NHL 2023-2024 Season - Arizona Stays Homeless

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought as well as Vegas' offense looked, Dallas' defense was matching them every step of the way. It just happened to be a freak unintended redirection that broke the stalemate in the 3rd... as these types of games tend to go. Vegas had the better puck luck, but probably created more chances so you can say they earned it.

Game 7 should be a treat.

Pavelski still has 0 points
I'm actually surprised that Pavs is getting as much time as he is. When he was in SJ I remember him always sucking against VGK. He was too slow for how good they are on the transition. He rarely even got good tips against them.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s that time of year again

1714880324725.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Keefe -

It's very evident when teams play the Leafs, they set up the game for the Leafs to beat themselves

Words of someone who knows they are getting fired. Basically admitting they are losing because of coaching. You almost feel bad for Matthews whos entire career so far has been disadvantaged due to poor coaching.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Keefe -

It's very evident when teams play the Leafs, they set up the game for the Leafs to beat themselves

Words of someone who knows they are getting fired. Basically admitting they are losing because of coaching. You almost feel bad for Matthews whos entire career so far has been disadvantaged due to poor coaching.

Babcock poor coaching? Think the guy is a piece of shit, but don't think he's a bad coach. It's always interesting to me which superstars get pass after pass for stuff, while others get labeled as coach killers very early on (saying this in general, without any actual comment on where I think Matthews falls in the discussion).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Babcock poor coaching? Think the guy is a piece of shit, but don't think he's a bad coach. It's always interesting to me which superstars get pass after pass for stuff, while others get labeled as coach killers very early on (saying this in general, without any actual comment on where I think Matthews falls in the discussion).
Same type of people were calling for Coops head in 2019. Sometimes its just a compounding amalgamation of things.

However I'm seeing more pushback against coaching and more to split the core so I think a lot of people realizing its not a simple as shaking up the coaching.

Merrith

Same type of people were calling for Coops head in 2019. Sometimes its just a compounding amalgamation of things.

However I'm seeing more pushback against coaching and more to split the core so I think a lot of people realizing its not a simple as shaking up the coaching.

Honestly sometimes teams are just very unlucky in their match ups, bounces, goaltending, OT games, etc. You need all of it to go your way to have a Cup run. Very few teams are just so stacked where they can outclass everyone for 4 straight series. It always seems like change is needed when you keep trying and nothing is working, but sometimes you can set the team back further by changing stuff just to change.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly sometimes teams are just very unlucky in their match ups, bounces, goaltending, OT games, etc. You need all of it to go your way to have a Cup run. Very few teams are just so stacked where they can outclass everyone for 4 straight series. It always seems like change is needed when you keep trying and nothing is working, but sometimes you can set the team back further by changing stuff just to change.

While that's true, Toronto's core has been together long enough that at some point you have to realize they are the problem, and it's not just bad matchups, bounces, goaltending etc...

The players are all good individually, none of them suck or anything, I think the combination just isn't working at this point.

Shanahan's job might be in play too, he's been there 10 years and they haven't done anything under his plan.

It will be an interesting summer in Toronto for sure.

Merrith

While that's true, Toronto's core has been together long enough that at some point you have to realize they are the problem, and it's not just bad matchups, bounces, goaltending etc...

The players are all good individually, none of them suck or anything, I think the combination just isn't working at this point.

Shanahan's job might be in play too, he's been there 10 years and they haven't done anything under his plan.

It will be an interesting summer in Toronto for sure.

I don't totally agree the core is the problem directly...although finding consistent defense and goaltending to go with it (or more correctly, being able to afford it while paying that core what they make) has been their biggest problem over the years, imo. Any single year a 7 game series can go against you, especially OT in a Game 7. Whether or not that means making a major move or two will be the right one is anyone's guess.

If I had to guess, I'd bet they look to trade Marner. But that's the obvious move, too.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
First round exit is extremely appropriate.

get fucked Vegas

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users