NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Rude

Potato del Grande
Dude should have just let the cavaliers tank in the first round rather than get humiliated in the finals again.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
LeBron goes for 29, 13, and 9, doesn't take so much as a breather on the bench, and gets called the 3rd best player on the floor. What a time to be alive.

I've mentioned previously in this thread he's looked tired. The minutes he's played are obscene. I've been surprised at how effective LeBron continues to be in every game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
LeBron goes for 29, 13, and 9, doesn't take so much as a breather on the bench, and gets called the 3rd best player on the floor. What a time to be alive.

I've mentioned previously in this thread he's looked tired. The minutes he's played are obscene. I've been surprised at how effective LeBron continues to be in every game.

Well, both statements are true. He's worn out from dragging this sorry ass team to another Finals run. He is amazing but I wish I had been a fly on the wall while Rose played there.

LBJ- Derrick, we are so close to jelling into a championship contending team. I'm giving everything I have towards this. We just need a little bit of work from yo...
Rose- work!?? Bro, I want to be able to walk and see my kids in the future! Do you think I could do that and pull 100%? That's fucking impossible!!
LBJ- umm....:confused:

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Warriors shoot a higher percentage from 3 than Cavs shot as a team from anywhere. Durant crazy efficient 26/9/7 on 14 shots? Holy shit. Curry 9/17 from 3 holy shit.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
No wonder they got destroyed in OT. They looked like they lost already.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not trying to defend LeBron, but come on. Dude put up 51 and looked like he was ready to collapse, who wouldn't have been frustrated in that situation? That's just mental exhaustion at its worst coupled on top of complete physical exhaustion. Anyone criticizing him for that is just being a dick imo.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
He's the leader of that
I'm not trying to defend LeBron, but come on. Dude put up 51 and looked like he was ready to collapse, who wouldn't have been frustrated in that situation? That's just mental exhaustion at its worst coupled on top of complete physical exhaustion. Anyone criticizing him for that is just being a dick imo.

He is the leader of that team. They needed to go play OT. Instead of rallying JR and them to go try to win he was a pouty little bitch. Then they lost.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
He's the leader of that

He is the leader of that team. They needed to go play OT. Instead of rallying JR and them to go try to win he was a pouty little bitch. Then they lost.
Seemed like he had nothing left at that point. Both mentally and physically. Say what you want, I empathize with that complete exhaustion. Maybe I'm a pouty little bitch too, though.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
First step is admitting it, man. We're here for you.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Seemed like he had nothing left at that point. Both mentally and physically. Say what you want, I empathize with that complete exhaustion. Maybe I'm a pouty little bitch too, though.

That kind of stuff is the difference between being great and the greatest.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Chanur is honestly the anti-Gaige at this point.

And it's funny because you look at all the shit MJ (the person Lebron most gets compared to) ever said to his teammates, before, after and during games, and it could get pretty vicious, tearing them apart. Lebron will allow himself exasperation but he really doesn't throw people under the bus.

MJ to Horace Grant: "“You’re an idiot. You’ve screwed up every play we ever ran. You’re too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you.”

I'm sure if Lebron said shit like that about his guys he'd get roasted here for being a team cancer. For MJ, it's leadership.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

And it's funny because you look at all the shit MJ (the person Lebron most gets compared to) ever said to his teammates, before, after and during games, and it could get pretty vicious, tearing them apart. Lebron will allow himself exasperation but he really doesn't throw people under the bus.

MJ to Horace Grant: "“You’re an idiot. You’ve screwed up every play we ever ran. You’re too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you.”

I'm sure if Lebron said shit like that about his guys he'd get roasted here for being a team cancer. For MJ, it's leadership.

Depends on the result. If your team collapses and you get blown out in OT it's going to look worse than if you win the title every year until you get bored

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Lebron is a better man than me or was just exhausted from the game. This would be JR coming in for interviews the next day.

"Hey, guys, just fell down some steps after the game. I'll be ok, eventually."

th
th.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
I can't stay away it seems. Hell, with the Brownies, we **know** we are gonna suffer. The home stadium is named the "factory of sadness" in google maps fer christ's sake!

But here is my bottom line. Lebron is a space alien. He is arguably the goat. But in the Warriors, he is playing a team with THREE amazing players.

When even 51 points can't get your team over the line (only second or third time in past 30 years of finals I think), I think LBJ deserves every bit of frustration, anger, and being pissed off he wants.

I hear LBJ is close to being in the top 5 in NBA history for assists too? Assists AND massive scoring? Come on, as GOB would say.

I'm just kinda pissed and sad. But what can anyone do? The warriors bench outplays Cavs starters (other than Lebron).

But it's alright. The 216 will always have the Block, the Shot, and the Stop, erasing 64 years of pain. I'm cool with that.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Starting from today, which Cleveland team is the first to four wins – Browns or Cavs?

We can even include NFL preseason which begins in August. NBA begins in October. Browns might get 6 regular season games plus 4 preseason games before Cavs' opening night.

• 2Worf