NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
How the hell can you be #1 in run defense and 31st in everything else? Seems like the opposite of everything I know about the NFL.

Bad teams have their opponent pass all over them building up an insurmountable lead early. They then run the ball the rest of the game to run out the clock and dominate time of possession. But instead the Jets did the first part, but curb stomped the opposition's running game? How??????
Ever watched a Jets game? It's actually blatantly obvious how good that front 7 is and how fucking awful their offense is. The special teams is a surprise, but you're basically FORCED to throw against them and Revis is dogshit.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ever watched a Jets game? It's actually blatantly obvious how good that front 7 is and how fucking awful their offense is. The special teams is a surprise, but you're basically FORCED to throw against them and Revis is dogshit.
Fuck man, no...why would I subject myself to watching the Jets? I already barely watch the Redskins out of disgust.

Their front 7 must be iron men then. Their 31st ranked offense means that they're not sustaining drives. Which means the defense is always on the field. That's why I don't understand how you can still be the top ranked run defense. Those guys have to be gassed.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Fuck man, no...why would I subject myself to watching the Jets? I already barely watch the Redskins out of disgust.

Their front 7 must be iron men then. Their 31st ranked offense means that they're not sustaining drives. Which means the defense is always on the field. That's why I don't understand how you can still be the top ranked run defense. Those guys have to be gassed.

If you focus on defending the run and leave everything in man to man outside and your dbacks suck... it's pretty inevitable that you'd be great at stopping the run and horrible at stopping the pass and that more teams would pass than run. And if you're giving up big chunks in the air, the actual drives aren't going to be as long as if it was a grinding run drive, so they won't be too tired when it comes to stopping the run.

moontayle

Golden Squire

Oddly enough they were pretty split on offensive/defensive snaps at 1003/1000, and TOP was just under 30m.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I watched a few of the Jets games and teams would simply abandon the run in the 2nd quarter because they were just getting wrecked. Why run for 1.5 YPC when you can just throw it all over the yard because their corners either getting blown by or have PI on every play.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

I love that Revis milked the system for all he could and now that he sucks...you guys should show some loyalty!!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I love how these former Seahawks defensive coordinators are given these HC jobs. Just because you managed the most talented defense in the league for a couple years, doesn't make you a good coach.

2 of them? And thus far Dan Quinn is doing pretty well in Atlanta. Of course its his 2nd year but still.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Ameraves Ameraves explain Garropollo and Brisset
Care to expand upon what you would like me to explain?

2 of them? And thus far Dan Quinn is doing pretty well in Atlanta. Of course its his 2nd year but still.
Yes, 2 of them. And you are right, Quinn may end up being a good coach, time will tell. It wasn't like he was handed a shitty situation there in Atlanta, and they ended up a hot mess last year. While their offense is clearly on fire, their defense is pretty bad. We will see how he does the next couple of years.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Care to expand upon what you would like me to explain?

Yes, 2 of them. And you are right, Quinn may end up being a good coach, time will tell. It wasn't like he was handed a shitty situation there in Atlanta, and they ended up a hot mess last year. While their offense is clearly on fire, their defense is pretty bad. We will see how he does the next couple of years.

Yeah he did inherit a good offense. I am interested to see if he can build a defense similar to the one he had command of in Seattle.

Gus Bradley tried in Jacksonville but its really hard for a first time HC to build a team from the ground up like he had to. He got plenty of time/leeway there but in the end it may have been too many obstacles to over come for a first time HC. I don't know if he will get another HC job ever. He is however a helluva DC.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
To answer the titular question, Romo restructures and stays on with the cowboys as a backup for a couple years and retires with 3 SB rings.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Yeah he did inherit a good offense. I am interested to see if he can build a defense similar to the one he had command of in Seattle.

Gus Bradley tried in Jacksonville but its really hard for a first time HC to build a team from the ground up like he had to. He got plenty of time/leeway there but in the end it may have been too many obstacles to over come for a first time HC. I don't know if he will get another HC job ever. He is however a helluva DC.
Jacksonville wasn't that bad on defense though (13th DVOA). It was their offense that was putrid (27th).

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
To answer the titular question, Romo restructures and stays on with the cowboys as a backup for a couple years and retires with 3 SB rings.

You did make me laugh with the couple years and 3 rings. Classic Cowboys fan. Never change.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You did make me laugh with the couple years and 3 rings. Classic Cowboys fan. Never change.

Had to get my crazy ass prediction/wish in writing ASAP. If it does happen, I will come back and find this post and take a victory lap around the entire site.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Rengak Rengak , is it too much to ask for Smith, O'Brien and McNair to all be fired?

I hope O'Brien gets fired and the Chargers snatch him up. You want to dump a coach that took a team with no QB back to back to the playoffs and was smart enough to not want Osweiler? Well I would certainly take him off your hands sir.

• 1Like