NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's hilarious to me Eli wastes so much time with dumb sneak calls. He's terrible at them. Meanwhile when they just throw it up for Beckham he makes an incredible catch to make the scoreline look more respectable than it really was.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was down by 10 and had Julio and Engram vs guy who only had Shepard. Fuck

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Beckham dropped that 2 point conversion. He's played in few games that have mattered and had few chances for big moments. 90 million well spent. Lol

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, for as much shit as he has talked he sure hasn't played up to his contract.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Yea, for as much shit as he has talked he sure hasn't played up to his contract.

He'll never be able to play up to it with Eli at QB behind that O line. With Barkley getting shut down most of last night, their only O was the few times Eli managed to chuck it up to Beckham or Shepard. Giants' 2nd round pick, Hernandez? Fucking lost in pass protection.

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, Eli and the line sucks but.....you cant drop that 2 pt conversion that hit him in the chest. ODB has dropped a ton of passes.

His special teams gaffe getting hit with the punt vs Carolina gave the Panthers a touchdown, they lost by 2. He also had a touchdown in that game he dropped. Better be the man if youre getting paid like it.

• 2Like

Merrith

I don't think he's the problem at all. And all of the major weaknesses on offense hurt him, but despite that he's still putting up good numbers.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The little I've watched the Giants this year I'm starting to think Eli has lost his marbles. At first I thought it was the other players but he is consistently throwing the ball to the wrong location as if he's getting the plays confused or something.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I watched some of the game last night and I am not sure Eli is the problem. I am not saying he is good but he's probably not nearly as terrible as being made out to be. The line is a turnstile.

The trouble with Beckham is he has talked some smack in the past and is getting QB money. You better not cost your team games if you are a non QB making that kind of cash. If you think the QB is the problem perhaps you should have thought about that before paying him and drafting an RB .

The real problem with the Giants is the management. This team is a terrible dysfunctional train wreck and it didn't have to be.

Merrith

I just don't think Beckham has been the one costing them games, not in comparison to how bad the line has been, or Eli playing behind that line (slight nod to idea that he would be better behind a good O line).

As for the Apple trade...Saints a little all-in this year. They've already traded away their 1st, 3rd, and 4th round picks next year (along with a 7th).

Talking about the Giants management side...they've now gotten rid of their 1st round choices from 2015 and 2016 this year (Flowers and Apple).

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ODB jr muffed a punt in the endzone vs Carolina who pounced on it for a td which ended up costing them the game. How is that not costing them games? Giving away free touchdowns is the exact definition of that.

You dont make those kinds of mistakes for someone getting paid 18 million a year. Now if hes running his mouth and not dropping tons of passes or making those boneheaded plays then sure, but dont run your mouth to the media if you are constantly fucking up and dropping passes, muffing punts etc

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Merrith

ODB jr muffed a punt in the endzone vs Carolina who pounced on it for a td which ended up costing them the game. How is that not costing them games? Giving away free touchdowns is the exact definition of that.

You dont make those kinds of mistakes for someone getting paid 18 million a year. Now if hes running his mouth and not dropping tons of passes or making those boneheaded plays then sure, but dont run your mouth to the media if you are constantly fucking up and dropping passes, muffing punts etc

Guys muff punts, it happens. Yes, it was a big mistake, but that shit happened early in the 2nd quarter. All he did after that was throw (yes throw) a 57 yard TD to Barkely and catch another TD along with 131 total receiving yards for the game, turning what was a 14-3 deficit into a 31-30 lead with only 1:08 left. Predictably, Giants D allowed them to gain 30 yards in that minute and still took a 63 yard field goal to win the game for Carolina. Eli throwing picks on back to back 2nd half drives when they were only down 20-16 leading to 1 Carolina TD probably greater effect on the game overall.

As far as the running his mouth to the media stuff I agree 100%. But it's just laughable watching Eli burn 45-50 seconds of clock trying to sneak that in twice in a row, before throwing up a contested pass Beckham just snatches. That team is literally Barkley and OBJ right now.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Guys muff punts, it happens. Yes, it was a big mistake, but that shit happened early in the 2nd quarter. All he did after that was throw (yes throw) a 57 yard TD to Barkely and catch another TD along with 131 total receiving yards for the game, turning what was a 14-3 deficit into a 31-30 lead with only 1:08 left. Predictably, Giants D allowed them to gain 30 yards in that minute and still took a 63 yard field goal to win the game for Carolina. Eli throwing picks on back to back 2nd half drives when they were only down 20-16 leading to 1 Carolina TD probably greater effect on the game overall.

As far as the running his mouth to the media stuff I agree 100%. But it's just laughable watching Eli burn 45-50 seconds of clock trying to sneak that in twice in a row, before throwing up a contested pass Beckham just snatches. That team is literally Barkley and OBJ right now.
Probably why they are going no where. You aren't winning anything with an RB and WR only.

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
No one gives AJ shit and he's got Dalton throwing him the ball. Though I'd probably rather take Dalton than Eli these days.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Giants best hope right now is to keep losing. They can't trade Eli, he would never allow it to happen, if a team would even want him.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No one gives AJ shit and he's got Dalton throwing him the ball. Though I'd probably rather take Dalton than Eli these days.
This is not even a comparison, Eli is one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL now. That said, when you are hit in the mother fucking numbers (hi ODB jr) you should catch the ball. Maybe focus on catching normal passes over 1 handed ones idk