NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sure did. That's very relevant to the rest of this series where he will definitely not play like the piece of shit he is.
I love that he gets so much hate. Like any other guy that does his job, his physicality crosses the line sometimes. Never been suspended in his career. This was a bad play/hit. Late, and knee on knee. Don't want to see him do this anymore. As for the rest, play the exact same way, especially if Malkin is going to dive like a baby to a little cross check.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love that he gets so much hate. Like any other guy that does his job, his physicality crosses the line sometimes. Never been suspended in his career. This was a bad play/hit. Late, and knee on knee. Don't want to see him do this anymore. As for the rest, play the exact same way, especially if Malkin is going to dive like a baby to a little cross check.
Yeah, if you think about it Wilson is the real victim here. He's basically a hero.

edit: Unrelated.

Qr0Ouvd.jpg

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I never understood that argument. "He shouldn't face suspension because he's never been suspended!"

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That Orpik hit is super borderline. Replays make it look like he was straight up targeting Olli's head with the elbow. I guess it's nice to see the Caps being consistent.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2 great games so far. If both teams can keep it clean, and by both teams I mean the Caps stop attempting to injure guys, it's going to be an amazing series.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like Letang needs to step his face chopping game up. I mean, has he even chopped one face yet this series?? His face chopping advanced stats must be taking a dive...

Ok i'm done now

Merrith

That Orpik hit is super borderline. Replays make it look like he was straight up targeting Olli's head with the elbow. I guess it's nice to see the Caps being consistent.
It's not borderline, it was a bad hit. Puck was long gone too. And while in Wilson's case, I certainly didn't think he was intending to go knee to knee, Orpik's forearm goes straight for the head it seemed like there. Orpik will get a game or two for sure (and deserves it). Hits like that remind of the one Backstrom took that caused him to miss half a season a couple years ago. Just bad.

Merrith

2 great games so far. If both teams can keep it clean, and by both teams I mean the Caps stop attempting to injure guys, it's going to be an amazing series.
Malkin's been doing his usual shit behind the play too, but agreed on Orpik's hit just being all bad. I know he plays physical, but that was just not what you want to see out of him last night.

We looked like shit the first two periods, I don't know if it was killing so many penalties or what, but we didn't get our shit together until the 3rd.

Didn't like the wave off on the goal, at least not Kuznetsov getting a penalty for it when there was contact from Letang helping him into Murray. Is what it is though.

Merrith

I never understood that argument. "He shouldn't face suspension because he's never been suspended!"
Wasn't making this argument, only noting that for all the venom directed his way, he hasn't ever been suspended before. Although I guess the league does look at it as far as "repeat offender" goes.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And while in Wilson's case, I certainly didn't think he was intending to go knee to knee
Seriously?

26AHtUo1xonIxOnkc.gif

Both plays were absolutely filthy. How many games in a row does a team need players to get sent up to the DOPS before refs start calling majors for this shit? If the refs won't penalize them, and the Pens can't score on the PPs, the Caps have no incentive to stop playing like scumbags.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Orpik got 3 games. Which is way better than anyone expected. 1 game seemed like the most likely possibility after the Wilson jokefine.

Not because the Caps get preferential treatment, but because playoff discipline is a fucking joke.

Merrith

Orpik got 3 games. Which is way better than anyone expected. 1 game seemed like the most likely possibility after the Wilson jokefine.

Not because the Caps get preferential treatment, but because playoff discipline is a fucking joke.
All DOPS is a joke. I thought he'd get 2, but as long as they are CONSISTENT (lol), 3 games is fine for a shitty hit like that, and that's how they need to punish it to reduce those from happening (as much as they can).

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuckface Trotz sounds just like most internet fans.

Coach Trotz said he's disappointed with suspension length "but not surprised give the opponent"

Merrith

Fuckface Trotz sounds just like most internet fans.

Coach Trotz said he's disappointed with suspension length "but not surprised give the opponent"
I guess we'll get to see how many games Letang gets. Although we all know the result of the hit (read: injury or not) factors into it. Mojo being able to come back means Letang probably gets 1 game tops.

Tonight felt like Game 5 against the Flyers, except we didn't get shut out.

You could say the Pens backed into a 2-1 series lead.