New Progression Server confirmed

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Awww shit. Dropping in 2 days, and I can't make up my mind if I'm going to give it a go right from the start, or let things die down for a month or so before hopping in. Shit.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Awww shit. Dropping in 2 days, and I can't make up my mind if I'm going to give it a go right from the start, or let things die down for a month or so before hopping in. Shit.
Ya gotta go from the start brew. You'll never forget these first few days of madness.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Ya gotta go from the start brew. You'll never forget these first few days of madness.
I agree.. to me the way Everquest is designed, intentionally or not, no other game can capture what EQ provides with a new server release. Instead of crowded quest hubs it is chaos over a large rat and moss snake lol

Crone

Good point. My friend and I were planning on boxing 3 each, but we dropped that down to just 1 each to see how things turn out.

Crone

Bards get /melody right from the start, don't they?

Rolling up a Bard, and will go from there! Solo boxing to start out! Invite me to group brews, so we can kill snakes together!!

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The temptation is real.
Play casually if need be. You'll have forever rustled jimmies if you don't do this; always looking back to TLP 3.0 as the one who got away.

Word are you playing this time around?
Absolutely. Rolling my traditional progression Bard named Danglez. Although it seems that everyone is rolling a bard this time around. You joining the fun too Furst?

Crone

Can never tell with progression servers, about the class needs. Will there be lack of tanks/healers? Sometimes EQ is funny, and doesn't follow the typical MMO mold of yes, their will be lack of tanks. I've been in situations on different EQ servers where one night it was no tank, and another night, it was actually lack of DPS to make a full group.

You will be able to bow kite around 21 ish....but you will need to be in outdoor large zones.
Thanks!

I don't want to box this time. How would you rank these 3 in terms of solo ability?
SK
Pali
Ranger?

I play very casually and I am worried about the gear dependency for the SK and Pali
smile.png

Dragoon_sl

shitlord
Thanks!

I don't want to box this time. How would you rank these 3 in terms of solo ability?
SK
Pali
Ranger?

I play very casually and I am worried about the gear dependency for the SK and Pali
smile.png
SK is probabaly the best soloer through traditional methods. However, Paladins can solo great if you are fighting undead mobs.

Ranger will be hard to solo unless you are kiting and are hardcore.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Dear god do not roll a melee class until Kunark is out, or until after you level your caster(s) and can gear them. Weapons are going to be non-existent for a loooooong while.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Blackened alloy bastard sword!
Comes from level ~30 goblins, how do you propose melee get to that point using bronze and rusty shite? The weapon desert is real in pure classic outside a few cases like scouts blade or langseax can that be quested relatively early.

Dragoon_sl

shitlord
Comes from level ~30 goblins, how do you propose melee get to that point using bronze and rusty shite? The weapon desert is real in pure classic outside a few cases like scouts blade or langseax can that be quested relatively early.
BABS will be on camp lockdown by the 6 mage groups and the market will have plenty of those to sell. His best bet is to save his platinum.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Do remember that bards don't become king shit of utility mountain until luclin (fading memories) and it just gets better from there (overhaste, spell damage boosts, etc)

Until then you kind of just glare at the bard and think "why aren't you an enchanter box sitting out of group?" Unless of course you are fighting a dragon and want to resist everything or looking to run across the Karanas.