New cold war?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
After all this now we're worried Obama will unilaterally launch nukes? Ok then..

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Last I knew Russian military equipment was all old garbage that hasn't been maintained. Putin and his oligarch buddies are too busy funneling money into their pockets than paying the light bill. Probably works fine against civilian airliners and sand American Inventor with flip phones.

Unless Putin is gonna hit the reset all life on earth button, I can't see a ground war being realistic option for them even if their troops were made up only of the fearless parkour kids they breed like rabbits.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Russia will absolutely fuck over anybody in the name of profit, but the other side of the Atlantic is not much better. Winter is coming and EU needs its heating, so it's time for Russia to look a bit more menacing than usual. Putin is here to stay and from what I heard, he might be corrupt bastard, but he does better job of running the country than anybody else since 1989. Of course, weak Russia with all of its natural resources is open for plundering by other countries, so when he came in and restored some semblance of order, others lose profits.

Russia also has history of influencing online discussions, most of the eastern Europe has a lot of experience with that and the websites sponsored by their government have seen a lot of growth as "alternative news" recently. It's like Al-Jazeera, sure some things might be ignored by the more mainstream media and the local news are probably higher quality, but to expect them to replace western media and be balanced is a bit naive. I also wonder how much are sites like reddit influenced (not "if", they definitely are).

Syria will have to be rebuilt and USA is itching for a new ally in the region, since Erdogan seems to be getting more unstable by the day. Russia doesn't need another US base. Commence dickwaving.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So why is the main stream media not covering this shit? this is the worse the relations have been between Russia and US since Regan. Obama is doing nuclear fly byes, Putin is doing 40 million people evacuation drills and yet our media is fixated on Trump wanna be fondles and calling bitches fat.
In syria shits getting real. Putin getting a no fly zone, UN meetings he is pleading for peace, yet our army chief is warning Russia war thats as big as WWII.

And then we have the dems blaming all the wiki leaks on Russia, blaming Trump for being in bed with Putin and all that nonsense. While there is dead DNC insiders from 2 to the back of the head in a "robbery attempt"

Just WTF is going on?

The mainstream media is pretty bad, but you've gone waaay too far the other way with this crazy alarmist shit

Palum

what Suineg set it to
India Pakistan is possibly the only nuclear confrontation I can think of that will not immediately escalate to WW3. If the genie must be let out of the bottle somewhere every 50-100 years to put rationality back into the system, I'm selfishly hoping its there and not Russia/US China/Russia NK/SK etc.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
India Pakistan is possibly the only nuclear confrontation I can think of that will not immediately escalate to WW3. If the genie must be let out of the bottle somewhere every 50-100 years to put rationality back into the system, I'm selfishly hoping its there and not Russia/US China/Russia NK/SK etc.

You think China would back Best Korea if they pressed the button?

• 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>

It sucks to think about such a thing, but you make sense.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You think China would back Best Korea if they pressed the button?

No, but I don't think that's really relevant forever anyway as that can change.

I'm not claiming any specific scenario is more likely than the other. Just that if in the future it has to happen, the 'best' for the rest of the world is probably India/Pakistan.

• 1Like

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
I'm lucky, I live in a 3rd world country called Australia and no one gives a shit about us.

Give us a yell when you have sorted it out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I'm lucky, I live in a 3rd world country called Australia and no one gives a shit about us.

Give us a yell when you have sorted it out.

You guys are at war with your wild life, if they had thumbs the spiders you guys have would be building dirty bombs by now.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Still think Clinton doesn't want war with Russia?

How many times in this debate has she blamed shit on Russia?

• 1Like

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I really don't get the want to fuck with Russia at this point. Do you really want to poke the bear? You might wish you had left them alone in the near future. Russia already showed they don't give two shits about us when they attacked that base in Syri. First time the US calls in that its a US base, second attack just because. I know I am speculating here but no way Russia didn't say hey we have a chance to hit them again and claim ignorance and delayed radio transmission to the attack squad.

I am not saying they are the bully and we should hide but no reason to go on the offensive with a country that has shown they really hate us with a passion. Relations are at an all time low with Russia and a lot of the world. Why make it worse on us.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Putin is crazy. He might be manly compared to Obama, but there is exactly zero danger to Russian citizens from western powers. The only danger I can think of are Russia not being able to throw their weight around like they might like, should their economy tank harder and they have no clear way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.