NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Durant can be ridiculous because who the fuck is gonna guard the other 3 all stars on team? NBA is a joke of a league now

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
In 91-92 Jordan set the all time playoffs record for points at 759 over 22 games. The Bulls that year had a point differential of +136, the Warriors this year are +187. Lebron is 35 points away from breaking that record this postseason, but the Cavaliers are still an astonishing -15 over 21 games this postseason.

Whether or not the record is broken in Game 4, stat wise will this go down as the greatest losing effort in playoff history? (of any sport?)

You're comparing all kinds of things that aren't easily compared so I'd say not at all. First, Drakurii has already shown Brady's effort this past SB, but to say for any sport? That just sounds stupid. It's like the made up stats ESPN analysts use to compare shit they really can't compare. In my Stu Gotz Top 10 athletes ever analysis, I pulled some massive shit out of my ass.

For greatest playoff losses, I'd look towards hockey or baseball for some game 7 amazing endings. For individual efforts, I'd always look towards golf or tennis. You're saying a team that is going to be swept in the finals is the greatest non- winning team ever over points based stats over an entire run while also focusing on an individual's efforts. Makes no sense at all especially since they barely beat a solid but not spectacular Indiana team and a under manned Boston one. Hell, they just let one dude completely demolish them without massive support and have had terrible defense most of the year. That's some hard shit to swallow. I think I'll pass.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You're comparing all kinds of things that aren't easily compared so I'd say not at all. First, Drakurii has already shown Brady's effort this past SB, but to say for any sport? That just sounds stupid. It's like the made up stats ESPN analysts use to compare shit they really can't compare. In my Stu Gotz Top 10 athletes ever analysis, I pulled some massive shit out of my ass.

For greatest playoff losses, I'd look towards hockey or baseball for some game 7 amazing endings. For individual efforts, I'd always look towards golf or tennis. You're saying a team that is going to be swept in the finals is the greatest non- winning team ever over points based stats over an entire run while also focusing on an individual's efforts. Makes no sense at all especially since they barely beat a solid but not spectacular Indiana team and a under manned Boston one. Hell, they just let one dude completely demolish them without massive support and have had terrible defense most of the year. That's some hard shit to swallow. I think I'll pass.

He was talking about individual performance and you turned it into a team thing.

I think it's clear without a doubt this is hardly the best losing team.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
He was talking about individual performance and you turned it into a team thing.

I think it's clear without a doubt this is hardly the best losing team.

Yeah, good point. He was still better last year. 14 out of 18 games were 30+ points, averaged triple double in Finals, and he just played better with a better team around him. Has this desperate attempt to drag them to the finals been impressive as hell? Sure, but would he even be close to the scoring record with a healthy Iggy in Game 1? No.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm

I don't have a stance either way, I was asking the question hoping for possible sport references for similar individual postseason efforts that still led to defeats in basketball, and if not in basketball then what about other sports? I probably worded it terribly, especially the part in parenthesis. Searching through more top playoff scoring runs here are the ones that have similarities.

1992 Michael Jordan 759 points in 22 games, wins finals 4-2, 1995 Hakeem Olajuwon 725 points in 22 games wins finals 4-0, 2001 Allen Iverson 723 points in 22 games, loses finals 4-1 to the Lakers. In my opinion 2001 is probably the year with the most similarities to this one, although Iverson shot 38.9% that year in the playoffs. Lebron is at 725 points in 21 games, down 0-3.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't have a stance either way, I was asking the question hoping for possible sport references for similar individual postseason efforts that still led to defeats in basketball, and if not in basketball then what about other sports? I probably worded it terribly, especially the part in parenthesis. Searching through more top playoff scoring runs here are the ones that have similarities.

1992 Michael Jordan 759 points in 22 games, wins finals 4-2, 1995 Hakeem Olajuwon 725 points in 22 games wins finals 4-0, 2001 Allen Iverson 723 points in 22 games, loses finals 4-1 to the Lakers. In my opinion 2001 is probably the year with the most similarities to this one, although Iverson shot 38.9% that year in the playoffs. Lebron is at 725 points in 21 games, down 0-3.

