NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Blitz up here using the eye test and talking about the fucking past like it has any relevance to the present.

Goff = Tom Brady, confirmed.

Don't even lie, everyone knows Gurley is what makes that offense run. Just like Zeke & Dak last year.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Goff = Tom Brady, confirmed.

Don't even lie, everyone knows Gurley is what makes that offense run. Just like Zeke & Dak last year.
What's to lie about, the Rams receiving group and OL are both good. They work as a team. You guys had Zeke when the Rams played the Cowgirls in your house this year, remind me how that game ended.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No way I'm comparing this Eagles team to the Seahawks teams of a few years ago, or even the Falcons team last year. I 100% believe they are a paper Tiger as L Lenardo 's post points out. I love Wentz, which hurts me to say, but if they win the #1 seed, I believe they are one of the weaker ones from recent memory. I absolutely stand by the point that the Seahawks are a lesser team than they have been. They are 8-4, and that's very impressive considering the circumstances, but no way they aren't a weaker team. Sherman out for the year, offensive line still sucks, run game isn't there. Whole "Legion of Boom" is essentially dead. That Seattle team is not the same team.

If Rodgers makes it back, and Green Bay secures a spot, would anyone be terribly surprised to see him roll through the NFC playoffs?

I mean shit, the Eagles looked like shit on offense today. Shit, even against the rookie squad Cowboys defense, for a half they didn't do shit. Luckily for them the Cowboys' offense with that retard Jason Garrett & Linehan, and minus-Zeke is absolutely horrifically bad.

And any QB list without Rodgers, I just can't get behind. This years best NFC teams are going to field: Keenum, Goff, Wentz etc. C'mon. Brees will probably make it in, but he is definitely a complimentary piece now to that two-headed Kamara-Ingram monster. Ryan might make the postseason, he isn't exactly playing great. Not even close to last year. And Goff has played well, but he hasn't been asked to do much of anything. That offense is definitely Gurley's doing, similar to Dak last year.

Like I said, Rodgers might still get in. Wentz is playing a similar level to what Ryan did last year. How's Brees a complimentary piece when he's 3rd in the NFL in yards and #1 in completion %? You say the Eagles offense looked like shit today, but they missed a potential TD on a screen on 4th down, and fumbled the ball out of the end zone form inside the 5. Wentz still threw for over 300 today. Cowboys were lucky the Eagles' kicker missed a field goal and got hurt in that game, and they still ran it up on them. I'm sorry, they're just better than Dallas right now, I know it's tough to swallow but it's true.

I'd be surprised to see Rodgers roll through the playoffs, if only because McCarthy would blow it somehow.

Goff not asked to do much, but he's 6th in the league in passing yards, and 3rd in yards/attempt (Brees 4th btw).

I can agree Seattle is banged up and not as good as they were in '14 in general, but I think Wilson is a better QB now by leaps and bounds than he was then.

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Are you guys seriously willing to bet that Goff is going to be a big-time QB going forward? Guy undoubtedly benefits from a great team around him.

McVay is the MVP, Goff is along for the ride.

What's to lie about, the Rams receiving group and OL are both good. They work as a team. You guys had Zeke when the Rams played the Cowgirls in your house this year, remind me how that game ended.

Huh? I never once said anything about the Rams being worse than the Cowboys or whatever. I mentioned one time that I felt Goff benefits majorly from his really solid team around him. I wasn't shitting on the Rams lol. Give it a year, the Seahawks will run that division again.

Congratulations, your team is finally good for once. "Good" not great. God forbid someone mention that they might not win the Super Bowl.

Merrith

If Dallas goes into that game with Zeke, and they need one win for that playoff birth, week 17 against the Sheagles. That team is getting shit on, whether they rest their players or not.

Blitz you know I love you, going back to "run a button hook" as you offtanked Chromaggus...but you're just letting your Cowboy homerism run wild here. The Eagles have been great.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Blitz you know I love you, going back to "run a button hook" as you offtanked Chromaggus...but you're just letting your Cowboy homerism run wild here. The Eagles have been great.

I mean the Eagles have definitely done well this year, but I'd much rather let my money ride on the Vikings or Rams in the postseason. I still think they are a few pieces away.

Merrith

Are you guys seriously willing to bet that Goff is going to be a big-time QB going forward? Guy undoubtedly benefits from a great team around him.

McVay is the MVP, Goff is along for the ride.

No one is selling McVay short at all. Gurley was there last year too, though. I'm not sure I'm sold on Goff being "big time" QB. But a lot of people who thought that draft with the QB's were a bust last year look pretty silly now. I think Goff is easily top half of the league going forward as a starter, and frankly this year might be pushing top 10 so far.

Merrith

I mean the Eagles have definitely done well this year, but I'd much rather let my money ride on the Vikings or Rams in the postseason. I still think they are a few pieces away.

See my money is more on the Saints or Seattle, just because their QB's have experience, and so do their head coaches. Keenum has been good, but I'm not sure he can win a pure QB duel despite looking good against the other likely guys of late. Playoffs are just different. Eagles/Rams might need to lose once in the playoffs this year before they're "ready" to win, so to speak. But who knows, I think the NFC is strong as fuck, and literally if you were ranking teams in the NFL, you might get to #9 or #10 before you listed a 3rd team from the AFC.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
See my money is more on the Saints or Seattle, just because their QB's have experience, and so do their head coaches. Keenum has been good, but I'm not sure he can win a pure QB duel despite looking good against the other likely guys of late. Playoffs are just different. Eagles/Rams might need to lose once in the playoffs this year before they're "ready" to win, so to speak. But who knows, I think the NFC is strong as fuck, and literally if you were ranking teams in the NFL, you might get to #9 or #10 before you listed a 3rd team from the AFC.

