NCAA Tournament Challenge

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What's the point of a bracket that you know will only win the competition because no one else picked it? It doesn't make you less of a fan to not pick your team to win it all.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I specifically don't pick my team(when we're in it) in money pools, because I figure at least I get some satisfaction out of the result regardless. If my team keeps winning I don't give a crap about the money, I'm just happy, and if my team loses and goes out early, I at least am still in the running for some $$$ for picking the game correct.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Aww yeah, Harvard & Dayton! The state of Ohio(other than Dayton) is hating this tournament so far

Tea_sl

shitlord
lol

What's the point of a bracket that you know will only win the competition because no one else picked it? It doesn't make you less of a fan to not pick your team to win it all.
Cuz being a homer is fun. None of it matters anyways, so why not make outlandish homer picks?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Goddamn St Joe's and NC State...way to choke away your leads.

Just need NDState to hold on against Oklahoma here...

I guess Warren Buffet doesn't have to give me that billion dollars this year

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Looks like Louisville is doing its best to prove it was given the wrong seed.

Clearly the selection committee needed to ++ a couple more times.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider

Manhattan has done approximately jack since you said something. Thanks, dick.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
well I always felt good about Harvard, but I'm taking a bow for the NDSU call

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Damn, I felt like I didnt pick enough upsets in my bracket, but I had St Joes, BYU, and NC State winning, along with Harvard, Dayton, & North Dakota. Guess I should have scaled back the Day 1 upsets.

My upsets for today are Providence over Carolina, Tennessee over Umass, Tulsa over UCLA, and Nebraska over Baylor. Other than that I have pretty much every 9 seed winning over the 8s, but I don't consider that much of an upset.

I'm just glad all my Sweet 16 seeds are still around(so far)

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider

You do realize that Louisville had to do man-to-man (something that never happens) because Manhattan' whole playing style is Louisville v2.0 (cause you know, their coach helped develop the style Louisville plays when under Petino) . I would wager to guess with the way Manhattan played, they'd beat numerous top seed schools. I'd probably say they were the the toughest defense Louisville will play in the tournament...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A Louisville fan! Forgot we had one on the boards. Tell me, how much does it bother you enunciating "Montrezl"?

Yes, I knew Manhattan's coach used to be an assistant under Pitino. Familiarity only gets you so far. Teams that know how to break down the zone, and often executed that aspect quite well, would still get beat by Syracuse by a large margin.

Louisville played poorly last night. Manhattan had a hand in it, of course, but don't try to write it off like they didn't have time to prepare.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Mercer!
actajasrowfmthffdcwu.gif

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Yes, I knew Manhattan's coach used to be an assistant under Pitino. Familiarity only gets you so far. Teams that know how to break down the zone, and often executed that aspect quite well, would still get beat by Syracuse by a large margin.

Louisville played poorly last night. Manhattan had a hand in it, of course, but don't try to write it off like they didn't have time to prepare.
I know, right? We need to be able to adjust like Syracuse did with Dayton. Oh wait... The Orange lost again? Nevermind...

(Just fucking with you btw
biggrin.png
)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I know, right? We need to be able to adjust like Syracuse did with Dayton. Oh wait... The Orange lost again? Nevermind...

(Just fucking with you btw
biggrin.png
)
Oh, Syracuse deserves to be fucked with. I'm the last guy that's going to come up with excuses. Dayton played well on defense and Syracuse couldn't find the fucking basket outside of the paint. Seriously, ONE made shot outside the paint.