NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

moontayle

Golden Squire
Wife is a Bills fan so we ended up watching most of the game last night (I went to bed around middle of the 3rd quarter). Reminded me of that first matchup between Dallas and Philadelphia. Both teams were shit. It's too bad they couldn't both lose.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
"The Jets and Bills, two AFC teams, played a game last night and yet somehow I'm making it about the Cowboys"

God damn Cowboys fans

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
It really wasn't that bad of a game, it was just two good defenses playing against each other. The Bills secondary is legit.

moontayle

Golden Squire
"The Jets and Bills, two AFC teams, played a game last night and yet somehow I'm making it about the Cowboys"

God damn Cowboys fans
Listen shitstain, I was comparing it to another game I watched this year, which has pretty much been limited to just the Cowboys games since I'm a fucking Cowboys fan. I'm sorry I didn't have another game of reference to pull out to avoid offending you.

It really wasn't that bad of a game, it was just two good defenses playing against each other. The Bills secondary is legit.
ThatI will agree with in context. I mean, they were going up against Fitzpatrick who kept throwing shit deep and missing by like 5 yards.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I agree with this, it wasn't that bad of a game. Buffalo with that win and McCoy finally getting healthy/going again in a wild card position. Should be an interesting battle down the stretch between Bills, Jets, Steelers, and Raiders (if you can believe that) for the 2 wild card spots.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree with this, it wasn't that bad of a game. Buffalo with that win and McCoy finally getting healthy/going again in a wild card position. Should be an interesting battle down the stretch between Bills, Jets, Steelers, and Raiders (if you can believe that) for the 2 wild card spots.
I'll have you know we are not yet mathematically eliminated. Wild card is all but ours after we go win the next seven or eight of our remaining games!

Merrith

I'll have you know we are not yet mathematically eliminated. Wild card is all but ours after we go win the next seven or eight of our remaining games!
Why would you want to go to Denver for Wild Card weekend? Rahim Moore signed with Houston this offseason.

You're better off getting a nice high pick for Ozzy to either draft a stud or trade down with and get some more depth. You'd rather be one and done?

moontayle

Golden Squire
I'm as guilty as anyone in holding to the "but we're not mathematically eliminated yet!" argument but several teams should just buck up and find out who's coming in the 2016 draft. Steelers are going to need to win more conference games to have a shot. Of the four Merrith listed they're the odd team out at 2-4.

Merrith

I'm as guilty as anyone in holding to the "but we're not mathematically eliminated yet!" argument but several teams should just buck up and find out who's coming in the 2016 draft. Steelers are going to need to win more conference games to have a shot. Of the four Merrith listed they're the odd team out at 2-4.
Steelers will have the head to head over the Raiders though if it comes to that. I would say though that neither the Bills or the Jets have that tough of a schedule down the stretch save for one more game each against the Pats.

Jets/Bills also rematch last week of the season. That could pretty much decide things (or seedings at the very least).

Bills 5-4: @Pats, @Chiefs, Texans, @Eagles, @Redskins, Cowboys, Jets
Jets 5-4: Texans, Dolphins, Giants, Titans, Cowboys, Pats, Bills
Steelers 5-4: Browns, @Seahawks, Colts, @Bengals, Broncos, @Ravens, @Browns
Raiders 4-4: Vikings, @Lions, @Titans, Chiefs, @Broncos, Packers, Chargers, @Chiefs

Definitely have to give the edge in easier schedules to Bills and Jets, although NFC East could factor in a lot for AFC Wild card. Steelers having to play Cincy and Denver back to back weeks followed by going to Baltimore (who you just know will end up sweeping them to fuck over their playoff chances, it's just the way this year will go). Raiders if they could somehow manage to beat the Vikings have 3 winnable games after that before they have to play Denver and GB back to back. Raiders conference games aside from Denver are all winnable though which could help their tiebreaker situation out.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do any of you cowboy fans actually live in Dallas? You should know the real dallas fans hate you...

NFL fines Panthers' Josh Norman for 'brave' cleat choice | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports

So many people have a problem with the NFL fining players for things like this. Whether its patriotic cleats, or some markings saying you support Breast Cancer Awareness etc...

At the end of the day, the NFL is right. If you give an inch, they'll take a mile. Either wear the fucking uniform you were provided, or take a fine.

The moment the NFL concedes to the player's uniform alteration choices is the moment we go back to the 80s/90s with Dion wearing gold chains and shit on the field.