New Progression Server confirmed

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
We can just pop 2-3VM per desktop and still manage to 6 box at least. It's per computer not IP
VMs of any kind are very easily detectable. VMWare for sure gets you an insta-ban. If they could detect and ban ISBoxer they would not need to clamp the client because it would make playing more than 2-4 accounts pretty hard.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
My forum account @ DBG just got suspended for posting a hidden conversation regarding Apok/RoE/TL/Roshen.

If you want to see all the bullshit that's going on behind the doors, go toTinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

Private Discussion with Roshen, Myself (TL), Gynx & Dojii (Apok), and Breeze (RoE) - [url="http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=24403575397163372391 - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free[/url] ... 7163372391

Longdale, Holly <Email address edited out>
3:31 PM (5 hours ago)

I hope this doesn't read like a form letter, but I'm sending an email to the folks who have been sending me information, questions, and comments on the Ragefire rotation.

As I said to a few people based on a new proposal that came up last week, that we would take a look at it. I certainly didn't intend to give an impression that Dev would issue a Holy Hand Grenade to bless any kind of proposal. If that's how it came across, I'm sorry.

It appears to us as though the guilds are working together, discussing and compromising. Looking at threads like the one here, it appears that guilds ARE working towards compromises and a rotation that works for everyone: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=341

We feel in time you will all come to a resolution that works on Ragefire. Please keep working together and PM Roshen on the forums when you have posted a plan you all agree on and he will sticky it.

I hope you all see our point of view. We really feel that this isn't an area that Dev should be involved in because no matter what happens, it isn't us who will be managing how you play or getting involved unless a guild breaks the rules you all agree on. You all have to live with it as a community.

I really admire everyone for their passionate involvement and representing the players on Ragefire who so passionately tackle these concerns.

Sincerely,

Holly Longdale

Posting it here incase it gets deleted.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
My account may get suspended for this, but here you go - was just sent to me a few minutes ago in the raid rotation private discussion that only Apok/RoE/TL have access to.

Dojii, convMessage: 35925, member: 3674 wrote:
It seems like we need a lot of work just learning to talk to each other. Let alone having a discussion about the rotation, and future of the server.

Skyp-- I would just hope at this point you can be patient with the process of discussions. It's not all going to be wrapped up in one night. We are selling ourselves short by trying to just throw out votes and using alt guilds / bot army guilds / casual guilds to dictate what happens in the raiding scene. We need to come to a mutual level of respect and learn how to share the content with each other. Not fight over it like wild animals. That being said I anticipate small changes, not big ones. But give and take on all sides until we can all agree on a common order. Letting the raiding guilds, respectfully handle the raiding scene.

Breeze-- I understand also your concern about <The Last Guardian> and if they are an alt guild or whatever. You brought up some valid points, but if anyone is trying to snake the system it will be obvious to the GMs / Devs if they do a bit of IP scanning. That's something the GMs have to handle though. On our end if the guys can manage the content, and truly are their own entity, they have to be allowed in the rotation. I personally haven't interacted with them enough to know them well. I just know they killed Nagafen and under the current rules are in the rotation. Overcast seems reasonable.

Roshen-- Thank you for moderating this discussion. I think all parties have valid concerns. I don't think that there is a quick fix for the Ragefire rotation. Once we get Bonlgon in here (Rosengard) and Overcast (The Last Guardian) we'll have all 5 raiding guilds in this conversation. And still we will have to go from there into further discussion.

At this point all I can hope for is that all parties/guilds involved can give a little till we all meet somewhere in the middle. Each guild while able to raid and handle the content, has a bit of their own idea as to how things should play out.

With a bit of mutual trust, and respect, I am hopeful that in time we can all work on a rotation and agreement....that is truly for the good of the server. Not just now but going into the many expansions and years ahead that we plan on playing here.
The thing that got me suspended.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
My head hurts after reading through all six pages of that. Breeze seems insane in that she thinks you guys somehow have RG in your pocket. Yeah man, TL totally controls a guild that's existed for the past 5+ years. There is a huge problem here where the casual or mid tier raiding guilds can simply outvote the top guild and tell it to GTFO. It's absurd man, I support player made rotations but there should never be GM enforced rotations because you get these abominations where low tier guilds try to hold top guilds hostage.

The sad thing is that I'm sure a certain retard on Lockjaw will try to recreate this shit show soon. We've bagged 9/10 FFA targets since the new rotation was created, maybe we need to lose some on purpose to avoid it.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
To give you guys ALL of the information, this is the conversation we've had with the
guides:
If one guild is breaking rotation and causing a problem we should do a guild
wide suspension. This will likely be for 7*days, and will affect EVERYONE in
the guild, even if they weren't in the raid.
If Ragefire CAN'T figure out a rotation, we should remove raid bosses until a
rotation agreement can be reached.
I'
What a gem of a quote. Seemed like Roshen was just herding you guys along and not really giving any valuable input or moderating, then says hey guys lets just have a meeting, again. They dont fucking get anything. I didnt read it all cause fuck apok and roe, but roshen was barely in that conversation, mindstate wise.

I think thraka had the best point, we cant ignore the other guilds, they will enter the rotation eventually, why are we only focusing on the 5 guilds that are in it currently? I can't believe you have to waste your time putting up with so many PMs and forum posts, hosting meetings and then having to do it again. Then that part where I think holly says we need a rotation EVERYONE agrees on - da fuk

I posted the PDF file on the meeting post, inc forum ban.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What a gem of a quote. Seemed like Roshen was just herding you guys along and not really giving any valuable input or moderating, then says hey guys lets just have a meeting, again. They dont fucking get anything. I didnt read it all cause fuck apok and roe, but roshen was barely in that conversation, mindstate wise.

