New Progression Server confirmed

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
so is the water pet better than the fire here? I usually use fire, but it seems weak.
It can be best if you've got heals and buffs for it - but if you're soloing/don't have anything to support it, it's terrible.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Solid choice!
You would say that, wouldn't you?
tongue.png

What was that old quote again? "An SK is an exploding swiss army knife of a class" or something like that?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I don't know how I did this in the past lol. Just gonna take it slow and not try and go for riches and glory (mainly riches). My back hurts after 4 hours haha.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You would say that, wouldn't you?
tongue.png

What was that old quote again? "An SK is an exploding swiss army knife of a class" or something like that?
Well I did talk to the tank officer in RoI and he was pretty high on SKs. They have the best snap agro in the game right now. I rolled one but decided to Monk it up for a while since tanks are not really necessary right now.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Firepet is best leveling(especially if you have a healer) due to its awesome ds.
Yeah I'm running mage/mage/nec/ench/smh/druid.. been doing water but maybe ill check out fire, I'm level 35 now, got the 36 water pet waiting in my bag too. I tend to pull 3-4 yellow/reds at a time though and pet tank/nuke them down. I try to mez now and then but gets resist and aggro on the ench. Also trying to get more CHA so i can charm longer, hate having charm break when I'm off pulling with the ench.

anyone good with isboxer, give a good idea how to reliably setup a hotkey to self DS the mage pet? I had one to double F1 but I fizzle DS a lot so it would either DS the mage the second time I pressed it or get the pet sometimes. I had someone tell me was a better way to do it through isboxer so it wouldnt keep switching between mage and pet target when casting DS. Cant you stack fire pet with mage DS?

Crone

Yeah I'm running mage/mage/nec/ench/smh/druid.. been doing water but maybe ill check out fire, I'm level 35 now, got the 36 water pet waiting in my bag too. I tend to pull 3-4 yellow/reds at a time though and pet tank/nuke them down. I try to mez now and then but gets resist and aggro on the ench. Also trying to get more CHA so i can charm longer, hate having charm break when I'm off pulling with the ench.

anyone good with isboxer, give a good idea how to reliably setup a hotkey to self DS the mage pet? I had one to double F1 but I fizzle DS a lot so it would either DS the mage the second time I pressed it or get the pet sometimes. I had someone tell me was a better way to do it through isboxer so it wouldnt keep switching between mage and pet target when casting DS. Cant you stack fire pet with mage DS?
Setup the hotkey in ISBoxer, so on the mage box, it hits F1 twice, targetting the pet, and then hitting an in game hotkey. On that hotkey, have /cast and /pause macros set so it tries casting it 3 times I think is the max you can fit into a single macro. If you are fizzling more than that, raise your skills, and then come back to try again.
wink.png

Edit: you may not even need to have a pause... but /cast 1 or whatever spell gem your DS is on, /pause 10 , a very quick pause for the gem to refresh after a fizzle, then /cast 1 , /pause 10, /cast 1 /pause 10. If it successfully casts, it'll just get the message you can't cast that right now because you're already casting another spell.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Also has anyone found a good group window that has bigger pet health bars, or even a health bar off to the side of each group member? I have about 5 pet in my group and the default ui is balls for that. I just installed vert UI which I like but the pet health bar is even smaller now.

Thanks crone I'll test that out with the attempts or just go train at the dang trainer hehe. I was also hoping was a better way, then I could setup specific heal mapped keys for pets.

Crone

Well you can setup key maps to heal pets specifically, you would just have to separate it out into separate macros. One for targetting the pets, and another for casting. That would then let you spam the cast button all you want for fizzles. So like Shift-Numlock7 to target the pet, Numlock7 to start healing. The issue with that is that you would have to change these every time you formed a group unless you are putting the mages in the same group slot every time?

These issues, are why I like having an actual tank in the group.
frown.png

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm going to keep leveling the dudes on Ragefire for now. Will swap over if the guys I'm playing with (Lost in Progression and a few DHS) move or quit.

Vit, what's your name on Lockjaw? Might send you a tell for some scroll combines on Ragefire if you're willing.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Its worth noting that back in the day you could make your macro lines like this:
/cast 1
/pause 10, /cast 1
etc..

That made it so you could attempt the cast 5 times in one macro.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I must be rusty, finding leveling rather difficult, taking me all morning just to get to lvl 4 on druid. I know people say it's still faster than back in 99 but that seems impossible I recall enjoying making newbs as the new servers came online and could get lvl 14 druid in first day consistently.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I must be rusty, finding leveling rather difficult, taking me all morning just to get to lvl 4 on druid. I know people say it's still faster than back in 99 but that seems impossible I recall enjoying making newbs as the new servers came online and could get lvl 14 druid in first day consistently.
There's no way without PL that in 1999 you got to level 14 on a Druid in one day. A very solid time for 1-4 was 3.5 hours. You probably had Skin like Thorns and random level 49 Druid buffs and such.

Crone

I was thinking I was a damn scrub because it took 4 hours to get to level 5? Guess I'm right on track...

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Levels 1-12 are awful. You're usually in a zone without a high ZEM, you have almost none of your utility, and you're missing a lot of key "lines" of spells.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you are a healer or caster you get bind affinity at level 12 and can bind yourself anywhere. If you aren't high enough level or don't have the spell you can bind in any city in the game at a Soulbinder. Kaladim has one, for example, and it's a closer run from there to Unrest.