NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What I want is the guy who's been the unequivocal leader of the team for the last decade, the one who can read a defense from the sideline, out there playing and leading this team to the promised land. But sure, let's go with "momentum" as a reason to make Romo backup.

In the end I trust the coaches but please don't pretend you lose something if Romo plays over Dak.

Dak's accuracy was pretty bad and he once again wasn't seeing open receivers. There were even a lot of completions he put in bad spots which killed any chance for YAC.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Cowboys fans salty over the Cowboys having their best winning streak since 1977 because it's all been done with "the wrong QB". I don't have the words....

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Who's salty? We're just looking ahead to the playoffs already which we haven't been able to do this early since '07

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Who's salty? We're just looking ahead to the playoffs already which we haven't been able to do this early since '07

And if the Cowboys win a single play-off game this year with Prescott, they will have as many playoff victories with him as the Cowboys have had with Tony Romo over Romo's ENTIRE CAREER.

Prescott has 2 interceptions over 9 games. Here's how many games it has taken Romo to reach 2 interceptions in every year he has began the season as the starter:

2007: 3
2008: 2
2009: 2
2010: 2 (Started year and got hurt halfway through)
2011: 3
2012: 2
2013: 5
2014: 1 (The year of unparalleled greatness and the year talked about when wanting Romo to take over this year)
2015: 1 (Started year and got hurt in week 3)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So did anyone else not completely think Seattle got away with another one with the non PI call on 4th and goal last night? Gronk looking back for the ball, wasn't the one to look for/initiate contact, gets hauled down. Nothing. As usual with Seattle's D. There's no unit more beloved by the refs right now.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

What I want is the guy who's been the unequivocal leader of the team for the last decade, the one who can read a defense from the sideline, out there playing and leading this team to the promised land. But sure, let's go with "momentum" as a reason to make Romo backup.

In the end I trust the coaches but please don't pretend you lose something if Romo plays over Dak.

You lose something, and I sincerely hope you guys do put Romo in and fuck up the whole season. It would be glorious.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Meh, probably a PI in the second quarter, I thought NE got hit with a ticky tack one on a good play by Coleman, and thought Seattle got away with at least 2 on Edelman.

Really they should have not dicked around with the clock on 1st and goal from the 4, and just punched it in. Also, Edelman needs to not fumble.

But as a whole Seattle does get away with more than other teams and in general this year the officiating has sucked.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seattle pushes the limit when it comes to PI late in games. Its part of their defensive identity. Its encouraged by the coaching staff.

They have been doing it for years. They hedge their bet that the refs will swallow their whistles in such late stages of a game, or when the stakes are high. Its pretty sad actually, because it has influenced many a game.

But thats what happens when you throw consistency out the window. They need to be willing to call a penalty on the last play of the Super Bowl, if its warranted. Patriots kind of got jobbed. Wasnt the only reason they lost, edleman fumbling comes to mind, but it was pretty decisive.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Pats' secondary was abysmal tonight too (9 man in coverage and still Baldwin gets open?). Really need to fix that before the play-offs or we're not going to win the big one.

Merrith

Yeah obviously the turnovers were big, that fumble was killer. OT would have been fun to see. Find it hilarious Carroll went for 2 to try to go up 9. 2 point conversions were not a good decision yesterday.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I agree that the officiated has been horrible this year but Gronk didn't get robbed and neither did the Pats. They had that TD in the bag. So many chances. They screwed up and Gronk initiated the contact. He pushed the guy over but definitely he was wronged...lol. Of course, I'd be upset too if Wilson's coming out party from injury was on my overrated defense. The refs are unusually quiet in Seattle every game. That should be the standard, though, not the shit I've seen every week in multiple games.

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The refs are usually quiet in Seattle games? The NFL loves our defense? Seattle is one of the most penalized teams in the league and have been since Pete started as head coach.

Just stop. Do we push the limit? Absolutely. But to say the OFFENSE titled league loves a defense titled team is pants on head retarded.

Merrith

You can be one of the most penalized teams in the league and still get the benefit of the doubt on big calls in the big moments. They get away with more precisely because they always push the limit. That's also why they get called more, but because they do so much even doing a little less the refs give them some leeway.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
refs have been garbage this year. No consistency and have missed some really obvious shit. They were awful during the eagles game yesterday. That helmet to helmet hit on Matthews was blatant.

• 1Cutler

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
You can be one of the most penalized teams in the league and still get the benefit of the doubt on big calls in the big moments. They get away with more precisely because they always push the limit. That's also why they get called more, but because they do so much even doing a little less the refs give them some leeway.

Ding, ding, ding, someone got it. I think defenses should get more leeway but Seattle gets more especially AT HOME.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Sounds like Robert Quinn had a couple seizures after the game last night. He's had a benign brain tumor since college or whatever. Feels bad man. Hope he pulls through ok, but his football career could be over just like that.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So did anyone else not completely think Seattle got away with another one with the non PI call on 4th and goal last night? Gronk looking back for the ball, wasn't the one to look for/initiate contact, gets hauled down. Nothing. As usual with Seattle's D. There's no unit more beloved by the refs right now.
I didn't watch the game, but it's the same story as the rest of the year. Inconsistent refs. I think it'll be the thing which starts the actual downfall of the NFL.

Which is incredibly sad that in a league that makes so much fucking money that they can't hire full time refs. I mean holy shit, "how is this still a thing?"