New cold war?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
That's not the opposition, that is the current American value system. We have abandoned masculine ethics in favor of egalitarian feminine ethics. You are a smart guy Khalid, make the connections. All of these systems multiculturalism, politically correct speech are just extensions of women's values.

The attacks on Trump, Putin, White males, privilege politics are all from the same core. Down every rabbit hole there eventually is truth. The war is on men, because some group of powerful people realized castrating male values, tribalism, strength, violence was the way to a mechanized financial growth machine using every single person available. Women and children included it's about money and the most productive method for growing wealth.

Interesting perspective. Hitch said something similar to this. "There is a cure for poverty. We have discovered it. We have a name for it. It's called 'The Liberation of Women'."

I wonder if he meant liberation from bondage or liberation from responsibility?

Because liberation from bondage makes sense and does seem like it should be a net positive for all of society. But liberation from responsibility would create a gluttonous class of sloth people, devourers, and would just be the same problem as male based savage barbarism all over again in reverse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Interesting perspective. Hitch said something similar to this. "There is a cure for poverty. We have discovered it. We have a name for it. It's called 'The Liberation of Women'."

I wonder if he meant liberation from bondage or liberation from responsibility?

Because liberation from bondage makes sense and does seem like it should be a net positive for all of society. But liberation from responsibility would create a gluttonous class of sloth people, devourers, and would just be the same problem as male based savage barbarism all over again in reverse.

Much of the problem lies at the core of any system. They have positives and negatives and a system must have ultimate sacrifice (death) for ultimate truth. Male based ethical systems have violence(death) built in which allows the user to understand life in its simplicity. Female systems are alot like democracy in general they middle everything out. They get rid of violence(death) but their unyielding truth is like a forest that never burns, the detritus builds until the forest dies. To value strength, honor, truth is to chase the highest knowledge. As Tyler Durden said "How can you truly know yourself until you have been in a fight". Women's values are the values of the weak, the victim, the communal. You see this now in PC culture, SJW, multiculturalism, victimhood, no judgement, and who spearheaded this? Weak men, intellectuals, women's voting.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
When a WO-4 who trains Green Berets says we soft launched a war with Russia back in spring, what do you think he means?

Is that a fancy way of saying its go time as soon as the election is over with?

Or more of a "just in case..." type thing aka more of the same.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
When a WO-4 who trains Green Berets says we soft launched a war with Russia back in spring, what do you think he means?

My guess is just in case thing. So while a WO-4 is high, I generally do not know how much they are involved in staff level offices for the Army (assuming he's army since you mentioned GBs). Now if it had been a marine CWO-5, I'd say he knows it's go time (in some way or form) soon.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Oh, those are just the normal soft-wars with Russia. We have them all the time. NBD, iooti.

• 1Like

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
This would all be easier to follow if all the combatants wore the flag of the country that is paying them.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Who is it?

The one in 5th Group back when I was in (2002-2008) had been around since Vietnam. He was connected as hell, and had seen everything.

Edit: The guy I'm talking about I'm pretty sure was a CW-5, but still.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This would all be easier to follow if all the combatants wore the flag of the country that is paying them.

That would create rather awesome uniforms, since Al Nusra soldiers would look like Nascar drivers and various rebels would have Israel's star of David - awkward! Assad's men could probably get away with looking cool sporting Iran's emblem over Russia's tricolor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Canada would send their entire navy of 3 ships and air for...Wait do they even have an air force?

You're in the ballpark on the Navy. They don't even have resupply ships right now, because the last one left got lit on fire and had to be towed to Hawaii by the US Navy. The Conservative government announced a big ship building program about 5+ years ago now, for something like 25-30 billion. It was supposed to provide a fair number of new frigates/destroyers, a couple new supply ships, and a bunch of new coastal defense and Arctic patrol ships. At this point, it's a complete fucking tire fire because believe it or not, Canadian military procurement is significantly WORSE than it is in the US. And the whole program was also an economic program as well, to help support ship yards on both coasts.

