NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

I think Brady's done. He's 37, which is historically when QBs who last that long start to show their age. Guys like Elway and Manning who seemed to get better the longer they played are the exception not the rule. Brady looks like a scared old man out there.

The ownership is solid, so it's going to come down to who Kraft picks to replace Bill, assuming he retires when Brady does.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hm I wonder if Bill will retire with Brady or not. I feel if it does his legacy will always be completely entwined with Brady. Like Bill was a pretty unsuccessful coach prior to having one of the best QBs to play the spot. Can Bill coach and win with a team that doesn't have a for sure HOF QB or not? Maybe he doesn't care about his legacy and isn't concerned with things like that I don't know the guy.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The whole not pay your players thing for younger talent is really showing after letting Welker go.

Mankins comes to mind this year

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't think that's true, with the way the NFL salary cap works you can't pay every single player unless you have a situation like Seattle where Wilson is on a way below market deal. Once they give Wilson his mega extension I would guess Seattle will come back towards the pack as they won't be able to give out nice contracts to mid-level type players such as Bennett or the rest of the D-Line. Other than Carroll being a god of a DB coach I don't see how they won't have issues once that happens. Same thing the Patriots have been dealing with but Brady has been a retard all these years taking below market deals.

Tenks

In the modern NFL it is true you need to pick and choose your battles with your own players but that also heavily comes down to evaluation. The Pats' offense line is a complete mess and they gave away their best lineman. In my view that makes no sense.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I guess I don't see a player on the roster that come close to Welker or Mankins, I think Brady feels the same way.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think the Pats just started to enjoy the smell of their own farts. They had so much confidence in their ability to find diamonds in the rough that they let surefire players go. And it's biting them in the ass now. They thought they could polish every turd.

Tenks

Time for another 30+ pt blowout on Thursday. Such fun games. Its like watching college football!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't care. It's football. And I get to watch my boy Zimmer on the sidelines.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think Brady's done. He's 37, which is historically when QBs who last that long start to show their age. Guys like Elway and Manning who seemed to get better the longer they played are the exception not the rule. Brady looks like a scared old man out there.

The ownership is solid, so it's going to come down to who Kraft picks to replace Bill, assuming he retires when Brady does.
Pretty sure I said this before the season started.

Edit: I take that back. Apparently it was after week 2.

Not only that, but the Patriots are looking like shit this year. I'm about 50/50 on whether they even make the playoffs.

There's a good possibility that Brady plays his last year with the Patriots this year before bouncing around the league for 2-3 seasons and then retires.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I don't think that's true, with the way the NFL salary cap works you can't pay every single player unless you have a situation like Seattle where Wilson is on a way below market deal. Once they give Wilson his mega extension I would guess Seattle will come back towards the pack as they won't be able to give out nice contracts to mid-level type players such as Bennett or the rest of the D-Line. Other than Carroll being a god of a DB coach I don't see how they won't have issues once that happens. Same thing the Patriots have been dealing with but Brady has been a retard all these years taking below market deals.
Brady prolly left money on the table but the guy is also unique in the modern NFL in that his wife makes more than he does so its not like its all on him to get as much cash as possible to make sure his family is set. When he retires his family income is still gonna be high 8 figures so what's he really care about a few million.

It could all turn around, for at least a year, if they go out with Dobsen, Thompkins, Gronk, Edelman and light the Bengals up with 40+ points

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It could all turn around, for at least a year, if they go out with Dobsen, Thompkins, Gronk, Edelman and light the Bengals up with 40+ points
Dobson won't be playing. Disciplinary reasons.

Looks like the Bengals won't have Burfict. That makes me sad.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Looks like Bridgewater is officially inactive, have to watch a Ponder start. Have to thank the shit Thursday games for that I suppose.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Asiata and McKinnon are going to run all over those Packer assholes.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if between the two of them they do have 5 rushing TDs. I'm assuming - or hoping, anyway - that the Packers come up with 6 TDs.