NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I'm going to say this, and I'm completely serious, but Romo > Aikman.

Aikman was an incredibly mediocre QB who happened to play with a SHITLOAD of Hall of Fame talent around him.

Put Aikman on any other team in the 90s and he's basically no better than someone like Bernie Kosar or Steve Deberg
Interesting... and your thoughts on Joe Montana?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm going to say this, and I'm completely serious, but Romo > Aikman.

Aikman was an incredibly mediocre QB who happened to play with a SHITLOAD of Hall of Fame talent around him.

Put Aikman on any other team in the 90s and he's basically no better than someone like Bernie Kosar or Steve Deberg
Well Kosar was pretty fucking goood as well and I also think you're referencing Aikman's last year or two when he was so concussed I don't even think he knew he was in the game or stadium half the time.

The rules are so different now for QB's that it's not a very fair comparison. McMahon might have been an all pro if he wasn't getting body slammed every other play.

As far as Cutler, maybe he just doesn't give a shit now? He's a dad and has plenty of money, he doesn't seem to be improving at all. I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last or 2nd to last year with the Bears. That's a lot of money to pay for a QB who just has games where he does more harm than good.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Super Bowl wins dont really mean anything in GOAT conversations. Its fun to throw it in someone's face just to piss them off but at the end of the day, its a team effort not an individual effort. This is why Rex Grossman started in a Super Bowl and Tony Romo never has. This is why Trent Dilfer led his team to a Super Bowl win and Dan Marino never won the Lombardi.

GOAT is best determined by individual statistics and at that level, Manning blows Brady out of the water.

If you'd go up to any NE fan right now with half a brain cell and ask them who would they want QB'ing their team right now - everyone but the dumbest homer would pick Manning over Brady.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So not much better than Rodgers then? I figure getting six free wins off the Fins, Jets, and Bills every year that they might have done better than that.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
So not much better than Rodgers then? I figure getting six free wins off the Fins, Jets, and Bills every year that they might have done better than that.
You watch your fucking mouth you mother fucker. The only reason you dickless fucks won last week is because of Philbin's terrible fucking coaching. The jackass who we got from your team.

Super Bowl wins dont really mean anything in GOAT conversations. Its fun to throw it in someone's face just to piss them off but at the end of the day, its a team effort not an individual effort. This is why Rex Grossman started in a Super Bowl and Tony Romo never has. This is why Trent Dilfer led his team to a Super Bowl win and Dan Marino never won the Lombardi.

GOAT is best determined by individual statistics and at that level, Manning blows Brady out of the water.

If you'd go up to any NE fan right now with half a brain cell and ask them who would they want QB'ing their team right now - everyone but the dumbest homer would pick Manning over Brady.
what a funny joke

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I doubt they'd go back and trade all those rings and appearances for a bunch of regular season and individual records coupled with superbowl losses and playoff flameouts. Barry Sanders may have been the greatest ever but that's pretty poor solace to a Lions fan.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I doubt they'd go back and trade all those rings and appearances for a bunch of regular season and individual records coupled with superbowl losses and playoff flameouts. Barry Sanders may have been the greatest ever but that's pretty poor solace to a Lions fan.
Of course they wouldn't. But like I said, if you're going by Playoffs and Superbowls, Troy Aikman, Bart Starr, and Terry Bradshaw are all better than Brady.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Of course they wouldn't. But like I said, if you're going by Playoffs and Superbowls, Troy Aikman, Bart Starr, and Terry Bradshaw are all better than Brady.
If you're going be Superbowls then there are a FUCK TON of QBs much better than Brady since the majority of QBs who have won superbowls have done it without cheating.

i literally cant believe you're dumb enough to think this but smart enough to use the internet

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Usually when people lose an argument as badly as you have, they shut up. But you keep talking. You're a special kind of stupid.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
i literally cant believe you're dumb enough to think this but smart enough to use the internet
tell us what makes brady's super bowl wins so much more special than bradshaw's or aikman's. is it the cheating?