NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If chargers win and chiefs lose does that mean they swap places and chiefs go play a wildcard?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If chargers win and chiefs lose does that mean they swap places and chiefs go play a wildcard?

Given that they're both 11-4, yes if the Chargers win and the Chiefs lose, the Chargers win the division...Chiefs would then BECOME a wild card as the #5 seed.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Given that they're both 11-4, yes if the Chargers win and the Chiefs lose, the Chargers win the division...Chiefs would then BECOME a wild card as the #5 seed.

Sweet so either and I get my $400 playoff ticket back or I get drown myself in BBQ and booze to forget the loss I will witness.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
What reason is there to bring up the Pat's division if not to suggest that they don't deserve to get to the playoffs, or at least deserve it as much as you do? If the Pats are better than the Steelers, then it's safe to assume that they would be in the playoffs if they were in the Steelers division also.

Because I was responding to a Dolphins fan talking shit about the Steelers' struggles with the Patriots, despite the fact that the Dolphins routinely lose to them and have ceded the division to them for a decade. And no it fucking is NOT safe to assume that. The Ravens and Bengals are way better than any other team in the AFC East.

And now the Browns are too.

The Patriots specifically scheme and out coach the Steelers really well, although that is changing. The Steelers should have beaten them last year and they did beat them this year. The Ravens don't get tied in knots by Belichick like the Steelers do, and do you want to watch the Pats play Burfict twice a year? Gronk and Edelman not getting injured often enough for you?

By the way, I like the Pats.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
But it was shown that the Dolphins have a better record against the Patriots than the Steelers do. So by transitive property Dolphins > Steelers.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So Packers have interviewed Caldwell and Pagano now, wonder if either has a real shot.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Nature doing what the league should have done years ago.

• 2Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Burfict on that CTE train.

He will probably catch a domestic or get caught with a hooker and some modern chemistry next.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
So Packers have interviewed Caldwell and Pagano now, wonder if either has a real shot.

if Packers want a .500 coach they should go with the proven entity and hire Jeff Fisher. Pagano might die mid season and Caldwell was probably just to tick the box on the Rooney Rule

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I mean, I can't knock the comments made. Denver has the talent to be better, but between coaching and injuries, they have sucked this year.

they also have Keenum, you know the 36 million dollar QB who averages almost 1 INT per game this season and is just above 1 TD per game. I think that's money well spent. All praise Lord Elway.

• 1Picard

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I really don't think the Case Keenum deal was that terrible. Keenum was coming off a very good season. Previously, he was pretty mediocre. So, you're stuck between the two possibilities. $18 per year is low for a non-rookie starting QB. At two years, it effectively gave them at least a year to evaluate if he was the real deal. Then, if they wanted to move on but he wasn't absolutely terrible, they could draft a QB and have him learn behind Case for 1-16 games until they think he's ready.

The problem they might run into is getting a QB they genuinely like in this draft.

Would you rather have had Kirk Cousins for $27M a year for three years, all guaranteed?

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
18 million for a starting QB is pretty cheap. The QB they drafted recently have not been good.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
they also have Keenum, you know the 36 million dollar QB who averages almost 1 INT per game this season and is just above 1 TD per game. I think that's money well spent. All praise Lord Elway.

Calling someone a "36 million dollar QB" to make fun of their contract means you know nothing about the NFL or shitty contracts

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'd be putting a shit ton of the Broncos woes on Bill Musgrave, Vance Joseph, and Elway long before even mentioning Keenum.

• 2Truth!
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Keenum has not been awful this year. He was not as good as last year but he is hardly the main issue with the team. He clearly can play very well in a good situation. Bronco's just are not one.

• 2Like

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>

Besides what Chanur said above me, that is why I said coaching was an issue this year. If the coaches would have pulled their heads out of their asses and shaped their playcalling around Keenum's strengths rather than trying to make him a strict pocket passer, he may have played better like last season.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Been stuck working Sundays this season, but I have to exclaim how happy I am we are back to the good old days of limited juggernauts. (I believe) only 2 of the 12 playoff spots are locked going into tomorrow- Saints at #1 in NFC and Cowboys at #4 in NFC - and given how up and down everyone has been, I wouldn't be shocked if anyone loses their first playoff game (well, I'd be surprised if the Saints lost).

I gotta say, these playoffs are looking fascinating. Do I expect the Texans to win in the wildcard week, the Patriots to beat them in the divisional, the Patriots to beat the winner of Chiefs/Chargers in the AFC Championship after they bludgeon the hell out of each other, and then the Patriots get crushed by the Saints in the Super Bowl? Yep. But it should be a blast to watch.