NBA 2020-2021: The Dubs Empire Strikes Back

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Calm the fuck down dumbass. It's all entertainment. And Stephen A is fuckin entertaining. Please enlighten me on how much more knowledgeable you are on your fuckin opinion.

You're the dumbass for watching them and feeding into their retardedness.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
You're the dumbass for watching them and feeding into their retardedness.
I still find Stephen A. occasionally/rarely funny - he's more "real" than most people at that station, but even he only "hits" on 10% of his shit? But absolutely no room to support ESPN on any level at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Funny. Just goes to show that just because you are a super athlete at one thing, you are going to be good at other sports.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Funny. Just goes to show that just because you are a super athlete at one thing, you are going to be good at other sports.

Growing up most baseball players were far better at crossing over at other sports, than athletes coming over to baseball etc.

Baseball is just hard in general. The other sports is really a measure of how much better your athleticism is, unless you're a golfer, QB etc.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, baseball is very weird mechanically, it's not very natural or as intuitive as other sports.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
get woke go broke

Do people really buy into this? Doesn't really seem like the case. See: Google and Apple earnings.

Also this person said some things that many might consider not-woke and now she doesn't have a job. So.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Do people really buy into this? Doesn't really seem like the case. See: Google and Apple earnings.

Also this person said some things that many might consider not-woke and now she doesn't have a job. So.

Yea but she apologized and got fucked, she should have just stuck by her original comments and kept her integrity intact.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I have not been paying much attention to sports lately including the HoF inductees etc. I just saw Bosch made it in? That surprised the duck out of me. Do his numbers justify it? From a casual fan that has had some high interest streaks over the past few decades it just feels like the bar is getting lower and lower. Am I wrong? Curious to hear your thoughts.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Basketball HOF is the easiest one to get in to out of all of them.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Basketball hof is a relative joke because the NBA doesn't have its own. College coaches, wnba players, foreign players.. they all go to the same place. It's not the elite fraternity that mlb or NFL hofs are. You can find much bigger wtfs than Chris Bosh in there.

Sterling

El Presidente
Hoops HoF is definitely not the same as the NFL or MLB. NFL is kind of the polar extreme to basketball when it comes to people getting in. You have amazing players that end up having to get in through the back door of the vet committee while in the NBA you have a whole bunch of good but not really elite dudes in there. Chris Mullins, Joe Dumars, Bill Bradley, and my personal favorite Vlade Divac. Bosch is better than all those dudes and a bunch of others that are already in. Meanwhile, in the NFL you have dudes like Art Monk who finished his career 2nd or 3rd in basically every major receiver statistic behind jerry rice ended up having to wait 8 years to get in. MLB is the one that mostly makes sense aside from the old dudes having refusing to basically vote in anyone from the steroid era.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Hoops HoF is definitely not the same as the NFL or MLB. NFL is kind of the polar extreme to basketball when it comes to people getting in. You have amazing players that end up having to get in through the back door of the vet committee while in the NBA you have a whole bunch of good but not really elite dudes in there. Chris Mullins, Joe Dumars, Bill Bradley, and my personal favorite Vlade Divac. Bosch is better than all those dudes and a bunch of others that are already in. Meanwhile, in the NFL you have dudes like Art Monk who finished his career 2nd or 3rd in basically every major receiver statistic behind jerry rice ended up having to wait 8 years to get in. MLB is the one that mostly makes sense aside from the old dudes having refusing to basically vote in anyone from the steroid era.

While entertaining, the steroid era was the starting point for baseball’s major decline. Guys went from slightly above average to record holders, the HR gained steam as the focus, and everyone realized MLB didn’t really give a shit about the records or anything else but money. It also never gained the fantasy appeal that has kept the NFL afloat.

None of the leagues care about records, fans, etc but baseball was built on stats and slow games. Modern viewers need more visual stimulus to keep their small brains occupied.

Sterling

El Presidente
I think when it comes to the HoF, you have to compare players to their peers and not just historically. Steroid Era is what it is and Selig was a big part of it and he's in. That could lead you to judge the numbers differently for sure, so saying McGwire or Sosa shouldn't be in because of it totally reasonable. Not having Bonds, Clemens and potentially ARod is just stupid though. This really isn't the place for this particular derail though. My point was that basketball is the easiest of the major HoFs to get into, NFL the hardest with MLB in between.