Nintendo 3DS News, Games, etc.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Man0warr, Majora's Mask 3DS is only bundled with the game in Europe (Fucking Nintendo!).

Also Mario Party 10 March 20

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
cewra5lczmqg0cjtjh2f.png

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The Monster Hunter bundle comes with the game pre-loaded on the system - not sure about the Majora's Mask bundle coming with the game in NA yet.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
As much as I want it....I think I'll hold off for a possible Bravely Second themed one (seeing as how big of a success Bravely Default was, I wouldn't be surprised)

Siliconemelons

As much as I want it....I think I'll hold off for a possible Bravely Second themed one (seeing as how big of a success Bravely Default was, I wouldn't be surprised)
because you like dem' hips!

and because the game was indeed awesome even if I never managed to grind out the proper ending the journey was excellent - I look forward to a more story driven version in the sequel.

Needless

Toe Sucker
The Monster Hunter bundle comes with the game pre-loaded on the system - not sure about the Majora's Mask bundle coming with the game in NA yet.
99.9999999% sure it would come with the game, every other themed system came with the game pre-loaded on it.

The monster hunter one looks sick, i'm going to see if i can still pre-order it but it looks like they're selling out everywhere already
frown.png

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Majora's Mask bundle is just the system, no game. No AC adapter for that matter either!

Never change Nintendo.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The fuck is this "NEW" 3DS?! My 3DSXL is old shit now?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The fuck is this "NEW" 3DS?! My 3DSXL is old shit now?
It has more processing power, a C-stick, ZL and ZR buttons, 3D "sweet spot" adjusts by tracking your face, and amiibo support. There are going to be some exclusives for it that aren't available on the normal 3DS (like Xeno Chronicles), but as of right now, it looks like almost all upcoming games are compatible with both.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's kinda like the DSi stuff, Nintendo always does like an semi upgrade inbetween new consoles on their portable shit(well not always, but often). It has some interesting features, but atm the exclusive shit is only Xenoblade Chronicles, which is a port of the Wii game(and is a downgrade, quality wise, since it's still a 3DS) so not much reason to buy one unless you want to.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I preordered a Majora mask 3DS. It wasn't very hard to find around Montr?al but the guy at EBgames told me they wouldn't have any at the end of the day.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Majora's Mask bundle is just the system, no game. No AC adapter for that matter either!

Never change Nintendo.
They haven't included AC adapters in Asia/Europe for the last 3 or 4 DS/3DS models AFAIK, so it's just new to North America.

Not a huge deal unless you never had a DSi/3DS before - I think we have like 4 chargers laying around. Can buy them for about $8 if you really need one - but it does suck if you are new to DS handhelds or giving it as a gift.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So also let me get this right. Monster Hunter 4 is the same exact game as Monster Hunter 3 except for 20 new monsters (Skins) a few new weapons, and online play. At full price? Why isn't this DLC for Monster Ultimate 3?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It's as new a game as a new Call of Duty, Battlefield, or new iteration of Pokeon, take that as you will.

Basically the Core Mechanics and Weapon types stay the same (some tweaks for balance, or updated gameplay).

The new content is new maps, new equipment, and new Monsters. They always keep a lot of the current monsters in the game because people expect them to - they do add the same monsters with re-skins that have slightly different behaviors or abilities.

Sometimes they add stuff like Underwater Combat (Monster Hunter 3). This new Monster Hunter adds the ability to climb walls and shit.

That's just the kind of game it is and what the fans of the game expect - they would cry bloody murder if anything too radical changed. It's a game largely played on trains and subways, or on the streets with anyone you can find ad-hoc - that's why it's the most popular mobile/handheld game in Japan.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Wife got me a 3ds for xmas...son of a B. 3 weeks later and its almost obsolete =( at least it looks like the old school Nintendo controller.

On a side note I did finaly track down Xenogears AND a Wii pro controller (not Wii U) so I can actually play it on my WII.

Interesting game, I am not very into yet as DA: I has taken all my time.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It's as new a game as a new Call of Duty, Battlefield, or new iteration of Pokeon, take that as you will.

Basically the Core Mechanics and Weapon types stay the same (some tweaks for balance, or updated gameplay).

The new content is new maps, new equipment, and new Monsters. They always keep a lot of the current monsters in the game because people expect them to - they do add the same monsters with re-skins that have slightly different behaviors or abilities.

Sometimes they add stuff like Underwater Combat (Monster Hunter 3). This new Monster Hunter adds the ability to climb walls and shit.

That's just the kind of game it is and what the fans of the game expect - they would cry bloody murder if anything too radical changed. It's a game largely played on trains and subways, or on the streets with anyone you can find ad-hoc - that's why it's the most popular mobile/handheld game in Japan.
Gotchya. So buying this for Wii U was a waste. I am still trying to get into it...

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I got about 150ish hours into Monster Hunter 3 on Wii U - most of it online play, was totally worth it.