NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Now not only do you not get to gut me, but you actually owe me because I'm fuckin' good luck.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mario's gonna sell some used cars later today with that jacket.

Lodi I'll try to make your avatar tomorrow. Tonight I'm still at the bar, gonna drink all the beers and be worthless at work tomorrow.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
My novice hockey mind thought the two keepers were the best players in the series. Why did Sid win the Conn Smythe other than just being the big name?

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mario's gonna sell some used cars later today with that jacket.

Lodi I'll try to make your avatar tomorrow. Tonight I'm still at the bar, gonna drink all the beers and be worthless at work tomorrow.
I'm already drunk. Poor Thornton is never going to win a damn cup. The guy is a legend and he's going to retire without one. I'll put your avatar up as soon as I see it. This one stings.

*edit* and of course this is my 500th post...

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just need a mod to throw it up there for you.

VvPIfJs.gif

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My novice hockey mind thought the two keepers were the best players in the series. Why did Sid win the Conn Smythe other than just being the big name?
You could make the argument that no one really stood out that much more from everyone else to be the clear choice...although pretty clear that Murray and Kessel at least (and could debate on Malkin) played better and were more important than Sid to them winning the Cup.

It was a lifetime achievement thing, so the writers can all say he has a Conn Smythe, since he didn't win it the last time they won the Cup (Malkin, and deservedly so)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sid played well. He was solid, he created a lot of opportunities and played like a boss both ways. But he sure as fuck didn't deserve the trophy over Kessel if they were going to go offensive.

yiUQThb.jpg

Would you look at all this baby stuff?

Enjoy your gay pride parade Grimm...
Fuckin' baby stuff.

On more time, for posterity.

Of course if he can't playMatt Murray is the second coming of Jesus, so we'll be fine there. That kid is a fucking monster.
He's got a ring now. How many rings does "king" Henrik have? Is it less than one? Because that would be fewer than Matt Murray has. Matt Murray who just turned 22.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah Grimm, I agree. It was either Kessel or Murray in my eyes. Maybe they didn't want to give it to Kessel because they didn't want to drive the dagger too deep to Toronto.

Fuck my life, both times Sid's Pens beat us in the playoffs, they've gone on to win the Cup. Sports aren't fair.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Haha, love the dig at Simmons in that fake Kessel thing. I'm convinced that Simmons is mentally retarded, and don't understand how he got to where he is. It's mind boggling.