NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
well the pats got hogan from the bills- he is supposed to be good and had been good so far.
the other WR is a rookie and he has been good as well despite missing about half of preseason with the elbow problem (REALLY bad dislocation, luckily, it was ONLY that,)

and if brisset OR JimmyG cannot go, "starting qb for the new england patriots...Julian Edelman.....(seriously) he was a QB in college and is the emergency "4th" string all the time.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I have Edelman in fantasy and if he is qb next week i'm playing him for sure (sat him this week expecting a run heavy game, hopefully TY Hilton puts up more than the 5 pts I would've gotten).

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did you even watch the game?

I never watch football.

Are you telling me their tackling was solid? Or that they did indeed maintain gap integrity and were flawless in outside contain? I postulated that the defense was ill prepared for a mobile, athletic qb, could not match up with a short game, and didn't tackle worth a lick when they actually had a chance. They played poorly and were completely out coached defensively. I'm not even getting into the offense/speshul teams issues.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I never watch football.

Are you telling me their tackling was solid? Or that they did indeed maintain gap integrity and were flawless in outside contain? I postulated that the defense was ill prepared for a mobile, athletic qb, could not match up with a short game, and didn't tackle worth a lick when they actually had a chance. They played poorly and were completely out coached defensively. I'm not even getting into the offense/speshul teams issues.

Didn't realize they had to be "flawless" and hold the opposing qb to 0 total yards. On Earth, if you can hold someone to 150 total (combined rushing and passing) yards on 50% completions then you did amazingly well.

Acting like he lit up the Texans D is ridiculous. The Texans offense is what killed them.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Didn't Texans also fumble 2 kick returns that Pats turned into 14 points on short fields too?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ambi just trying to find any way he can to downplay the Patriots. "No guys, the Patriots actually suck but the Texans offense cost them the game... If the Texans offense played better it would've been a 27-0 shutout the other way!"

What'd Blount have, 24 rushes for 100+ yards and 2 tds or so? That Texans defense was ROCK SOLID baby!

Just looked at the lines, every single rusher on the Patriots team (6 people had at least one rush) was 4+ ypc.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Didn't Texans also fumble 2 kick returns that Pats turned into 14 points on short fields too?

Multiple fumbles, an INT, and several failed 4th down conversions gave Pats short fields all night. All the credit should go to the Pats defense and all the blame should be on the Titans offense/special teams. Pats did rush for 185 yards which is good, but everyone who says Brissett came in and dominated sound completely retarded

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Multiple fumbles, an INT, and several failed 4th down conversions gave Pats short fields all night. All the credit should go to the Pats defense and all the blame should be on the Titans offense/special teams. Pats did rush for 185 yards which is good, but everyone who says Brissett came in and dominated sound completely retarded
Damn, Titans can't catch a break, can they?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
And Ambi is asking other people if they even watched the game, lol.

Also, I don't recall seeing a single person say that Brissett dominated the game so i'm not sure where you're getting that from...

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Meth heads in my NFL thread? It's more likely than you think.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Also, I don't recall seeing a single person say that Brissett dominated the game so i'm not sure where you're getting that from...

I thought it was interesting watching the Texans get exploited so badly. It was like they did no research on their opponent. They got blown up by what looked essentially like an SEC offensive scheme, because they prepared for a Tom Brady dropback style QB.

I postulated that the defense was ill prepared for a mobile, athletic qb, could not match up with a short game

It's bad enough you don't even watch the games, you don't even read posts you're responding to.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire

He is a third string QB that no one ever expected to hit the field and played well enough that the Texans D line couldn't stop NE and what should of been a one dimensional offense vs an excellent D line. He managed the game very well and was competent enough to keep the defense honest.

We don't have to compare him to Payton Manning or anything. Considering the kid likely will not be on the football field in a few years, is a rookie, had a short week and was thrown into this he played very well. I doubt many other teams could sub their third string QB in and have any success what so ever.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not sure why people think I'm talking shit about the Pats, just saying their passing was game was pretty poor against the Texans.

Their defense was outstanding and if they keep that up they'll be scary good when Brady comes back.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
He is a third string QB that no one ever expected to hit the field and played well enough that the Texans D line couldn't stop NE and what should of been a one dimensional offense vs an excellent D line. He managed the game very well and was competent enough to keep the defense honest.

We don't have to compare him to Payton Manning or anything. Considering the kid likely will not be on the football field in a few years, is a rookie, had a short week and was thrown into this he played very well. I doubt many other teams could sub their third string QB in and have any success what so ever.
Browns gonna prove you soo wrong tomorrow!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's so boring that the pats have been good for the last 20 years.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's bad enough you don't even watch the games, you don't even read posts you're responding to.

Which of those quotes say Brissett picked them apart through the air? The one calling him a mobile quarterback? The one calling the pats offensive style similar to the SEC?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I doubt many other teams could sub their third string QB in and have any success what so ever.

Not to completely defend Ambi here, but I'm going to guess any team that holds their opponent to 0 points is going to have pretty good success no matter who's at QB. They're not wrong about getting short fields all night either, None of the Pats' TD drives were over 50 yards, and 2 of them were barely over 20. Ironically their two long drives of the night both bogged down and turned into field goals.

Running game was strong, but their total yardage for the game about equal to what the 29th ranked offense in the league is putting up per game.

Pats' D was great, their O opportunistic. If Texans special teams don't cough it up twice, it would have been a much different (read: boring and low scoring) game.