NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
As someone that lives in North Texas, I agree completely on your Drik analysis, but have one MINOR nitpick about Cuban. Cuban actually fucked Dirk over following the 2011 championship. Cuban blew up the team intentionally trying to get in on the Superstar Free Agent sweepstakes that followed that year (I think it was Dwight Howar or someone like that) and completely fucked the entire franchise over. Half the fans in Dallas thought it was a good idea at the time, others thought he was a fucking moron. Turned out, he was a moron.

Reasonable minds can disagree.

To my eyes, Cuban tried to swing for the fences and struck out. Sometimes that's how it goes (like the DeAndre Jordan signing deal gone wrong). But he tried to win the game.

In hindsight it's too easy to judge based on we know the results. As far as I'm concerned, Cuban tried to win another championship with Dirk but it never materialized.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Sure, it was a mistake but there's a lot of fans that would want an owner that legit tries to win and is willing to put their money into their team to do it.

Blowing up a championship team on the PRAYER of getting Dwight Howard isn't a mistake.... it's fucking stupid.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
This is the rabid fanboyism that causes people not to like Lebron. Sticking to your guns that "recruiting" players is just wordplay and the exact same as abandoning a team every time it doesn't win a title is absolutely retarded. The only player that belongs on your list is Durant. Nobody else's situation was even close to the same.

Also, lol at saying KG "quit" on Minnesota. Please stop posting clueless shit.

I'm not even on LeBron's dick. You're every bit as bad as you tell Gaige he is, except on the other side, and it's ridiculous.

KG had a no trade clause when he was traded to Boston.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
LeBron is surrounded by the personnel he demanded. Dude can ball on the court and that's as far as it goes regarding basketball. Can't wait to see what team he ends up on and starts shitting up next year.

Except LeBron "demanded" to be surrounded by Kyrie. Last summer he told the front office to not trade the kid. Your narrative doesn't match reality.

Last edited:
  • 3Picard
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
I think the reality here is you write dumb shit to support LeBron because you're a homer.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
God damn, LBJ with the pass to himself off the backboard.

Cavs coming out fired up

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Durant is the only guy who showed up for GS tonight but it's all good. He's just as fun to watch as any of the others.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man I’ll tell you what, Kerr deserves a ton of credit. GSW comes out after halftime so dialed in it just wears the other team down, almost like clockwork. Another great game, KD playing great

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Rodney Hood should have been part of the bench rotation before this game. Trusting newer guys and working them in has always been an issue with these Cavs (unlike, say, a team like GSW that always finds a way to get new guys acclimated even with all their stars).

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Really don't like today's NBA. They need a solution to these damn super teams.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users