NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The NFL is a bunch of self interested super rich assholes. Who cares what they approve of. That said Josh knew he would be fined so I could care less.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
NFL fines Panthers' Josh Norman for 'brave' cleat choice | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports

So many people have a problem with the NFL fining players for things like this. Whether its patriotic cleats, or some markings saying you support Breast Cancer Awareness etc...

At the end of the day, the NFL is right. If you give an inch, they'll take a mile. Either wear the fucking uniform you were provided, or take a fine.

The moment the NFL concedes to the player's uniform alteration choices is the moment we go back to the 80s/90s with Dionwearing gold chains and shit on the field.
Are you suggesting that players aren't wearing gold necklaces on the field today?

What is the deal with this perception about Cam Newton this year? The Panthers are 8-0 DESPITE this clown.

rrr_img_115745.png
rrr_img_115746.png

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Brian Hoyer #10 QB in the league! This could really turn it around for Houston.

It helps when you play half of your games in garbage time catch-up mode.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe add in his running stats then take another look?
This. The added 5 tds makes that stat line look a whole lot better. If his second half is as good as his first 8 games, that would be 38tds and 18 ints which would be very good.

I dont think people are really saying hes Joe Flacco elite, but a 2-1 turnover ration will lead his team to wins.

moontayle

Golden Squire
They're also scoring over a TD more per game than they allow their opponents, plus have the second best rushing attack in the league. Saints proved in 2009 if you have a good offense, all you really need is a defense that won't lose you the game (or will kill the other players for money). Cam isn't lighting it up but he's also not being a liability, obviously.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
NFL fines Panthers' Josh Norman for 'brave' cleat choice | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports

So many people have a problem with the NFL fining players for things like this. Whether its patriotic cleats, or some markings saying you support Breast Cancer Awareness etc...

At the end of the day, the NFL is right. If you give an inch, they'll take a mile. Either wear the fucking uniform you were provided, or take a fine.

The moment the NFL concedes to the player's uniform alteration choices is the moment we go back to the 80s/90s with Dion wearing gold chains and shit on the field.
And? What was so bad about the 80's with McMahon wearing crazy shit on the sidelines? (I don't even remember Dion wearing anything out of the ordinary, so I'm guessing JM was a worse offender). I'd rather see them crack down on the long hair covering the number than worry about shit like this.

Do you think it was horrible because the pats were a joke back then?

Do you think it was horrible because the pats were a joke back then?
i think attending almost half the superbowls since the millennium and winning a quarter of them has made up for whatever leftover disappointment pats fans felt

remember when your team was good though?

me neither. i was 10

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
i think attending almost half the superbowls since the millennium and winning a quarter of them has made up for whatever leftover disappointment pats fans felt

remember when your team was good though?

me neither. i was 10
Well that's what i woulda thought, but you have some irrational hatred for the 80's NFL that I'm just trying to figure out.

BTW, being 10 is no excuse, I remember what a joke the pats were even when I was 10. Didn't even realize they played football until 85, when the entire nation laughed and wondered how they got there while the bears roflestomped them.