Yeah, I totally misread your post. Points-wise you have a strong argument. It's also a hard one to replicate. You would need a dominant player to go through a long post season while maintaining his health, output, and still losing in the Finals. Very interesting question and good post. My earlier post was shit but not going to alter when I fuck up. Thanks for the scenario.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
This is the rabid fanboyism that causes people not to like Lebron. Sticking to your guns that "recruiting" players is just wordplay and the exact same as abandoning a team every time it doesn't win a title is absolutely retarded. The only player that belongs on your list is Durant. Nobody else's situation was even close to the same.

Also, lol at saying KG "quit" on Minnesota. Please stop posting clueless shit.

He "abandons" teams after his contract is up. It's called free agency.

Kyrie demanded a trade. That is abandoning.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
To be honest Klay and Curry got outplayed tonight by Love and Rodney Hood. The Cavs lost because Lebron was significantly outplayed tonight at home by Durant, for the second year in a row in a must win finals game. That's it, no excuses for Lebron.

When a 33 point triple double is "LeBron playing horrible".

I'd like to see LeBron on the Dubs vs KD on the Cavs and see how this series goes.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
This is Lebron's fault. He started this shit. He has no one to blame but himself.

On the other hand it DOES suck and makes the NBA super noncompetitive for most of the other teams.

Hi, I'm the 2008 Celtics.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This shit isnt LeBrons fault lol. The only fault that lies at his feet is fucking ripping the hearts out of all of those Bay Area faggots when he swatted Igoudala and Kyrie buried them after being down 3-1 and coming off the best season in the history of the Earth. The Warriors were so fucking pissed that that shit happened they made some contract adjustments, and then landed the biggest fish on the market, a top 3 player, a hall of famer, and perhaps the best 2 way efficiency monster in the league in Durant. He shoots what, 89 % from the FT line? He averaged like 2 blocks per game this past season, and shot 50+ percent from the field and 41!!% from 3. Thats basically the 90 50 40 club, which is rarefied air. (I believe Curry and only a handful of others are in that group, and Durant already did it once in OKC, I believe Larry Bird and Steve Nash are the only ones to do it multiple campaigns)

So they go and add maybe the most efficient scorer of this generation, who is also now a 6'9 240 lb defensive ball stopper/rim protector (which has developed over the past couple years, as his offensive workload has been relieved, he has 3 other All-Stars to help there, giving him a chance to ratchet up the defensive effort) and cold blooded crunch time killer. (Durant has hit countless clutch 3's in Finals, its absurd)

So this new juggernaut Warriors team with Durant is a by-product of LeBron ripping away their 73 win delight. Thats why I said LeBron doesnt need to do SHIT, he can get swept this year, next year, and the year after, and people still cant come for his neck because that 2016 triumph will never be topped, ever. His effort in bringing them back down 3-1, and then going INTO Golden State to win that title against THAT team, just....fuck, it almost feels like it didnt happen its so unbelievable.

I love how LeBron just talked about how "Basketball IQ" is crucial in defeating the Warriors....LOL. Clearly his bail out statement, his team of hype men and media guys are good Ill give them that, they feed him shit to control the narrative, so now after they get swept, all of the blame goes RIGHT to JR Smith and his "low basketball IQ" and how that one mistake, basically cost the Cavs the entire series, leaving LeBron unscathed. His brand image team is just masterful.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Kaines

Potato Supreme

Legendary Moments In NBA History: Michael Jordan's 63-point game in 1986 | NBA.com

