lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Typical Montreal fan
wink.png

gifs_23-1.gif

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Just saw an interesting stat, especially given that it was discussed here before. Everyone who actually knows much about hockey knows that the West is better than the East generally (however a few people here vehemently disagreed when it was brought up). So far this year, the West's record playing the East is 49-14-7. And that's including the Oilers, who have 5 of those losses. It's not even close.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Not so much better, but several people disputed that there was any discernible difference between the two, or that the good Eastern teams have inflated records because of how poor the competition has been.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it was a really stupid conversation especially once stats got involved and people still tried to claim otherwise.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Anyone knows where I can find a HD stream for tonight's senators/hawks game?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Eomer you even have to admit that second Kessel goal was fucking beautiful
Yeah, it was nice. Where the fuck the rest of our team was on that play, I have no idea. God this is depressing. I didn't expect to be lighting the NHL up this year, but we're already basically out of the playoffs with such a poor start. And it's the same shit over and over again. The team just seems incapable of playing decent hockey. It can't be blamed on a lack of talent or money. And it's not even a matter of "size". The team just seems completely uninterested in playing good, professional hockey. The first two goals were on absolutely brutal pinches by the D, with no forwards supporting.

How the fuck does Kevin Lowe still have a job? Let's not forget this little gem he dropped at the press conference for MacT's hiring as GM over the summer, in response to a reporter basically asking why the fuck he still had a job:

"And lastly I'll say that there's one other guy in hockey today that is still working in the game that has won more Stanley Cups than me. So I think I know a little bit about winning, if there's ever a concern."
You didn't win shit, Lowe. You rode Messier and Gretzky's fucking coattails for 15 years is what you did. And your only success in management was because you happened to have the stupid luck to trade for Pronger.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Bruins had Kessel. Sucked as a Bruin.. phenomenal as a Leaf.
Bruins had Seguin. Sucked as a Bruin.. phenomenal as a Star.
Bruins have Eriksson. Gets knocked out for season.

FML and our defensive system. This is how Devils fans must have felt in the 90's.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bruins had Kessel. Sucked as a Bruin.. phenomenal as a Leaf.
Bruins had Seguin. Sucked as a Bruin.. phenomenal as a Star.
Bruins have Eriksson. Gets knocked out for season.

FML and our defensive system. This is how Devils fans must have felt in the 90's.
And yet both their fans have been waiting longer for this again than you guys...

2011scgm7pic-copy1.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pens game going in to second intermission and they tease going in to commercials with "Semyon Varlamov turns himself in to Denver police on multiple charges"

WTF?

Semyon Varlamov, Avalanche goalie, arrested on domestic violence charges - The Denver Post

Police arrested Varlamov on second-degree kidnapping and third-degree assault charges, police said.

edit: Marchand just had what looked like a pretty good hipcheck on Letang that elevated him a bit and the refs called Diving on Letang, no fucking idea why it was a good hit. And I guess after calling it they figured out it was fucking retarded so the solution is to give Marchand a slashing penalty as well. Shit's retarded.

At most they could have called a super ticky tacky interference maybe since Letang didn't actively have the puck when hit.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pens game going in to second intermission and they tease going in to commercials with "Semyon Varlamov turns himself in to Denver police on multiple charges"

WTF?

Semyon Varlamov, Avalanche goalie, arrested on domestic violence charges - The Denver Post

edit: Marchand just had what looked like a pretty good hipcheck on Letang that elevated him a bit and the refs called Diving on Letang, no fucking idea why it was a good hit. And I guess after calling it they figured out it was fucking retarded so the solution is to give Marchand a slashing penalty as well. Shit's retarded.

At most they could have called a super ticky tacky interference maybe since Letang didn't actively have the puck when hit.
Jesus Varly, don't take every piece of advice Roy gives you.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Varlamov allowed out of jail; can travel with Avalanche

His arrest warrant details the alleged assault, which took place Monday. In addition to kicking the woman, police say Varlamov told her in Russian that if this were Russia, he would have beat her more.
Classy guy!

Agent says Varlamov is innocent, official claims conspiracy

Meanwhile, a Russian government official is claiming that Varlamov's arrest is part of a scheme to prevent Russia from winning the gold medal in men's hockey at next year's Olympic Winter Games in Sochi.

"I'm confident of Semyon's innocence," Russian parliamentarian Igor Ananskikh told a Russian news agency R-Sport. "I think it is a sports and political move, as Varlamov is a candidate for the Russian national team. The main goal is to suspend him from training and games so that he loses practice and misses the Olympics."
These fucking Russians man...