NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still not counting on a Vegas sweep. They've been doing the impossible all season, no reason to stop now!

I'm expecting this series to go long the way its been. Honestly aside from some of the shenanigans that have been allowed on ice the hockey itself has been pretty great. Plus its the Caps. 7 games is probably likeliest result at this point.

Heard Haula got 5 minutes and game misconduct for slashing Orpik after the final buzzer. Orpik apparently needed stitches from whatever it was.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like I'm missing something? Guy had the puck and got hit pretty cleanly to the front. How is that remotely the same?

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
It's a slew foot that led to the gwg same game as the ZAR hit. Kind of got over-looked by the salty pens fans frothing over the hit. Maybe not the best angle, was the first one that popped up when I typed it in search.

Malakriss

If he continued forward and checked him to the ice it's a great play with the same result. But instead he turns off and catches him with the leg. That's rarely whistled for a penalty since the pass is made and it's still in the legal hit timing but it gets fans ultra salty when the pass is shit, results in a turnover, and a goal the other way.

Merrith

Kind of looks like it's going to be a full on hit but Pens guy dodges and he just catches side/legs. Karlsson looking at nothing but numbers the whole way. I'd call both trips, probably. In the regular season I bet both get called. Given the playoff officiating, I'm not surprised both got nothing. Karlsson's looks a little more dangerous as a slew foot coming in directly from behind and not more the side.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I'm not really trying to say one is better or worse than the other. Just been getting triggered by all the conspiracy theories that have been going on by every teams fanbase after literally every loss. I've been guilty of it too for sure, I get it. From the outside looking in it's just way more grating for me to read. I have to remind myself before I post that it's probably just a Caps fans natural coping mechanism during the playoffs to assume the worst =)

Just step back from the ledge a foot or so, Refs are just terrible and calls are complete RNG at this point, not bias.

Merrith

I'm not really trying to say one is better or worse than the other. Just been getting triggered by all the conspiracy theories that have been going on by every teams fanbase after literally every loss. I've been guilty of it too for sure, I get it. From the outside looking in it's just way more grating for me to read. I have to remind myself before I post that it's probably just a Caps fans natural coping mechanism during the playoffs to assume the worst =)

Just step back from the ledge a foot or so, Refs are just terrible and calls are complete RNG at this point, not bias.

Believe me it's not some conspiracy. Never assume that when simple stupidity and incompetence explains it...and it does with NHL refereeing. We've had it rough this playoff run, but that's nothing new. I'm happy we've increased our PP average per game over our last 5 playoff games to 1.

Merrith

Pat Sajak. Man I hate when they drag this stuff out. Drop the puck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
As someone who doesn't watch as much hockey as you all, what the fuck at goaltender interference when the fucking goalie is outside of the crease?

Seems like MAF just walked into Smith-Pelly, and it literally had no impact on the play.