NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
In my opinion coaching is pretty much the most important aspect in football. Teach the players the right way and plan correctly=success

Rams last year, Rams this year. about the same personnel, way different results. That is coaching.

The patriots year in year out....players come and go, yet at the end of the season, in playoffs & a winning record..year after year after year. That is coaching the right way.

There are also QBs on both of those teams. Both teams look wildy different with Geno Smith at QB.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Not sure what Goff is going to have to do. 3k yards in 12 games, 18 tds, 5 ints, high yards per attempt and a 9-3 record. His first year was a shit show because Jeff Fisher is fucking handicapped when it comes to offensive football and he was a rookie thrown into a shit situation.

Yeah I'd also tend to favor veteran QB's in the playoffs but new guys come along all the time. Making the playoffs in the NFC at this point isn't even a lock the conference is that loaded and even if/when we get there we're going to get a quality playoff tested opponent in the 1st round.

And basically no duh coaching is important in the NFL. McVay should get a shit ton of credit not for being some genius head coach but for not allowing his ego to get in the way of putting together an amazing coaching staff. Keeping Bones on Special Teams, going out and getting Wade Phillips, Matt LaFleur, Aaron Kromer, etc. Maybe Fisher would still have a job if he hadn't kept giving the offense over to retards.

Get used to it my friend. No matter how great he ends up, if he does, the press will always say things like 'He had Todd Gurley' or 'He had a great defense, he didn't have to win games by himself'.... trust me. I know the feels.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So much Eagles hate here. Soft schedule, or not, they've played great all year. Their 2 losses were not blowouts at all. Chiefs game came down to the wire, and the Seahawks was incredibly sloppy, particularly by the defense. Wilson is incredible. Any other quarterback gets sacked like 15x last night. Eagles D penetrated so many times last night, Seahawks only win because of Wilson's legs.

Also big penalties on D last night, 10 more yards given in penalties over their average this season.

And Wentz still looked great other than 2 plays: High pass over Agholor & ball stripped.

Last night's game was close, Seahawks took advantage of the very few mistakes Eagles made and pull it out. All 3 Seahawk TDs are off major penalties or by Eagles not challenging the forward pass by Wilson (maybe not overturned).

So yea, soft schedule or not, Eagles are still a very impressive team and probably better they lose this one as a wakeup call and make sure the remaining season is still must-wins so that this young team doesn't get too complacent going into playoffs.

I'm most worried about the Saints team, I think any other team until SB is very beatable for the Eagles.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
So much Eagles hate here. Soft schedule, or not, they've played great all year. Their 2 losses were not blowouts at all. Chiefs game came down to the wire, and the Seahawks was incredibly sloppy, particularly by the defense. Wilson is incredible. Any other quarterback gets sacked like 15x last night. Eagles D penetrated so many times last night, Seahawks only win because of Wilson's legs.

Only by a Cowboys fan.. and we know Cowboys fans are idiots.

Oh yeah... where is Jooka? I was looking forward to him posting hilariously dumb shit last night.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Wilson is incredible. Any other quarterback gets sacked like 15x last night.

This is why I was so frustrated last week. I think without Wilson these Seahawks are a 3-4 win team. A positive outcome on a play which starts with 2 defenders in the backfield 0.2 second's after the snap is not how football is supposed to work.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Tyrod Taylor had his 2nd game of the year where he threw for less than 70 yards through 3+ Quarters.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Wilson really is something special. Because it isn't just his mobility and his ability to get away from a sack, it is the fact that he is also incredibly accurate with his throws and reads the field well. In my mind he is the pretty clear MVP right now. Without him the Seahawks only have 2-3 wins.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm telling you guys - it's the same with the Steelers. Even with Bell and Brown, that offense is kinda shitty without Big Ben. Look at Brown's numbers when it's not Ben throwing the ball. They aren't good. At all. Like averaging 50 yards and 0 TDs per game bad. It's Ben's ability to just never get sacked and keep a play alive long enough for him to get open downfield. Elusive QBs like that are so frustrating to watch.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I hate the Patriots but where is all this talk of other great teams in the past suddenly? I don't understand shitting on the new hot NFC teams like the Rams and Philly when there hasn't been any dynasties over there. Three great seasons for Seattle...wow. GB getting close but no cigar all the time. Giants have the best case for it and are utter shit this year. The only dynasty resides in Foxboro. Lotta new rich(or not rich in decades) trying to shit on the up and comers in here.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Merrith Merrith Love ya man but you really need a "talking about my fantasy league" intervention.

Fantasy_large.jpg

clfb1.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Dan Patrick show saying McAdoo key card is no longer working. Wonder if more will follow.

EDIT Reese is out as well

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was out yesterday, but Gronk is a fucking faggot. Lost all respect for that dude. Should be fined and suspended..

Hitting a downed player super late, to the head, and putting them in concussion protocol? Just because he picked off Brady?? Imagine the Pats fans (a bunch of which are acting like this is no big deal) reaction if someone had done the EXACT same thing to Brady

• 9Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 10 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Dan Patrick show saying McAdoo key card is no longer working. Wonder if more will follow.

EDIT Reese is out as well

That's fucking hilarious if that's how they did it. Really, locking him out of the building instead of sitting him down? Also, fuck the owners for being a dumbfuck and letting it play out this way. It will be really retarded when Manning starts next game.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I was out yesterday, but Gronk is a fucking faggot. Lost all respect for that dude. Should be fined and suspended..

Hitting a downed player super late, to the head, and putting them in concussion protocol? Just because he picked off Brady?? Imagine the Pats fans (a bunch of which are acting like this is no big deal) reaction if someone had done the EXACT same thing to Brady

Yeah that was ridiculous. Piece of garbage should be suspended for the rest of the season. I get he was frustrated for lack of interference calls, and rightfully so, but this takes it way overboard. One could end a fucking career pulling off that shit. Not only should the NFL suspend him for 6 games, Belichick should sit him as well.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I AM Hoping for a fine only for gronk. but at most i am thinking 1 game if he is suspended(hope for best). he has been a clean player for the vast majority of his career. first offense.

i can see his fustration from the last game - a phantom PI call against him then- by my count just watching the game- 4 or 5 pi/holding calls that were not called (sure he caught the ball but still) on the player covering him at the time.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The McAdoo story is hilarious if that's how he found out.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, given the way Burfict has been handled, I don't see more than 1-2 games for Gronk, if that. It was shitty, though.