NFL Postseason 2017 - Where Romo Gets His Ring

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was at UMass Amherst from 04-08. Riots were occurring so regularly that they would have state police horses and tear-gas at the ready for divisional round games. Hell, there was even a riot when we lost our football title game to Appalachian State. Most of these 'riots' were just huge masses of drunk people screaming and a lot of girls going topless, with people being chosen at random to be arrested and subsequently expelled. I think the one in 03 for the loss to the Yankees had a few cars flipped and burned, but afaik, the riots during my time there were mostly just large gatherings of drunk people that the police tried to contain and control with riot gear (not to blame them - I'm sure their presence stopped the situation from spiraling out of control).

Cybsled

I was at UMass Amherst from 04-08. Riots were occurring so regularly that they would have state police horses and tear-gas at the ready for divisional round games. Hell, there was even a riot when we lost our football title game to Appalachian State. Most of these 'riots' were just huge masses of drunk people screaming and a lot of girls going topless, with people being chosen at random to be arrested and subsequently expelled. I think the one in 03 for the loss to the Yankees had a few cars flipped and burned, but afaik, the riots during my time there were mostly just large gatherings of drunk people that the police tried to contain and control with riot gear (not to blame them - I'm sure their presence stopped the situation from spiraling out of control).

Sounds about right. When I was there, I was in Sylvan, so we didn't have as many drunks as Southwest lol. Although you mostly stayed to your suite in terms of interactions vs. other dorms where you just roamed the halls.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Grimm has been a staple of the NFL threads for years.

I think you misspelled "our Token Stealers Fan".

Or is there another one? Also, fucker has no avatar, so that plays into the new guy joke too.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well that's stupid, since the entire Steelers team apparently caught AIDS and they're all sick.

Pencil the Patriots in.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well that's stupid, since the entire Steelers team apparently caught AIDS and they're all sick.

Pencil the Patriots in.

New chef in Pittsburgh this week

bonapp.jpg

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Pencil the Patriots in.

Packers got hit with it too. Assuming Falcons are not a mirage (they had an easier schedule than the Pats), that probably seals the win for them. Rodgers has never played well while ill. Word is he and several of the receivers came down with that bug.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Pencil the Patriots in.
I think Big Ben's 21 TDs and 21 INTs in the post season is likely to pencil the Pats in. You can't ignore that dangerous Steelers offense though. Anything can happen.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
At least the excuse making has started early this year.

If the Packers had not gotten hit with the flu this close to the game, I would have at best given them a 50/50 shot at this game.

The only playoff team the Falcons have beaten in the last couple months were the Seahawks who suck balls on the road and were beat to shit. Most of their win margins and defense stats were piled up against some of the most pathetic teams in the NFL (namely their own division) and all of their games against playoff teams were either losses or close home wins.

Having said all that, the Falcons are balanced on offense, at least, and execute very consistently. The Packers are not consistent even in ideal circumstances. As long as Ryan doesn't do his redzone playoff choke routine and Julio is well and truly 100%, they should be able to soundly beat us. We would need them to be napping like the Cowboys were and that is not going to happen with them. If this flu causes an even remotely slow start for the Packers, you might as well figure on a Pats vs Falcons SB.

I don't see the Steelers beating the evil empire, under even ideal circumstances. Darth Bill simply does not lose to Rape Ape and the Steelers in the playoffs. With this seasonal flue and Ben hobbled? I predict a 17-6 win for the Pats. Only reason its that low scoring in my mind is that the outside pass rush will piss Brady off and force a more conservative run approach, which they have the tools for.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If the patriots win, what rule does the NFL change next year because of it? Illegal to throw a pass within 2 seconds of the snap? Make audibles, or calling out the Mike illegal? Ban all players over 38, due to an unfair experience advantage? Soundproof fields, so that crowd noise doesnt give an unfair home advantage? All games are broadcast as novelizations so as to make video recording impossible. Footballs are now solid, so they are not subject to air pressure or the Ideal Gas Law?

All dickishness aside, the Steelers offense scares me. They can score in a hurry. And if the Pats get up by a score or two and start playing prevent, I think the steelers can close that gap in a hurry.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Packers are pretty beat up on offense. I think Falcons win in a bit of a shoot out unless Ryan starts turning the ball over. I expect 30+ points.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i don't see anything on the major sports sites about the steelers players having the flu.

Edit: AHH injury report.

still picking the patriots ...just cuz they are my team.

packers game i am not sure on, either it will be packers in a close one or falcons in a romp....

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
edit i'm working on not being mean to people

Last edited: