NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Kaeperbro stats from last game:

Kaepernick had a better QB rating to AZ than SF.

submitted 5 hours ago * by netguy27

When throwing to SF:
9/19 for 67 yards, 0 TD and 4 int: 16.7 Passer Rating
When throwing to AZ:
4/19 for 71 yards, 2 TD and 9 INT: 38.2 Passer Rating

edit: this is passer rating not QBR

Kaepernick had a better QB rating to AZ than SF. : nfl
I (thankfully) didn't get a chance to watch the game, but based on what I've seen from highlights/analysis it sounded like he reverted back to a lot of the bad habits that were getting him in trouble, and it sounds like what triggered him is that the only chance he has of not getting killed back there is if he can convince the other teams D-line to count to 5-Mississippi before rushing, because the Niners o-line might as well not be there for all they are blocking.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My buddy was pissed moving from Ohio to Washington because it is illegal to use those daily fantasy sites

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So frustrating. Seriously bring on Chase, he can't do worse.
The weird thing is that he seems capable enough. He's not a bomb thrower but in the second half he showed he could make the throws. Is it because he's too timid and afraid of making mistakes when the score is close?

Rhedd

Molten Core Raider
Alex has always been a game manager, and would rather go 3 and out than take a risk. He works as a quarterback as long as you have the lead.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I don't know. I really don't understand the play calling at all. 1st and 10, I wonder which Jamaal Charles is going to be running up the middle? I don't think Smith calls the plays, but I also don't see him looking downfield during any scramble, which he has to do often. His vision is suspect, especially compared to Rodgers.

I think Daniel would throw more INTs than Smith, but I also think he'd move the ball forward more efficiently. Who knows. Just another giant shit show year.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
KC fans all down after losses to Denver and Green Bay (at Lambeau too). Still a good team, just two really tough games back to back.

looks like Alex Smith has absolutely no timing down with his receivers. He's throwing to spots versus people seemingly, and it just doesn't fly unless the timing is there.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah KC is good, just not elite yet. There are plenty of teams in worse situations, tough O-lines take time to build and I am not sure Smith will be there long enough to get a good one in front of him.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Alex smith haters must have forgotten how much worse it can get. chiefs are a good team, just not one of the top 3, boohoo.

Tenks

Scrap what? The whole thing? Seems to me they just need a couple tweaks.
Smith is never going to get better so it doesn't matter what WRs you put on the team he is what he is. Charles is 28 so he's rapidly approaching the point of RBs fading into the ether. I don't know enough about their offensive line nor can I even judge if their WRs are actually abysmal or Smith is making them abysmal. So of their offensive skill positions two will need new bodies in the next few years and one is a complete unknown. Since Charles is the lynchpin of the offense that puts a time table on when this roster as it is has to compete. So yeah this is as good as they're going to be.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Smith is never going to get better so it doesn't matter what WRs you put on the team he is what he is. Charles is 28 so he's rapidly approaching the point of RBs fading into the ether. I don't know enough about their offensive line nor can I even judge if their WRs are actually abysmal or Smith is making them abysmal. So of their offensive skill positions two will need new bodies in the next few years and one is a complete unknown. Since Charles is the lynchpin of the offense that puts a time table on when this roster as it is has to compete. So yeah this is as good as they're going to be.
This guy is correct. They may cap out at a playoff win this year due to shitness of the AFC. Everybody looks beatable.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Maybe it's Andy Reid or the OCs play calling? He obviously can make the beautiful long pass as he did it last night. I don't know enough about the OC or Reid to know. Maybe they are trying to run their offense like the Bronco's.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
KC fans all down after losses to Denver and Green Bay (at Lambeau too). Still a good team, just two really tough games back to back.
And they're playing in Cincy on Sunday. If this week's performance was any indication, the Chiefs are likely looking at another loss. The lines on either side for the Chiefs won't compete with the Bengals. And AJ will slash them.

Hahaha I love this shit, for all the tards who treat PFF like its the fucking bible on performance.

That's right guys. Aaron Rodgers was worse this week than Blake Bortles, Nick Foles, and Jamesin Winston after throwing 5 tds and 0 ints.

Furor erupts over PFF's negative grade for Aaron Rodgers' 5-touchdown MNF performance | FOX Sports
I generally think positively of PFF. I don't think it's the end all be all or anything, but I've found them to be relatively accurate. This is WTF though. I wonder what components of their algorithm caused the negative score.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hahaha I love this shit, for all the tards who treat PFF like its the fucking bible on performance.

That's right guys. Aaron Rodgers was worse this week than Blake Bortles, Nick Foles, and Jamesin Winston after throwing 5 tds and 0 ints.

Furor erupts over PFF's negative grade for Aaron Rodgers' 5-touchdown MNF performance | FOX Sports
Their explanation is kind of retarded too. Yeah, he had a fumble where he wasn't aware of the pressure, but that ignores the numerous times he was aware and used his feet to get out of the pocket and make plays. Also that "almost pick" play would have been a pretty ridiculous one handed grab, by a LB no less. I doubt he would have scored either even if he had come up with it. Even so, 1 pick vs. 5 TD's is laughable to give so much weight to the one play. How does Dalton escape the same rating drop over an extremely terrible pick in the end zone which was a horrible throw, and took points off the board?

Tenks

The QB numbers also seem completely meaningless since they even acknowledge they can't and don't grade QB's on anything pre-snap. So because Rogers puts himself in the position to make an easy throw by reading the defense and throwing to the soft spot by a pre-snap read that grades lower than if someone didn't see that and fit the ball into tight coverage.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Just saw this posted on another forum. Holy shit, Rodgers.

He's the red dot. Tied for 25th in TD passes. Tied for 205th in INTs.

rrr_img_111260.png

Tenks

I'm somewhat confused what I'm looking at here. Is the graph highlighting his TD:INT ratio?