NBA 2020-2021: The Dubs Empire Strikes Back

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
AD protecting the rim, and lebron playing defense in general.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Lakers just used up all their trade assets and cap space on a guy who will retire with zero championships. I hope they lose the play-in game this season for max lulz

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jovec

?
Lakers just used up all their trade assets and cap space on a guy who will retire with zero championships. I hope they lose the play-in game this season for max lulz

Times change. The highest draft picks for the Lakers recently have been the #2 with Lonzo Ball and ....#1 with James Worthy. They have routinely had to build through trades and FA, but times have changed. Social media and Internet has helped players to have near-equal access to media and endorsement money regardless of market, so LA and NY are not the same draws they once were. There is also heavy pressure on the Lakers to be competitive and to have star draw, which makes it hard for them to go though a rebuild process even though that it what they really need (and should have done post Kobe/Gasol). It's hard to stay relevant year after year when you have to (over-)buy talent on the FA market or trade away too much to get a big name star. LeBron might deny it, but I cannot think the Lakers didn't at least get his opinion (if not approval) on Westbrook. They would have also given him other options like the Hield deal, so this is what he wants and what he thinks is the best option for him to win now.

Sterling

El Presidente
People just really underrate Westbrook now. He's the 3rd guy, not the 1st guy. He's being overpaid for his role, but they have a relatively short window anyways.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Not really buying the Westbrook thing. LeBron does the same thing, but far more efficient and can shoot a bit. Idk, their lack of shooting is going to hurt them - then again they do have a fuck load of talent. Maybe you just tell Westbrook to get you 10-15 PPG exclusively at the rim, 10 REB, 8 AST, and never fucking shoot.

Sterling

El Presidente
Not really buying the Westbrook thing. LeBron does the same thing, but far more efficient and can shoot a bit. Idk, their lack of shooting is going to hurt them - then again they do have a fuck load of talent. Maybe you just tell Westbrook to get you 10-15 PPG exclusively at the rim, 10 REB, 8 AST, and never fucking shoot.
That's kind of the whole point and sort of exactly what they want from him. he can run the offense similar to lebron so lebron can play 30 minutes instead of 38. their offense is pure trashcan when he sits right now.

Sterling

El Presidente
That's pretty wild. I can't imagine that he'll take 9M or whatever Lakers exemption is with him being what he is with the union, but who knows.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Man... I don't know if I'd feel happy about that if I was a bulls fan.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Man... I don't know if I'd feel happy about that if I was a bulls fan.
As a pelicans fan Im happy if that says anything. Although as a pelicans fan it doesnt take much to make me happy.

Was really hoping they were going to make a big splash with how much cap room they cleared but its really led to nothing so far.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Mavs have done what the Mavs always do in FA.... and I will be laughing my ass off the very day Luka gives Cuban the finger and leaves for LA/Chi/NY.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Mavs' whole FA pretty much hinges on being able to acquire Dragic in a 3-team S&T from the Raptors. Bullock is a decent signing, but it just doesn't really move the needle.

I hope the Mavs take a look around at teams like the Heat and others and realize cap space isn't shit. You sign good players when you can, and worry about moving them around later. Name of the game in the NBA is to acquire as much talent as humanely possible at all times. Open cap space just doesn't mean shit, usually.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Lakers are going to be terrible.

Also, Curry signed an extension for 4 years and $215M.