NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Sweet, sweet music. On the Robinson news, he just wants to play for a real QB. Minshew has been extremely impressive and I was a fan in college. Guy put it together better than anyone I've seen in a while.

I saw stuff about the opening game having reduced numbers, but was surprised there was any real news about it. Literally the first time ever we've had football on at the same time as the NBA and NHL playoffs in history. Not sure how big of numbers all of those pull, but I'd bet the lack of a bigger dip probably means a higher total number of people are watching sports.

Merrith

As a Bears fan, I wouldn't pay ARob upwards of 20m a year. I really like him and he's been a trooper but I'm not a fan of paying that kind of dough to WR's. I also hate this pussy stuff about deleting shit off your social media, like you're a 15 year old girl.

I gotta be honest, on a real team with a good QB/offense? I think Robinson would basically be a Michael Thomas, maybe a slightly lesser version of him. No reason he couldn't catch 120-130 balls and 8-10 TD's for like 1300-1400 yards. You look at what he did last year with as bad of QB play as you can basically get and still had roughly 1,150 yards, close to 100 catches, and 6 or 7 TD's.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
LOL, is Lee ever healthy?

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
As a Bears fan, I wouldn't pay ARob upwards of 20m a year. I really like him and he's been a trooper but I'm not a fan of paying that kind of dough to WR's. I also hate this pussy stuff about deleting shit off your social media, like you're a 15 year old girl.
I gotta be honest, on a real team with a good QB/offense? I think Robinson would basically be a Michael Thomas, maybe a slightly lesser version of him. No reason he couldn't catch 120-130 balls and 8-10 TD's for like 1300-1400 yards. You look at what he did last year with as bad of QB play as you can basically get and still had roughly 1,150 yards, close to 100 catches, and 6 or 7 TD's.

I quoted you both cause you both make good points. A-Rob is great at contested catches. But he is acting like a little bitch.

It’s a cap issue. The bears are better off waiting to see what TrubiskyGoat does the next few games. At worst they pay one and franchise the other. If they pay both? Some dudes are getting cut.

Trading him would work but the Bears need at least a 2nd back which I don’t think they would get. More likely is a 4th and a conditional pick later.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was going to pick the 49ers to lose in Week 2, then i saw they play the jets....

Jets are by far the worst team in the league.

I'm not counting the Bengals out for a second consecutive first overall pick.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Merrith

I quoted you both cause you both make good points. A-Rob is great at contested catches. But he is acting like a little bitch.

It’s a cap issue. The bears are better off waiting to see what TrubiskyGoat does the next few games. At worst they pay one and franchise the other. If they pay both? Some dudes are getting cut.

Trading him would work but the Bears need at least a 2nd back which I don’t think they would get. More likely is a 4th and a conditional pick later.

If Robinson can be had for just a 4th and a conditional every team in the league should be calling.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I'm not counting the Bengals out for a second consecutive first overall pick.

Na, joe looks like the real deal. If you had a kicker and if A.J. Green knew the rules of football (hard to remember when you never play) The bungles would be undefeated so far in 2020.

I have them beating the browns tomorrow

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Na, joe looks like the real deal. If you had a kicker and if A.J. Green knew the rules of football (hard to remember when you never play) The bungles would be undefeated so far in 2020.

After seeing how Burrow performed in that 2 min drive, Zac Taylor definitely needs to allow Burrow to air it out more aggressively. The playcalling was way too conservative. Burrow obviously has skills. I was pleasantly surprised at how Burrow handled that drive and he looked so fucking bummed when Bullock missed that chipshot of a FG. Fuckin' Bengals bro. I just hope we don't crush his spirit.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>

Joe Burrow looked pretty lack luster most of the game. That last drive though showed the potential that the kid has. Andy Dalton would have choked in that situation. Cleveland is a much better team then San Diego is so I am not so sure about tomorrow.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
After seeing how Burrow performed in that 2 min drive, Zac Taylor definitely needs to allow Burrow to air it out more aggressively. The playcalling was way too conservative. Burrow obviously has skills. I was pleasantly surprised at how Burrow handled that drive and he looked so fucking bummed when Bullock missed that chipshot of a FG. Fuckin' Bengals bro. I just hope we don't crush his spirit.

Zac Taylor's playcalling and offensive scheme in general is terrible. The only touchdown we scored was when Joe Burrow called an audible and ran it in. Besides that he let Bobby Hart (the worst tackle in the NFL) on an island against Bosa who made Hart look like a turnstyle. They need to address this O-Line before we ruin Burrow.

4f7mdh.jpg

• 2Worf

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
If Robinson can be had for just a 4th and a conditional every team in the league should be calling.
If he gets traded for a 4th, Pace should get taken outside and shot. Even Diggs yielded a 1 and no one on earth would take him over ARob. If you can't get a 1, make him play the year out and then see if Anthony Miller, Ridley and the new kid can fill in the gaps.

• 2Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
no one wants to watch games with less atmosphere than the pre-season games. The fake crowd noise is just horrible. After a while it just becomes annoying noise in the background. I bet there's a guy with a switchboard with 3 buttons "more cheers" "more clapping" "boo". With live audience the sound levels flactuate dynamically, they can't replicate that with a sound board.
ESPN continues to put people in the booth who have no chemistry and can't talk. We went from Boogers "I mostly speak ebonics, dawg" to the "hei, man. Listen, man"

Also, fucking Jets.

Politics is turning a lot of people off. Just like it did for the NBA. We want to watch the games and not be reminded of the political stupidity that is shoved in our face every minute of every day. keep it out of the games. It costs a lot of money to watch the NFL, especially if you have cut the cord on cable. We're not spending that money to watch political crap, especially from multi-bazzilionare athletes.

• 7Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 11 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I think a big part of the drop off is that there are countless bars and restaurants across the country that aren't even open right now that otherwise would be tuned into sports. That's a shit load of TVs.

Yeah, all the people essentially forced to stay home...

Really hard to get them to watch TV.

If only the NFL wasn't shit, maybe people would give enough of a fuck to watch it while Literally everything is shut down.

Bread and circuses for faggots

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity