NHL 2016-17 Season

Nester

Vyemm Raider
riot5.jpg

Emotiv

Silver Squire
Kinda getting bored waiting for this World Cup of Hockey thing to start up. I said during the season that I'd probably pass, but they roped me in with Auston Matthews on NA U23

Fadaar

That guy
Love that the Lightning have at least 1 player on every team except for Team Europe. The talent there all went to the various countries' teams.

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
Joining in on this thread. I am probably one of the few Jackets fans here, but our home opener is against Boston and I just bought my tickets last week. I am pretty pumped to get the season started again so we can basically be playoff eliminated after the first 8 games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nice to have a jacket fan along for the ride this year. Still have the bad taste in my mouth from the Caps letdown in the 2nd round again. Thought we deserved better, or at least Ovechkin and Oshie did. Rest of the top 6 needed to step up in the 2nd round. Gets harder to get excited for the regular season knowing literally nothing the Caps do matters until the playoffs. All that's enjoyable is watching how some of the young guys develop.

Also praying Tom Wilson takes a big step forward this year getting $2M a year now.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wings are going to be a dumpster fire this year. So much money spent to ice such a mediocre squad.

Wings are going to be a dumpster fire this year. So much money spent to ice such a mediocre squad.
every time i see the red wings/their moves these days they remind me of the same sort of limbo the bulls are in. money and time given to guys on their last legs and not developing enough under them. holland doesn't inspire much confidence.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy

Will it finally be the year they don't make the playoffs? Think I heard a stat that the last time the Wings didn't make the playoffs either Brett Favre was still in college or was a rookie in the NFL.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Anxious to watch the Wild with a real coach this year. If we're a first round loss team again with BB in charge I'll admit to that being this team's ceiling. That'll be a tough admission considering how locked we are to Parise and Suter for a while here.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will it finally be the year they don't make the playoffs? Think I heard a stat that the last time the Wings didn't make the playoffs either Brett Favre was still in college or was a rookie in the NFL.

I think they are a bubble team. They are just stuck in mediocrity for the foreseeable future with all the massive term contracts they've handed out to middle of the pack players.

McDavid? I think you mean Larsson!

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I'm really curious to see how Larsson is going to look. I've never really seen him play. I don't think anyone would disagree that the Oilers lost that trade, but unfortunately they didn't really have much choice. They had to get a big minutes D-man, even if he's not necessarily a 40 point, top PP type of guy. I was pretty pissed when I first heard about the trade, but in hindsight I'm kind of okay with it. It's just a fucking joke that the guys who oversaw the decimation of the organizations D-corps that lead to that desperation trade, Lowe and MacT, are still employed by the organization. Shit, I have to sit across the spike bar from MacT at my golf course every now and again, and it's so hard to not walk across the room and tell him he's a moron. Plus Buchberger has hit in to my group at least twice since I've been a member there. And he keeps getting promoted too! He's been in charge of player development in an organization that doesn't develop players. It's fucking mind boggling.

Haka

N00b
I am excited to see how McDavid does, I think he could easily win the Art Ross this year. I still think that trade was garbage even if you got Larrson I understand the need, but there were top tier defenseman on the move and they couldn't get one with a top LW in the game? Even players like Barrie, Shattenkirk etc. are rumored to be available. Larrson will make their D better but I still see problems with quick transitioning of the puck, which is the way the game is played now. Still, I couldn't believe you guys got Puljarvi after all the luck you've gotten over the years.

The West will be interesting this year. Edmonton needs to improve a lot but this is the first year I could actually see them making the playoffs, albeit I'm not confident they will. Also interested to see if LA even makes the playoffs. Chicago also has lost a lot of depth lately. If Dallas gets even slightly below average goaltending, they're the team to beat in the West. Sharks had everything go right for them last year and I don't expect them to repeat, but they'll still be good. Blues are up there too. I also would like to see PK have a monster season to prove how stupid Montreal was in trading him. It won't happen immediately but that Weber/PK trade will look worse and worse for them every year.

The east looks more of the same for me, it's basically Wash, Tampa and Pitts, the later of which should a powerhouse the entire year with a competent coach.

I am a Canucks fan.... it's painful. I want the team to crash and burn, the team to be sold, and management shot into the sun. Poor Sedins.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Keeping the Sedins around has been one of the best wastes of money I've seen in the NHL in recent history. Shame they choke so hard when he pressures on. Hope they trade them and rebuild the whole organization from the farm team up. The Canucks have been a fairy tale of mismanagement across the board for a while now. Kinda like the leafs...until they cleaned house.

Really hope to see that Weber/PK trade bite Montreal in the ass.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
The Sedin's have refused to waive their NTC when asked. That's not on Canucks management. That's on them. They are apparently content in closing out their careers as losers.