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
This shit isnt LeBrons fault lol. The only fault that lies at his feet is fucking ripping the hearts out of all of those Bay Area faggots when he swatted Igoudala and Kyrie buried them after being down 3-1 and coming off the best season in the history of the Earth. The Warriors were so fucking pissed that that shit happened they made some contract adjustments, and then landed the biggest fish on the market, a top 3 player, a hall of famer, and perhaps the best 2 way efficiency monster in the league in Durant. He shoots what, 89 % from the FT line? He averaged like 2 blocks per game this past season, and shot 50+ percent from the field and 41!!% from 3. Thats basically the 90 50 40 club, which is rarefied air. (I believe Curry and only a handful of others are in that group, and Durant already did it once in OKC, I believe Larry Bird and Steve Nash are the only ones to do it multiple campaigns)

So they go and add maybe the most efficient scorer of this generation, who is also now a 6'9 240 lb defensive ball stopper/rim protector (which has developed over the past couple years, as his offensive workload has been relieved, he has 3 other All-Stars to help there, giving him a chance to ratchet up the defensive effort) and cold blooded crunch time killer. (Durant has hit countless clutch 3's in Finals, its absurd)

So this new juggernaut Warriors team with Durant is a by-product of LeBron ripping away their 73 win delight. Thats why I said LeBron doesnt need to do SHIT, he can get swept this year, next year, and the year after, and people still cant come for his neck because that 2016 triumph will never be topped, ever. His effort in bringing them back down 3-1, and then going INTO Golden State to win that title against THAT team, just....fuck, it almost feels like it didnt happen its so unbelievable.

I love how LeBron just talked about how "Basketball IQ" is crucial in defeating the Warriors....LOL. Clearly his bail out statement, his team of hype men and media guys are good Ill give them that, they feed him shit to control the narrative, so now after they get swept, all of the blame goes RIGHT to JR Smith and his "low basketball IQ" and how that one mistake, basically cost the Cavs the entire series, leaving LeBron unscathed. His brand image team is just masterful.

Agreeing that BronBron is an amazing player. However in my opinion the only reason the Cavs won that series is Bogut was out and Draymond got suspended for being a nutsack after he ate Lebron's nutsack. If even the Draymond suspension doesn't happen I doubt the Cavs win the series, since it took herculean efforts by both Lebron and Irving to win even with the Warriors playing under strength.

• 3Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Agreeing that BronBron is an amazing player. However in my opinion the only reason the Cavs won that series is Bogut was out and Draymond got suspended for being a nutsack after he ate Lebron's nutsack. If even the Draymond suspension doesn't happen I doubt the Cavs win the series, since it took herculean efforts by both Lebron and Irving to win even with the Warriors playing under strength.

so what? that's draymonds own dumbass fault, being stupid is part of the game, ask JR smith.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
so what? that's draymonds own dumbass fault, being stupid is part of the game, ask JR smith.

Jozu was acting like Lebron snuffed the Warriors out at the height of their glory when in truth he was playing against a hamstrung team (not just one play) and had another superstar in Irving playing with him to accomplish beating said diminished team. Regardless of JR's fuckery in game one this Cavs team wasn't winning this series. Totally different things.

edit:

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dude go look up LeBrons numbers in that series. People forget, but he put on 4 STRAIGT virtuosio like performances to win that series, with the help of Kyrie obviously, but fuck doesn't the guy get to play with at least ONE fucking other good player?

It's like people talk about him now like him by himself is like normal or something, or fair to him. The team he is facing has 4 HALL OF FAMERS. His teammates will be selling insurance while others are enshrined in Springfield.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Dude go look up LeBrons numbers in that series. People forget, but he put on 4 STRAIGT virtuosic like performances to win that series, with the help of Kyrie obviously, but fuck doesn't the guy get to play with at least ONE fucking other good player?

It's like people talk about him now like him by himself is like normal or something, or fair to him. The team he is facing has 4 HALL OF FAMERS. His teammates will be selling insurance while others are enshrined in Springfield.

Where did I say he didn't play an amazing series? I simply was stating that he beat a diminished version of the Warriors, barely, with those numbers. He also needed a career game from Irving and general solid play in the others. He didn't beat the Warriors at full power which was what your post was indicating. Lebron isn't Thanos bro.

• 1Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile

2015 KI and Love were out. You play with what you have.