NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Column_sl

shitlord
I do not understand the thought process behind anyone saying the Cowboys take Manziel. Romo starts his six year extension this year, and the first three years are extremely cap unfriendly. So we're saddled with Romo for at least another three years unless he decides to call it quits. People like to point out that he's had two back surgeries but the first one was a cyst removal which is only an issue if left alone. The second one was what Manning had done to his neck twice before he had it fused. They could pull a GB/SF Rodgers/Young dynamic but given that the team is in dire need of some good talent, it would be foolish to draft someone in the 1st round with the intention of sitting them for three years.
I agree it's fucking retarded, and Romo isnt even that old. Whatever, Dallas won't be a super bowl team again till Jerrys dead.

Why can't we just do what the Giants have done, and strengthen the defense so even if Romo screws up we win anyway.

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I agree it's fucking retarded, and Romo isnt even that old. Whatever, Dallas won't be a super bowl team again till Jerrys dead.

Why can't we just do what the Giants have done, and strengthen the defense so even if Romo screws up we win anyway.
Romo is 34. Its the same age that Aikman was when he retired. Not everyone can play as long as Favre did. And Jerry Jones isn't as bad as he once was. He listens to people more, especially his son Stephen who will probably eventually take over the Cowboys from him. Oh and Manziel isn't even the Cowboys top rated QB. They have Bortles in that spot.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm almost positive the Chattanooga Rivercows will take CB Jetrho Hixnubbler in the first. He's got a really high motor and is a total gymrat that will shore up a defense that was exposed by the high powered passing offenses of the LFC Southwest division last season.

I really can't believe how many people think the Davenport Thundergunts will trade up for Stankie McGillicutty. All his passing stats were ridiculously inflated by playing in a third tier conference in the Medium 7. And don't go thinking this is typical Southwest Coast bias, I'm not alone in this thinking. They'd really be better off trading down to the 17 spot with the Saratoga Snatchmonglers and using the extra picks to bolster that weak O-Line. Clubber Dunkworthy out of Reno would really be an asset at left tackle.
You had a good thing going until Saratoga Snatchmonglers.

I'd draft Stankie McGillicutty.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
If Rick Smith does trade for Mallet using R2P33... I hope he is immediately fired there after.

Column_sl

shitlord
Romo is 34. Its the same age that Aikman was when he retired. Not everyone can play as long as Favre did. And Jerry Jones isn't as bad as he once was. He listens to people more, especially his son Stephen who will probably eventually take over the Cowboys from him. Oh and Manziel isn't even the Cowboys top rated QB. They have Bortles in that spot.
Romo was fine last year, and Jerry Jones is just as bad as he ever was. Are you smoking crack?

He's backing a coach, that took over a team that made the playoffs every year to a team who never makes the playoffs.

That bitch isn't listening to anyone.

Disp_sl

shitlord
They may trade for Mallett, but no way they're trading a 2nd round pick for a dude who was drafted in the 3'rd and hasn't done anything in the NFL. Makes no sense. Maybe a 5'th or something.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Aikman didn't retire because of age, though. He just had too many concussions as anyone who's heard his announcing can verify.

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Romo was fine last year, and Jerry Jones is just as bad as he ever was. Are you smoking crack?

He's backing a coach, that took over a team that made the playoffs every year to a team who never makes the playoffs.

That bitch isn't listening to anyone.
That's why Romo played in every game last year right? Oh wait, he missed the last game. The last bad thing I remember Jerry Jones doing was the Roy Williams trade. Do you have anything else since then? And I am sorry, I did not realize that going to the playoffs 2 out of 4 years under Wade Phillips was making the playoffs every year.

I realize that Aikman retired due to concussions but playing football takes a toll on the body. Romo has had multiple rib fractures, punctured lung, herniated disk, and a sprained hand from playing as the Cowboys QB. Most of the injuries are from playing behind a horrible offensive line. I like Romo, but I dont expect him to be playing when he is 40.

Column_sl

shitlord
That's why Romo played in every game last year right? Oh wait, he missed the last game. The last bad thing I remember Jerry Jones doing was the Roy Williams trade. Do you have anything else since then? And I am sorry, I did not realize that going to the playoffs 2 out of 4 years under Wade Phillips was making the playoffs every year.
Wade only coached 2007-2009. He was fired mid season 2010.

So from 2006-2009. they missed one playoff game because Romo was injured.

He took Dallas to two playoff games both as 1st in the NFC.
2009 was their last season to see a playoff game.

Garrett taking over is his worst decision ever.

This is wades record

DAL 2007 13 3 0 .813 1st in NFC East 0 1 .000 Lost to New York Giants in NFC Divisional Game
DAL 2008 9 7 0 .562 3rd in NFC East - - - -
DAL 2009 11 5 0 .687 1st in NFC East
And this is Garretts

DAL* 2010 5 3 0 .625 3rd in NFC East - - - -
DAL 2011 8 8 0 .500 3rd in NFC East - - - -
DAL 2012 8 8 0 .500 3rd in NFC East - - - -
DAL 2013 8 8 0 .500 2nd in NFC East
As you can see, even if both coaches shared the blame for the 2010 season. Wade destroys Garrett.
Even in the season they missed the playoffs , Wades record was better...

How much guaranteed money does Romo have left? Why the fuck would you want him looking over his shoulder now? Dallas still has about as many idiot fans as Pittsburgh, too...they'll be chanting for Johnny every time Romo throws a pick.

Well, Jerry is why, I guess. Going to laugh my ass off if this shit actually happens.