NBA 2016 Off-Season Thread

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not even about stats, I watch with my eyes! Dunn has always passed the eye test for me. He's going to be a stud.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wish that was more of a legit site. I don't see Wolves making that deal unless he's used as a piece to get someone else, like Butler. Okafor, Lavine, prob another player, Picks, etc for Butler. That would prob get it done.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd say stick to football but you don't know what you're talking about there either!

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Convo's eye test also said Tony Wroten was the key to Okafor getting better looks for the 6ers.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Come see me when you're eating crow over Dunn.

Wroten regressed last year. Just never recovered from his injury. Part of Okafors issue is he gets No help from the guards and he's out of position when someone runs into the lane. Last year was terrible with defense overall. Jah needs to work on his positioning, that was a big part of his issue and he just didn't play well With Noel. Those guys would both run back on defense and run to the same position. Lots of miscues. He can improve on his defense, I don't think we will see a vast improvement the first half of this season due to him being limited with his knee but he will improve. He's leaned out which I hope helps with his endurance b/c that was another issue. Plus he has an overall better team around him. He will never be an elite defender and that's ok bc he's fucking brilliant on offense but there is a reason a team like Boston tried so hard to get him. They know putting him with good defenders can make up for his shortcomings on defense while causing matchup issues on Offense. He went 17 and 7 as a 19 year old rookie playing with a bunch of D leaguers and getting double teamed every night. Switch him with Towns and I think he has a much better season on the Wolves just b/c they actually had NBA talent on the roster. Plus I KNOW he can play defense when he want's to, just look how he dominated Towns!

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yes. Wroten's injuries are what hampered him not the fact that he has always just sucked. Also, agreed, Flip Okafor with Towns and Jah probably does have the best rookie year since LeBron. I'd say the same for TJ McConnell too though. Actually take anyone on the Sixers, flip them for Towns, and the Wolves are an improved team.

Edit: Ok, I overreact here and realize you're not saying Okafor is better than Towns, but that Okafor would have had a better season on the Wolves than he did on the Sixers. Whatever. Both our franchises blow ass with a very dim light at the end of the tunnel and our collective fan bases all having our fingers crossed that they don't fuck it up.