New movies that dont deserve their own thread.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

No GIF by BuzzFeed
Will trying to use sequels to get some popularity back. Can't wait for Hancock 2, I Robot 2, and Hitch 2!

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Only thing I remember about that movie was having my Jimmies Rustled over the dog.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Will trying to use sequels to get some popularity back. Can't wait for Hancock 2, I Robot 2, and Hitch 2!
Wait did he blow himself up in the end? I know there's two different endings and one of them was he set off a bunch of grenades in his lab, and maybe there was another version where he escaped with some Mexican lady and some kid? Sorry it was just stupid.

I was really excited about that movie when it came out. That's one of my favorite novellas, and I typically read it once a year or listen to it. Went to go see it one weekend with my brother and his wife, and they knew I was pretty pumped . We got out, and they asked me what I thought and I told them it was an utter piece of shit. They both liked it and I told him go read the book.

Surprisingly they both did, and then realized immediately why I hated it. The whole movie was just stupid. They weren't vampires, but some kind of movie zombie monster man shit.

The Vincent Price version was probably the most faithful. I guess the Omega Man also being B movie cheese is still even better.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
A few people I spoke to, I agree, said that the best bits of I am Legend was the first 30 - 45 mins with him just doing his stuff to survive in the deserted city. Before the whole plot thing starts to happen.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
A few people I spoke to, I agree, said that the best bits of I am Legend was the first 30 - 45 mins with him just doing his stuff to survive in the deserted city. Before the whole plot thing starts to happen.
I can agree with that, first act was at least faithful to a degree, and then it just goes off the rails. The monsters not being sentient vampires but to some kind of caveman mutant screws everything up. I know in love novella, one of the things that he bitched about was his neighbor that used to work with him or something, I used to ride to work together, and he was always trying to figure out where the hell he would hide during daytime.

Towards the end when the new world order a vampire people come out, he's looking through his one day and sees them hunt his buddy down, and it pisses him off, because he actually still had sympathy for his friend.

I don't know. I'd honestly still like to see a true adaptation, but I don't think you can make a movie about a white man surviving a vampire Apocalypse.
Stake Land might actually be the best version of the book, even though it's way out there, but you can kind of tell it was an influence in the film. But Mister it's probably a better representation of Nevel than any of those other movies have.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I can agree with that, first act was at least faithful to a degree, and then it just goes off the rails. The monsters not being sentient vampires but to some kind of caveman mutant screws everything up. I know in love novella, one of the things that he bitched about was his neighbor that used to work with him or something, I used to ride to work together, and he was always trying to figure out where the hell he would hide during daytime.

Towards the end when the new world order a vampire people come out, he's looking through his one day and sees them hunt his buddy down, and it pisses him off, because he actually still had sympathy for his friend.

I don't know. I'd honestly still like to see a true adaptation, but I don't think you can make a movie about a white man surviving a vampire Apocalypse.
Stake Land might actually be the best version of the book, even though it's way out there, but you can kind of tell it was an influence in the film. But Mister it's probably a better representation of Nevel than any of those other movies have.
This was made right as zombies were becoming popular again. It looks like they made them more like zombie vampires.

• 1Like