NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I watched like....10 minutes of the game. The crazy early mornings are really fucking up my playoff watching=/
Stayed up to watch all 3 OT's of Nashville/SJ tonight. I hear you.

Haven't lost hope yet Grimm, but it's looking pretty grim. You guys deserve it winning with Letang and Maata out.

Merrith

Nice article about Holtby giving his stick to a young pens fan with cancer last night.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2016/...-penguins-fan/

Within the past 3 years I have gone from hating Holtby to really quite admiring him. Standup dude for sure.
Only real way you could hate Holtby is if you know nothing about him and you're pissed he stoned your team.

Although during playoffs this is an entirely valid reason to hate a goalie.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's sports. The color of their jersey is enough to hate someone with savage aplomb. I feel like I've been pretty clear on this over the years.

Also never forget: 04-04-16

Of course if he can't play Matt Murray is the second coming of Jesus, so we'll be fine there. That kid is a fucking monster.

Merrith

Oddly enough, I don't feel like Murray has been superhuman. Just very good...while Holtby has been...well, I'm torn between average and unlucky. A bit of both probably. We've scored 9 on Murray in 4 games, which isn't great, but it's not like he's Halaking us. When it's mattered though, in the last two games when the Caps have had more shots, more attempts, more scoring chances...Murray has made the saves. Holtby has been getting outplayed. Pens supporting cast has been far better than Caps as well.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's like my brother said, he's got a bit of Brodeur about him. He makes all the saves he's supposed to. Which is nice after going through some of Flower's early seasons.

Merrith

Kuznetsov lets go of his stick and points at it right in front of the ref to show him it's still standing straight up being held by the Pens' D man. Pure gold.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm a Lightning fan but I just keep expecting them to shit the bed any moment now and not recover. Exceeded expectations to this point though with Stamkos and Stralman still out.

Merrith

Holtby looks like an animal tonight.

Post the Kusnetsov thing if you find it, I missed it. Sounds hilarious.
I'll try and ask if anyone has a gif of it. Yeah Holtby with those 2 huge saves there really kept the mo going.

I think Murray is in some of our guys' heads. Missing the net wide on so many good chances. Seriously Kuznetsov is having periods of good play, but can't buy goals/points this postseason. It's in his head.

Merrith

I'm a Lightning fan but I just keep expecting them to shit the bed any moment now and not recover. Exceeded expectations to this point though with Stamkos and Stralman still out.
The Triplets have really stepped up big time, and Hedman has carried the load. I wasn't completely surprised they got past Detroit, although I expected a longer series either way. The Isles I thought might have had a shot, but the way you all have shut down Tavares has been impressive.

Merrith

1 down. Tuesday night up in Pittsburgh going to be tough though. A good start is a must. Wonder who sits for Orpik.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The play where Wilson grabbed Sid by the neck is gonna get played forever. Was dumb howe he grabbed him initially, but Sid started to fall and Wilson was just holding him up. The video makes it look like Wilson trying to strangle him if you don't realize that.

Can't wait for the Yinzers to chime in

Merrith

The play where Wilson grabbed Sid by the neck is gonna get played forever. Was dumb howe he grabbed him initially, but Sid started to fall and Wilson was just holding him up. The video makes it look like Wilson trying to strangle him if you don't realize that.

Can't wait for the Yinzers to chime in
Need to see a gif of that. The gif going around of Sullivan telling Crosby/rest of the bench to sit down and shut up after the slashing call in the 3rd was great.