NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Rude

Potato del Grande
lol at faggots like Ambi crying for Romo already. It's going to be hilarious if he ends up behind center to play a game before post season and gets another back injury. Then you'll be whining about how he was put in and consequently any trade value he has was destroyed.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

moontayle

Golden Squire
lol at faggots like Ambi crying for Romo already. It's going to be hilarious if he ends up behind center to play a game before post season and gets another back injury. Then you'll be whining about how he was put in and consequently any trade value he has was destroyed.
There's a fair number of us who've maintained the thought that once Romo was healthy, he should have gone in as starter. Doesn't matter how many games Dak has won, Romo was and is the best QB on the roster. "Saving him" for some theoretical offseason trade is fucking stupid, and you're fucking stupid if you believe that.

• 1Cutler

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
There's a fair number of us who've maintained the thought that once Romo was healthy, he should have gone in as starter. Doesn't matter how many games Dak has won, Romo was and is the best QB on the roster. "Saving him" for some theoretical offseason trade is fucking stupid, and you're fucking stupid if you believe that.

Please god make Romo the starter again. Please. That way we can eliminate the Cowboys from Super Bowl contention. Because you won't win with him, much less even get there.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Please god make Romo the starter again. Please. That way we can eliminate the Cowboys from Super Bowl contention. Because you won't win with him, much less even get there.

But bro - if Romo had played all 13 games this season they'd be 13-0!!1111

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
NFL tracking glove changes now?

Aaw9jap.jpg

moontayle

Golden Squire
Amazing. I'll put it to you this way. Dak isn't going to get this team to the promised land this year. The last two weeks might as well have been previews to the postseason, and except for two plays, two, he has shown he isn't where he needs to be to face off against a playoff caliber defense. There's a reason a rookie QB has yet to win a Super Bowl, and you're looking at it.

The coaching staff's stubbornness of not "rocking the boat" is going to see them exit in the divisional round... again. I'm sure that'll make a lot of people happy but as a fan it's going to be frustrating as hell.

• 1Solidarity

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Amazing. I'll put it to you this way. Dak isn't going to get this team to the promised land this year. The last two weeks might as well have been previews to the postseason, and except for two plays, two, he has shown he isn't where he needs to be to face off against a playoff caliber defense. There's a reason a rookie QB has yet to win a Super Bowl, and you're looking at it.

The coaching staff's stubbornness of not "rocking the boat" is going to see them exit in the divisional round... again. I'm sure that'll make a lot of people happy but as a fan it's going to be frustrating as hell.

I understand what you are saying but what i am saying is that he has a better shot at it than Romo does. Here's the thing. Dak isn't superman and I don't think of him as one. I will tell you this though as a fan of one of your main NFC opponents(even after that egg we laid last night in Green Bay) I am much more scared of a Dak led Cowboys than I am a Romo led Cowboys. Romo isn't a winner despite whatever stat you might throw at me. Dak is and his team believes he is(this is probably way more important than anything else).

Kaines

Potato Supreme

Please tell everyone how often Romo has gotten past the Divisional round of the playoffs and remind of us all of how he has taken this team "to the promised land" so many times.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Please tell everyone how often Romo has gotten past the Divisional round of the playoffs and remind of us all of how he has taken this team "to the promised land" so many times.
He did his part in 2014 but that loser Bryant can't make a catch.

• 1Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think a problem Romo would have, even with his experience, is a lack of reps. Dak has been and is getting ALL of the reps. I don't care how good you think Romo is, unless you make that change now and give him a few weeks of pre playoffs reps and game time, he would be behind the 8 ball.

So that would be a decision the organization would have to think very hard about.

moontayle

Golden Squire
He did his part in 2014 but that loser Bryant can't make a catch.
That and Murray's fumble. Romo balled out in that game. His defense and the other playmakers ruined what was his best performance ever.

I think a problem Romo would have, even with his experience, is a lack of reps. Dak has been and is getting ALL of the reps. I don't care how good you think Romo is, unless you make that change now and give him a few weeks of pre playoffs reps and game time, he would be behind the 8 ball.

So that would be a decision the organization would have to think very hard about.

Somewhat agree. Game reps are different than practice reps. However, most reports state that Romo is still getting the tail end of first team reps (about a quarter of the total), and is running the scout team for the defense. Given that the offense runs through Zeke, I don't see Romo needing much to get going.

Moot point though, the coaches are going to ride out the Dak train.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That and Murray's fumble. Romo balled out in that game. His defense and the other playmakers ruined what was his best performance ever.

Imagine the wailing and nashing of teeth if something similar happened with Dak and Zeke. It would be glorious.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

There was another team playing that day as well that spoiled it, the team that should have gone on to win the NFC Championship game, as well. Obviously the Dez catch/drop was a big moment, but it was a pretty good game in general.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Two garbage games in a row for Dak.
NY defense balled out, especially the secondary. Just looked like a completely different team from the one that had a competitive game versus Cleveland and let Rapelisburger... well, rape them. This is why you really can't look at a division game beforehand and get a good sense of how things are going to go. Especially in the NFCE. Plus, I'm not sure exactly what the gameplan was. It sure as hell didn't resemble the one that got them this far. Shame too because that was the best Dallas defensive performance all season.

• 1Like