NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mayock has Jerryworld taking JFF, if they do that I will definitely read this thread again for the lulz of Man0warr saying how he will be Drew Brees 2.0.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I can see the Bengals going CB in the 1st with Kyle Fuller. We're bound to hit on one of these early round defensive picks eventually, right?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Mayock has Jerryworld taking JFF, if they do that I will definitely read this thread again for the lulz of Man0warr saying how he will be Drew Brees 2.0.
This. Will be so hilarious. The only way this would get better is if Dallas trades up to get him

Bears need to take Calvin Pryor or Clinton-Dix in the first round and then pick up some more d-line help later on in the draft. They've done a pretty good job with the off season signing to shore up the defense, and getting a top flight safety would round things out very nicely.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can see the Bengals going CB in the 1st with Kyle Fuller. We're bound to hit on one of these early round defensive picks eventually, right?
I doubt Fuller will be there. I think our best case scenario is between Roby and Varrett. At that point I'd prefer to evaluate the draft board and see if there are better value picks instead of those two.

Tenks

Bears need to take Calvin Pryor or Clinton-Dix in the first round and then pick up some more d-line help later on in the draft. They've done a pretty good job with the off season signing to shore up the defense, and getting a top flight safety would round things out very nicely.
With the amount of Alabama defensive busts out there I'd be nervous to take Clinton-Dix. If he was there at the Bengals pick I'd snatch him but I probably wouldn't want him top 20.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I do not understand the thought process behind anyone saying the Cowboys take Manziel. Romo starts his six year extension this year, and the first three years are extremely cap unfriendly. So we're saddled with Romo for at least another three years unless he decides to call it quits. People like to point out that he's had two back surgeries but the first one was a cyst removal which is only an issue if left alone. The second one was what Manning had done to his neck twice before he had it fused. They could pull a GB/SF Rodgers/Young dynamic but given that the team is in dire need of some good talent, it would be foolish to draft someone in the 1st round with the intention of sitting them for three years.

Tenks

I do not understand the thought process behind anyone saying the Cowboys take Manziel. Romo starts his six year extension this year, and the first three years are extremely cap unfriendly. So we're saddled with Romo for at least another three years unless he decides to call it quits. People like to point out that he's had two back surgeries but the first one was a cyst removal which is only an issue if left alone. The second one was what Manning had done to his neck twice before he had it fused. They could pull a GB/SF Rodgers/Young dynamic but given that the team is in dire need of some good talent, it would be foolish to draft someone in the 1st round with the intention of sitting them for three years.
Wildcat bro. It's coming back.

With the amount of Alabama defensive busts out there I'd be nervous to take Clinton-Dix. If he was there at the Bengals pick I'd snatch him but I probably wouldn't want him top 20.
I'm much higher on Pryor myself, but anything is an upgrade over our current Safeties. The kid from Northern IL is also an intriguing pick but he is 5'11 and sub 200lbs, so a risky pick there. People have him rated anywhere from a top fifteen pick to a second rounder.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm hoping that Houston stays at No. 1 and takes Clowney. Also hoping that there was some type of breakthrough in medical technology done in the off season that prevents Brian Cushing from being done for the season before their bye week for the 3rd year in a row when every ligament in his knee spontaneously turns into dust.

Caliel

Because Jerry is more worried about filling seats than he is winning football games. Drafting JFF over Houston would help hugely to that end.
I don't think the Cowboys have to worry about filling seats or getting any media attention. That happens naturally. Though the only reason the Cowboys should draft Manziel is if their top targets like Donald, Barr, and Martin are gone and Manziel is thier bpa by a long shot.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm almost positive the Chattanooga Rivercows will take CB Jetrho Hixnubbler in the first. He's got a really high motor and is a total gymrat that will shore up a defense that was exposed by the high powered passing offenses of the LFC Southwest division last season.

I really can't believe how many people think the Davenport Thundergunts will trade up for Stankie McGillicutty. All his passing stats were ridiculously inflated by playing in a third tier conference in the Medium 7. And don't go thinking this is typical Southwest Coast bias, I'm not alone in this thinking. They'd really be better off trading down to the 17 spot with the Saratoga Snatchmonglers and using the extra picks to bolster that weak O-Line. Clubber Dunkworthy out of Reno would really be an asset at left tackle.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Anyone playingNFL.com - Predict the Pick - 2014 NFL Draftwould be interesting to see other peoples scores and who can get the most points.
How many of you suckers put Jerry Ricecakes on a team?

rrr_img_66383.jpg