That's fair. I'd favor other teams as well. I think the Vikings defense, and receiving core is so good it could allow them to "hide" Keenum if need be, or at least not need him to play extremely well. Goff has the benefit of sharing the load with Gurley if need be. Aligning with a potential Rodgers, Brees, Wilson ran team is usually a much safer route than the alternative. QB play is so important, and those guys have been there numerous times. As much as I love the 'Boys, I knew losing last year was very likely with a very young QB, and dumbass for a head coach.

No team really jumps out, at least in the NFC. Everyone is too close together. So in that sense, sure the NFC is very strong and appears pretty even (regardless of my feelings that no one team is a "great" team). Unlike the AFC. Those fuckers.

Merrith

That's fair. I'd favor other teams as well. I think the Vikings defense, and receiving core is so good it could allow them to "hide" Keenum if need be, or at least not need him to play extremely well. Goff has the benefit of sharing the load with Gurley if need be. Aligning with a potential Rodgers, Brees, Wilson ran team is very safe and usually a much safer route than the alternative. QB play is so important, and those guys have been there numerous times. As much as I love the 'Boys, I knew losing last year was very likely with a very young QB, and dumbass for a head coach.

Thielen has had a breakout season for sure, Diggs seems to go up and down though depending on match ups and if he's dinged up a little. Definite potential to catch 10 balls for 100+ some games, but can be pretty quiet at times, too. Goff does have Gurley, but Vikes have had some good running with Cook early in the year, and now using McKinnon and Murray. Goff has done a lot more through the air than people realize. I do think McVay is heavily responsible for that, but that team in general just looks 10 times better with Fisher gone.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I do think McVay is heavily responsible for that, but that team in general just looks 10 times better with Fisher gone.

During the Rams-Cowboys game earlier in the year, all I could think about is how great it would be to have McVay coaching the Cowboys. Garrett gets paid $6 million a year to be a professional clapper on the sidelines.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Not sure what Goff is going to have to do. 3k yards in 12 games, 18 tds, 5 ints, high yards per attempt and a 9-3 record. His first year was a shit show because Jeff Fisher is fucking handicapped when it comes to offensive football and he was a rookie thrown into a shit situation.

Yeah I'd also tend to favor veteran QB's in the playoffs but new guys come along all the time. Making the playoffs in the NFC at this point isn't even a lock the conference is that loaded and even if/when we get there we're going to get a quality playoff tested opponent in the 1st round.

And basically no duh coaching is important in the NFL. McVay should get a shit ton of credit not for being some genius head coach but for not allowing his ego to get in the way of putting together an amazing coaching staff. Keeping Bones on Special Teams, going out and getting Wade Phillips, Matt LaFleur, Aaron Kromer, etc. Maybe Fisher would still have a job if he hadn't kept giving the offense over to retards.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

During the Rams-Cowboys game earlier in the year, all I could think about is how great it would be to have McVay coaching the Cowboys. Garrett gets paid $6 million a year to be a professional clapper on the sidelines.

Believe me, I really wonder what the Redskins would be like if we somehow got rid of Gruden and handed McVay the reins.

Merrith

Also fuck Diggs for shitting up my fantasy season. Another 5 point game today.

Diggs is basically TY Hilton light. Speaking of, fuck Hilton for that 40 yard TD and change on my bench against the worst match up he could possibly have while putting up like 2.5 last week against the Titans.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I don't hate Goff as a player or anything, I just said I'd favor other QB's from past postseason groupings over, what may be this years NFC group. I guess we'll see how well he does with an off-season in between him and McVay, and opposing teams having time to study.

Yeah luckily I sat Diggs today, but played Thielen. I also sat Hilton, yet he scores against the Jacksonville secondary. It's all good if Brown plays tomorrow night.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Believe me, I really wonder what the Redskins would be like if we somehow got rid of Gruden and handed McVay the reins.
Can't do much with the injuries you've dealt with. That Redskins/Rams game this season was one of the few games I thought McVay was outcoached.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
In my opinion coaching is pretty much the most important aspect in football. Teach the players the right way and plan correctly=success

Rams last year, Rams this year. about the same personnel, way different results. That is coaching.

The patriots year in year out....players come and go, yet at the end of the season, in playoffs & a winning record..year after year after year. That is coaching the right way.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Rams definitely upgraded their personnel on offense. Whitworth, Woods, Watkins , Kupp, Sullivan, Everett.

That said it is pretty obvious McVay came in and knew what needed to be done to upgrade the offense so I'd say that's still an important part of coaching.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
In my opinion coaching is pretty much the most important aspect in football. Teach the players the right way and plan correctly=success

Rams last year, Rams this year. about the same personnel, way different results. That is coaching.

The patriots year in year out....players come and go, yet at the end of the season, in playoffs & a winning record..year after year after year. That is coaching the right way.

It's what makes hypothesizing the greatest players of all-time in regards to football, so damn hard.