New Progression Server confirmed

Needless

Toe Sucker
thats why i already cancelled my accounts lol, shits an actual joke

but i have 27 days of all access so im going to drop 5m plat on a monk and punch shit on firiona vie, ayyyyy!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No big surprise, but here is the raid for Naggy. Mage army!!

rrr_img_98312.jpg

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I'm having fun playing since I didn't play at classic. I think its sorta cool people killed them but I'm just curious as to why if they didn't do a traditional 1999 server anyway, why not just fix and even out the little things. Like if you knew mage pets would be that good and have known for a while why not twink them and make them less OP. Why not add some HP to the bosses and require some 50s to kill them, etc.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They claim that such changes would impact all servers, not just the progression servers.
Which is nonsense - "Debuff Aura" along the lines of Uqua that only hits casters (to tone down spells), pets (to tone them down), and HtH melee (to tone it down) could be added to each Classic zone that disappears at the appropriate expansion (I think TSS is when the updates went into place?)

They might not WANT to do it, but its a really elegant quick solution - hardest part is doing the math on the debuff formula.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Which is nonsense - "Debuff Aura" along the lines of Uqua that only hits casters (to tone down spells), pets (to tone them down), and HtH melee (to tone it down) could be added to each Classic zone that disappears at the appropriate expansion (I think TSS is when the updates went into place?)

They might not WANT to do it, but its a really elegant quick solution - hardest part is doing the math on the debuff formula.
Sure, it's quick and elegant. You know what wouldn't be though? Testing for anomolies.

I mean the launch was delayed a whole day because people were creating their characters and spawning at level 50 wearing full sets of heroic gear. You honestly trust these clowns to successfully implement manually controlled solutions like zone wide auras?

What's more surprising to me is those of you STILL questioning why they don't want to dive into the code to create a more classic experience when you have the benefit of hindsight. You just witnessed how awesome their easy custom solutions work out (instancing low level zones that create level 50 players).

korzax_sl

shitlord
I cancelled, and doubt I'll be playing anymore. Trying to cram 4000+ people into a world that used to be packed with 2000 people back in the day just shows how little respect they have for the player compared to the bottom line.

One plus, I picked up Asheron's Call for $10, which pays for unlimited access forever. One time payment for unlimited access to 6 servers, yes please.

Fourth_sl

shitlord
I just loaded up p99 tonight, everyone is in kunark so classic is pretty much dead. Would anyone be interested in starting on that server and just do vanilla with no twinking.

Its really the closest thing to the original game out there.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sure, it's quick and elegant. You know what wouldn't be though? Testing for anomolies.
They've already got every single bit of code that I'm talking about already in game except for maybe the pet targeting - that's the only "If" part.

Zonewide auras exist in at least a dozen zones that I'm aware (probably well over that now), reducing HTH damage effects exist, reducing spell damage effects exist, reducing overall damage exists.

Adding absolutely nothing new besides an NPC in each zone to do the AE is the entirety besides using effects they already use. If any of that stuff would be breaking stuff, it would be doing it all over the place already. Heck, Prathun (I think it was him at least) over TLP2.0's buildup confirmed it would be "easily doable" - and you know how much of a pessimist he is - he just didn't like the idea of fielding the "Why does x work differently than Live" questions all the time or "Why does my spell hit less than it's written?" in the case of the casting debuff.

Period. That's the problem is confusion over the different results of abilities and such. The difficulty should be moot unless whatever dev it was back then was full of shit, which I somehow doubt things have gotten harder in 5 yrs.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Shame, got to play for a little bit before leaving for travel this weekend, but hearing about the whole boxing poopsocking situation really is a shame. Not being in any previous progression server obviously made me ignorant to what this would be, but I should have expected it considering how much has changed from when people had no idea what an MMO was like when we first started. I don't get it.... Playing your own little army with no interaction in an an MMO? What the fuck is the point? Well at least it'll be fun to chat and level up with old friends... Still though, sucks there will always be poopsockers now doing everything they can to basically ruin the experience

Column_sl

shitlord
The point is to troll for these nerds. You have to understand the mentality of the people that play a game to purposely ruin a server, and lock it down.

You are talking old ass bitches here with nothing to do in their lives. Even when I played at launch most people were in their 20's, and I was in my early teens.

You had to know this was going to happen the writing was on the wall. 32k mobs with pets that were 4 expacs ahead, laughable.

And didn't TL say there were going to do this from the start anyway?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I know those people have been up 24/7 but the mage pets are ridiculous. Theres a reason the highest people in my guild are all mages coupled with clr/ench lol. I mean I look at everyone 30+ and its mages/clr/ench all the way to the top level in the guild. I dont play a mage, but I have 2 buddies that 2 box with me and each have a mage, at least every hour we get some crazy pull and they go wtf that was nuts i cant believe the mage pets raped that pull we should be dead. They should have done something to tone them down, and fix some other things. Ridiculous they say it would effect other servers...

Not to mention this queue/server full promotes people playing longer if they're boxing or staying in. The queue is fucking retarded, had one character get in within 5 minutes of entering the queue, after my first character had been in the queue for 5 minutes and took 40 minutes to finally get in. I cant imagine what a boxer thinks, with 5-6 accounts, it's "never log off" lol.

I dont think this server is going to last if they expect classic for 6 months LOL and all this server full bullshit. I mean I tried to find one camp spot lastnight for level 13 around commons/lavastorm and the shit had 5 groups in every corner dps warring each other. I like that kind of competition but this server is bursting at the seams. Just cant handle all the people unless they instance each zone more, maybe max of 3 instances per zone so people cant just farm a spot then pickzone to next instance.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
lol @ people saying this isnt how classic was...so clueless. EQ classic was never hard.

Also guilds locking down raid mobs = classic experience. Too many cazzies (casuals) used to instanced stuff