NHL 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Cant blame kovalchuk really...7 million versus 20 million per year, unless his wife is from new jersey and he's in love with the city, it's an easy decision to go back to his homeland..

Sucks for the NHL, but the owners reducing the salary caps will have that effect and it will only get worse as KHL becomes bigger and attracts better player.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Cool, thanks for that. I know we got to opening night when I was over in '08 for Blizzcon but couldn't remember if that was a late season start due to negotiation issues.
The regular season generally starts around the second weekend of October, so probably around October 9/10 or so. Barring any games in Europe or elsewhere that might be a couple days early.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bruins extend Bergeron for 8 years, at $6.5 per. Only way that ever is a bad deal is if his health doesn't hold up (which is a concern). But from pure dollars for what he brings, it's an awesome deal.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man that sucks. I'm a Lightning fan living an hour outside of Raleigh so there goes my chances to see my team more than once a year now.
Yeah I know they made a lot of good changes to the divisions (as a Caps fan, I'm glad to have almost the old Patrick Division back with a few changes), but the Florida teams seemed to get the short end of the stick in the deal.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
zy7cP18.jpg

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Division names are in...

Eastern Conference: Metropolitan and Atlantic
Western Conference: Pacific and Central

Juvarisx

Florida
6 outdoor games, one at Dodgers Stadium (lol ok), and another at BC place (lol ok). I am sure they are just going to love trying to skate in slush

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have they like, drastically improved the technology in the last two years? Last game here in Pittsburgh they had some light rain and it was a fucking mess.

Fuck...the Caps are in the Metropolitan. Couldn't they just bring back the Norris division and the other old names? They were totally unique to Hockey...none of the other leagues in North America had anything like it. This shit is getting pretty stupid...although not as bad as Leaders and Legends in the big ten.