National Shipbuilding Procurement Strategy - Wikipedia

Apparently some of the Nordic nations are actually building frigates for the price that the shipyards are charging just to design one. Which is hilarious. At this point the program is in a death spiral where the number of ships it will produce keeps going down, or the overall cost keeps going up. It's a fucking joke. Similar problems have happened with the procurement of the Sea King replacement, which has been going on since I was in elementary school (1983, to be precise): Canadian Sea King replacement - Wikipedia

As far as the Air Force goes, we've got 100+ ancient CF-18's, only two thirds of which are air worthy at any one time. A bunch of ancient C-130's, and a handful of relatively new C-17's (that procurement went well, because they were just bought off the shelf. Thanks Boeing!). The CF-18's are supposed to be replaced with F-35's, but that's all up in the air right now, and the Liberal government is doing everything it can to back up Trudeau's rhetoric about not buying them. But there's probably no other realistic option out there, other than maybe Super Hornet's, which apparently aren't going to be much cheaper anyways.

Canada was a baller in WWII and they started re-funding their military thanks to Afghanistan. At this point they could probably conquer Europe...

Canada really did kick ass in WWII, relative to it's size. It was impressive how the country mobilized and didn't, you know, wait a year or two to join in the fun. I think at one point it had the 4th largest Navy in the world by tonnage, or maybe just number of vessels. That shit is all in the distant past, though. We barely spend 1% of GDP on the military. NATO members are supposed to spend 2%, even if only a few do. Some aspects of the military are top notch, but in terms of the big ticket items that you'd wage an actual war against another nation state with, we've get next to nothing that isn't left over from the Cold War. It's a serious problem, in my opinion, especially with the melting Arctic and having basically no military presence up there other than a bunch of Inuit "rangers" with 100 year old rifles. Even compared to similarly sized countries population or economy wise, Canada's military is kind of a joke these days. And it's not likely to change any time soon.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Canada really did kick ass in WWII, relative to it's size. It was impressive how the country mobilized and didn't, you know, wait a year or two to join in the fun. I think at one point it had the 4th largest Navy in the world by tonnage, or maybe just number of vessels. That shit is all in the distant past, though. We barely spend 1% of GDP on the military. NATO members are supposed to spend 2%, even if only a few do. Some aspects of the military are top notch, but in terms of the big ticket items that you'd wage an actual war against another nation state with, we've get next to nothing that isn't left over from the Cold War. It's a serious problem, in my opinion, especially with the melting Arctic and having basically no military presence up there other than a bunch of Inuit "rangers" with 100 year old rifles. Even compared to similarly sized countries population or economy wise, Canada's military is kind of a joke these days. And it's not likely to change any time soon.

Treddy is too busy keeping up with gay pride and UN peacegrabbing missions.

• 1Like

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Treddy is too busy keeping up with gay pride and UN peacegrabbing missions.

Right, because the Conservatives in their nearly 10 years in power did so much to fix the military's problems as well. The Liberals have been in power for just about a year now. None of this shit can be laid at this specific government's feet, as yet anyway. It's a failure of both parties, not either one or any leader in particular. This shit has been ongoing for 20+ years. I'm not optimistic that Trudeau fixes it, though. It's both a lack of funding AND a failure of bureaucracy.

• 3Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Right, because the Conservatives in their nearly 10 years in power did so much to fix the military's problems as well. The Liberals have been in power for just about a year now. None of this shit can be laid at this specific government's feet, as yet anyway. It's a failure of both parties, not either one or any leader in particular. This shit has been ongoing for 20+ years. I'm not optimistic that Trudeau fixes it, though. It's both a lack of funding AND a failure of bureaucracy.
Federal budget not likely to add much extra bang for military’s buck | Toronto Star

Trudeau defends Canada’s military spending record, points to NATO contribution | Toronto Star

Harper fucked with cutting taxes. Too bad he turned up the difficulty level from Hard to Extreme.

And Trudeau Extreme to No Game.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Russia doesn't use 500kt warheads though. The few they carry of that magnitude wouldn't be used widescale. Most are 150kt multi warheads which could be used multiple locations for the same city but unlikely as they only have x amount of warheads and must hit many countries at one time. So even with 1800 warheads they suffer from lack of warheads to hit all the locations they need to hit given they must equally hit Europe as well. So that video is a bit more fear mongering than it should be. Not that I would want to be near one. For most people outside of inner cities the goal is survive 14-21 days without exposure. Then it's Red Dawn game on.

Should add the newer missiles have a 250KT option but they have proven high failure launch rate as recently as a few years ago.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dashivax

N00b
The DNC blamed Russia, as did Hillary Clinton, and Intelligence officials. So when I say the DNC blamed them for hacks my statement is true.

Meanwhile I saw more evidence for Iraq's WMDs than this bullshit. Russian methods, Russia has a history of it, Russia likes to do it, it must be Russia! I have yet to see a lick of proof. So I'll stand by my quoted assertion: if the DNC (and yes others) were not blaming them for hacks this other shit would probably not make the news.

There is a history here though. For several years now security researchers have been uncovering the traces left behind by a few cyber organizations that have clear Russian origins. These organizations have completed ops in Europe and are now being discovered in the US.

There isn't hard evidence linking these organizations to the Russian government, sure, but they are clearly operating from within Russia and with a level of sophistication and purpose that is hard to attribute to anything but a state run enterprise.

This article sums up most of what I have read about Russian cyber over the past few years when looking into Stuxnet and other similar large politically-motivated hacks that security researchers have been digging into.

Meet Fancy Bear, The Russian Group Hacking The US Election

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is a history here though. For several years now security researchers have been uncovering the traces left behind by a few cyber organizations that have clear Russian origins. These organizations have completed ops in Europe and are now being discovered in the US.

There isn't hard evidence linking these organizations to the Russian government, sure, but they are clearly operating from within Russia and with a level of sophistication and purpose that is hard to attribute to anything but a state run enterprise.

This article sums up most of what I have read about Russian cyber over the past few years when looking into Stuxnet and other similar large politically-motivated hacks that security researchers have been digging into.

Meet Fancy Bear, The Russian Group Hacking The US Election

Please man, you must realize just how speculative so much of that Buzzfeed article is? Surely? They're drawing incidental information and context clues and past actions and drawing it together to create links to Russia's central government in a way that is about as well supported as would be claiming that 4chan is an arm of the CIA.

There isn't any hard evidence is an understatement. There isn't anything but speculative evidence at all. They can't even pinpoint what cities it's from but they draw KGB offshoots and state sponsorship? Really? The evidence points to Russians being the most likely culprit and the Russian state having the potential to be involved - and that's the extent. Russian hackers does not necessarily equal Russian state sponsored hacking just like American hackers doing something are not necessarily US government sponsored hackers. It's a ton of logic leaps to reach conclusions.

I get it though. These intelligence experts don't want to come out and say "I don't know what the fuck happened and can only make educated guesses" because they'll end up in the unemployment lines. They have to pick a target, and Russians are the very clear most likely and their government being involved makes it look less damning for the victims, so they go with that.

Meanwhile Trump saying you don't know and it could be Russia, could be China, could be some fat dude on a couch: totally accurate.

• 2Like

Dashivax

N00b
I agree there isn't hard proof linking the organizations to the Russian state, but they are by far the most likely sponsor.

The evidence does point to this operation originating from Russia. The IPs originate in Russia. There are Russian characters and phrases in the code of the malware. The time stamps of events correspond to working hours of Moscow and St. Petersburg time zones.

To me that is enough that the statement "it could be anyone, it could be Russia, china, or a 400 lb man" is just not accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.