NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Never understood the Jimmy G hype.

Sorry pals, the 2020 9ers are going to be a lot closer to the 2018 9ers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Need the giants to lose tonight so Washington is in first place. NFC least living up to the hype.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm not sold on NE. I don't doubt Belichick, but he's going to hit a ceiling with Cam that was rarely a problem with Brady. Cam's on the wrong side of 30 to be doing RPO. The hits will stack up and by December he will just be a plodder with the ball. Belichick did a great job on a 1 year contract though. He's gonna use up the last bit of tread on the Cam Newton tire before tossing it. Great stopgap until next year. They still have a good defense and will contend for the division of course. I still have them making the playoffs.

Miami looked promising. 2 rookies on the O-line, and Fitzpatrick had time to throw. We lost by 10 with 3 Turnovers. Last year Fitz was running for his life and was sacked 7 times in week 2. Only 21 players from last year's roster were active, so there's a lot more room to grow.

LOL at the Jets. Gase is so bad. I could understand the AFC East incest with even hiring Rex Ryan, but wow. The whole meddling owner thing is going to screw this team for years; no coach/GM worth a crap is gonna want to be there.

Cowboys are gonna Cowboy. I have no idea why the Cowboys floundering brings me satisfaction; I married into a family of Cowboys fans, I live outside DFW, and I've rarely had a bad interaction with any of their fans. I guess it's just when in Rome I'm doing as the Romans do.

I actually didn't mind fake crowd noise; the silence was deafening to me.

BLM/kneeling: Miami released some video on Thursday, and the whole team decided to stay inside for both Anthems because the whole kneeling/not kneeling thing was only dividing people and not actually changing anything. I guess that's less offensive? I don't think any of the Pats were kneeling.

You're playing Miami next week, so it's Buffalo's game to lose.

Stopgap to who? There is no QB after Cam next year. Stidham wasn't even active this game. Matter of fact I would be surprised if Stidham isn't gone next year.

And 30 isn't 30 from 15 years ago. Although I admit in Cam's case it might be with the pounding he has taken over the years.

I thought the fake crowd noise was fine. They need a guy pressing the button faster on the boos and cheers though!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
My bad I didn't realize you were just trolling.

Sorry that was Gallup. I thought it was CeeDee finding that extra gear that the DB didn't have. Still not PI and gallup still needs to do that with a relaxed arm so he doesn't get any more bullshit calls.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cmon lets not act like Jimmy G is outright trash. Its one week. He started slow last year as well. The guys record as a starter is phenomenal. He was missing his top 2 WR's, not only that but 49er defense has been pretty terrible in the second half of games goign back to the super bowl.

Garoppolo will bounce back, his stats were pretty decent last year, Shanahan just doesnt trust him, as you saw in the playoff last year when he threw 3 passes in an entire game. That is more of a problem than anything, no trust, not letting him open up and attack with the entire playbook. Its like Jimmy G has training wheels on. He can peddle that bike pretty fast, and covers some ground, but it still has training wheels.

The team will get better by default. Trent Williams impact is going to start being felt, with the running game getting going and Jimmy settling in on traditional drop backs. Once we get center back and they have time to gel, they will once again have one of the best offensive lines in football. Then when Aiyuk and Samuel get on the field, everything changes. Them along with Kittle, Garoppolo wont even have to air it out, he can just dump off or hit intermediate routes and those guys will rack up ridiculous YAC.

Plus once that dline gets going with Bosa, Kinlaw, Ford and Armstead, they will start to dominate matchups. I kind of dont mind the early loss, unlike last year when you have the pressure of being undefeated and you have a target on your back. Now they are going to be discounted.

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sorry that was Gallup. I thought it was CeeDee finding that extra gear that the DB didn't have. Still not PI and gallup still needs to do that with a relaxed arm so he doesn't get any more bullshit calls.

Yeah I meant the Gallup play at the end. I agree completely it was questionable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
watched a few games

Seahawks looked great. Russel Wilson quietly had a great game. The Falcons did some classic Falcon shit - offense full of potential but never staying in rhythm and letting a game go from close to blowout.

Brady and Buccs will be fine - not because of Brady, but the Buccs D - sleeper nasty as fuck group. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them finish top 5 and transition to a run heavy play action offense.

Saints d and special teams were on point. Brees looked like shit. Play calling was shit and can’t help but feel they’re figured out to an extent.

Cowboys hyped up like usual and they didn’t look bad. Good game and still would pick Cowboys to come out of the East and the rams to shit the bed in the west.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe the Saints end up doing what the Broncos did a few years ago when they won it all. Go from having an amazing offense one year, to the best defense the next year. Obviously they still have weapons, but Brees isn't quite what he was.

I'm trying not to overreact to Jimmy G's game yesterday, but some of the throws were so bad. It is true that he historically has been bad in his first game, but what I saw yesterday worries me. Hopefully Aiyuk and Deebo make the impact everyone is hoping for. Good news is the next 2 games while Deebo is out is against the Giants and Jets. Those should be manageable games.

I know it's only week 1, but man do the Saints and Seahawks look like the class of the NFC so far.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Didn't realize there were two games tonight. Of course the one I would be interested in is the second game.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
D looks like it picked up right where it left off from last year. Hearing Connor might be out 4-6 weeks, so picking up Snell in FF going to be a winner. Kid made a huge jump from yr 1 to 2, holy shit what a body transformation with 1 NFL offseason under his belt.....he doesnt look like the same person he was as a rookie.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
D looks like it picked up right where it left off from last year. Hearing Connor might be out 4-6 weeks, so picking up Snell in FF going to be a winner. Kid made a huge jump from yr 1 to 2, holy shit what a body transformation with 1 NFL offseason under his belt.....he doesnt look like the same person he was as a rookie.

Pitt is the best drafting team in the NFL. Not only do they find talent, they almost never overpay. Snell looks great...as a 4th rounder. Conner was a 3rd. CYA Bell! Juju was a fantastic 2nd. I won't even go into their other great picks over the years but you don't see them waste money on RBs, safeties, or backup QB (cough, cough Saints). That's how you stay solid.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All hail the first place Football Team, our new football overlords.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users