NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
tEPmvOn.jpg

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
The bad guys are probably gonna win and it sucks. Fucking pizza face mcgee is gonna get a cup before lundqvist and his flawless pores....

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hertl might be out for game 3. He's been our best player in this series so if he's out it might be over.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ben Lovejoy!?

Edit: Great shot by Braun, but holy fuck I've never seen a defender screen his own goalie worse than Letang did on that goal. Murray never saw that puck for a second.

He might have been out if position himself.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If the Pens win Thursday it will be the first Pittsburgh championship clinched at home since 1960.

Also this.

caiD5wk.jpg

Also my black friend sent me this during the game.

LjrUGGg.png

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
What is the strategy behind line changes? Is it mainly about fatigue and getting rested players in?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What is the strategy behind line changes? Is it mainly about fatigue and getting rested players in?
Not really, it's a factor of course but not the main one.

The biggest factor is matching your forward lines and defensive pairing against the opposing forward lines and defensive pairing of your choice.

The home team has the last change, so the visiting team needs to put his players in first, then the home team can choose which lines they are gonna use against them.

The strategy will be different depending on where the face-off takes place, defensive zone, neutral zone, or offensive zone...even slightly if the face off is on the right or left side of the ice. The score and game time will affect this also.

Coaches are always striving for a match-up that they think will favor their team.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fuck me I hope the Sharks pull off a miracle. Murray shoe in for Conn Smythe you'd have to think.