I think thraka had the best point, we cant ignore the other guilds, they will enter the rotation eventually, why are we only focusing on the 5 guilds that are in it currently? I can't believe you have to waste your time putting up with so many PMs and forum posts, hosting meetings and then having to do it again. Then that part where I think holly says we need a rotation EVERYONE agrees on - da fuk

I posted the PDF file on the meeting post, inc forum ban.
No matter what Apok does we'll still get every single FFA cycle and all of the cleanups. It's only going to get much worse for them in Kunark with the difficulty of mobs coming.

So funny how intent they are fighting for GM handouts and only a small fraction of them at 1/5th currently.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I honestly think that they should remove raid bosses on RF until Kunark. It's obvious that a rotation for classic will never be agreed upon, so go a few weeks without, FFA the first month of Kunark, then set up a new kunark rotation with the guilds that can kill the targets (probably not RoE, maybe not apok).

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The thing is these guilds are going to start pushing to rotate server firsts and shit soon. It will completely destroy the server when you're forced to rotate trak teeth and it takes six months to key your guild.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Apok's only goals according to their guild chat is annoy, anger and bother us, so that sounds about right.

flux_sl

shitlord
Apok's only goals according to their guild chat is annoy, anger and bother us, so that sounds about right.
We could careless about intentionally "annoying, angering or bothering" you it just so happens that encroaching on your god and dragon monopoly does those things without us having to go out of our way to do anything. I know a lot of your RMT gravy train washed up, so naturally I can understand your frustrations.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
I despise RMTing, it shouldn't have a place in gaming. I've in fact been removing people from that guild permanently for RMTing raid loot. Its a slap in the face to the entire guild who spent the time and effort to get that member their loot. I've never RMTed anything in any game I've ever played and I pay for all my accounts using my own money. The guild bank itself, only two people have access to it, myself and Sulerill. Trust me when I say nothing leaves our guild bank without the guild being aware of it.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I despise RMTing, it shouldn't have a place in gaming. I've in fact been removing people from that guild permanently for RMTing raid loot. Its a slap in the face to the entire guild who spent the time and effort to get that member their loot. I've never RMTed anything in any game I've ever played and I pay for all my accounts using my own money. The guild bank itself, only two people have access to it, myself and Sulerill. Trust me when I say nothing leaves our guild bank without the guild being aware of it.
This is just Apoks new angle to bother you and try to slander the guild. Its too hard for them to comprehend one ex TL selling his toon off and gear. If anyone is selling RMT gear to make a living, their lifestyle expectations are pretty fucking low.

@flux I'm not frustrated at all, the thing is your leadership will never have the intelligence to learn to gear your guild like TL's leadership has done with us. We're already geared and know what were doing when competition shows up. That's why you guys sucked and had to have GMs give you loot, remember why this all started? You guys are bad and couldn't compete.

Trust me I understand and empathize, you guys raided for 2+ months with nothing to ever show for it and this is your only option.

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
From the logs and stuff I've read, it looks like Rosengard supports FFA, DPS racing and competition - even as they were losing to TL, they would rather compete and win, rather than game the system in their favour.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
From the logs and stuff I've read, it looks like Rosengard supports FFA, DPS racing and competition - even as they were losing to TL, they would rather compete and win, rather than game the system in their favour.
They've beat us a couple of times actually, they are pretty well organized and competent. They just realize that they don't have the guild composition or expectation to be able to raid in the AM hours.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is drama proportional to eq age?
Easily. You should read the forums... Original "Official" raid rotation thread in which a deal was made behind doors had the thread reach 50 pages of arguing. Then TL proposes an open discussion, 10 guilds show up and all work together to compromise and construct a rotation which they all agree with. 8 guilds have their leaders sign their approval, 2 disagree... the 2 guilds that had the current backdoor rotation deal shoved down the server's throat. A thread opens where TL shows the discussion logs and the 8 guilds signing on to the deal, but we reach 25 pages in that thread of RoE and Apok dragging their feet on this deal, ESPECIALLY from one or two vocal members who fail to see how the newly proposed rotation is better for the server.

Then RoE/Apok open a new thread announcing we are having an official meeting Friday to discuss a rotation. It's pretty much a slap in the face to the guilds who did show up and discuss a deal for hours, when RoE/ Apok showed barely any interest in a conversation at the original meeting. Thread is now at 13 pages, and it's just non stop bickering that basically shows there will be zero progress from discussion.

What makes this situation really frustrating is how FUCKING USELESS DBG are being in this whole situation of which they are giving no form of mediation. They start by asking the guilds to be nice and work together for a rotation. A rotation is stealth made by 2 guilds, and DBG states they will now enforce this rotation, but it can change if guilds come up with a better one. Now some guilds are basically treating this current rotation as one that is 100% set in stone because DBG laid a "seal of approval" on it, even though it was the only proposal given. Now you have EIGHT guilds which are weighing in, and yet now even though DBG said they would mediate the situation, they currently have yet to comment of fucking ANYTHING through these nearly 100 pages of bickering. And from what you can see from Thraka's post, they still have no fucking idea of how to handle this situation. Holly gives some super vague letter of how guilds are "working toward some agreement," and yet there already HAS been an agreement amongst a large majority of guilds. It's like this whole discussion amongst the guilds and the rotation that was posted completely flew over the heads of the dimwits at DBG.

Edit- Seems as though guilds are agreeing to this second meeting on Friday. Logs will be posted after. Hopefully all this BS can be left behind after Friday.