Wiggins gave us the leverage to bring over Love.

So the draft worked phenomenally well for the Cavs but it could have, easily, fallen apart.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'll see your Westbrook and raise you Harden in a D'Antoni offense. If you look at the Vegas odds those two are the overwhelming favorites.

This is the correct answer. They have people that can actually run the O

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you didn't know it was the first game of the season you'd think Sixers were in a playoff game. Fans losing their minds

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
As someone that no longer watches Football, I am so fucking happy the NBA Season has started. Caught some of the Warriors Game last night as well as the Cavs. Currently flipping back and forth between the World Series & the 76ers coming out surprisingly out strong in their 1st quarter of play this year. Joel Embiid is impressive when healthy.

Sterling

El Presidente
I prefer the involuntary tanking 1 year because your HoF center is hurt, then getting the first pick in the lottery and drafting the best PF in the history of the game.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
ROFL Westbrook's reaction is the best part.

BTW, are they booing Westbrook every time he touches the ball? Or I am just hearing things?