Nintendo 3DS News, Games, etc.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Anytime i tried to get into monster hunter, i couldn't get past how awful their control schemes are
frown.png
MH4 still felt shitty when i tried it at PAX last year too

spronk

FPS noob
got lucky and scored a majoras mask 3DS XL at best buy, not sure why i don't really play my 3ds much but ehhh it'll match my gold zelda albw 3ds xl i guess. wish nintendo would finally figure out their account shit, it'd be nice to have both 3DS' signed into one NNID and i'd buy more digital games but nintendo is still back in 1995 as far as that shit is concerned

also if you have a wii u super mario galaxy 2 is $10 on the eshop this week, metroid trilogy is next week i think. straight up ports not remasters so you need to use wii dildo controllers still

the UK got a lot more options for the n3DS than USA, nintendo america sucks balls
http://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo...s-mask-3d.list

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wife got me a 3ds for xmas...son of a B. 3 weeks later and its almost obsolete =( at least it looks like the old school Nintendo controller.

On a side note I did finaly track down Xenogears AND a Wii pro controller (not Wii U) so I can actually play it on my WII.

Interesting game, I am not very into yet as DA: I has taken all my time.
Same boat here - fortunately the Persona 3DSXL is gorgeous but so lame that they delayed the announcement of New3DS so much for here to give the implication it was far out rather than close.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I got an email about a early access demo for Monster Hunter 4

A0710Y2K0H0DFWJS
A070LTPA1UVPUN9K
A0703QTB0GPW4PUK

Theres 3 codes for it, enjoy~

spronk

FPS noob
damn the new 3NDS requires you to open the back panel with a screwdriver to insert/remove the microSD card haha, da fuq are you doing nintendo

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Are you admitting you don't have access to a Phillips head screwdriver?

Of the possible gripes with the N3DS, that is the least concerning. No regular N3DS and no AC adapter are much bigger issues.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
It's as new a game as a new Call of Duty, Battlefield, or new iteration of Pokeon, take that as you will.

Basically the Core Mechanics and Weapon types stay the same (some tweaks for balance, or updated gameplay).

The new content is new maps, new equipment, and new Monsters. They always keep a lot of the current monsters in the game because people expect them to - they do add the same monsters with re-skins that have slightly different behaviors or abilities.

Sometimes they add stuff like Underwater Combat (Monster Hunter 3). This new Monster Hunter adds the ability to climb walls and shit.

That's just the kind of game it is and what the fans of the game expect - they would cry bloody murder if anything too radical changed. It's a game largely played on trains and subways, or on the streets with anyone you can find ad-hoc - that's why it's the most popular mobile/handheld game in Japan.
Theres been scaleable walls since MH on PS2. We get motherfucking monster mounting in this one.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Dropped a little over 200 hours in MH3U after never having touched the series before, thanks to the recommendation of this forum. That said, I am all aboard for this bitch! I really wish it was on the Wii U though
frown.png
I think I gave myself carpal tunnel grinding out for the first 100 hours on my 2DS, guess I will be buying the new big boy 3DS for this one.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Dropped a little over 200 hours in MH3U after never having touched the series before, thanks to the recommendation of this forum. That said, I am all aboard for this bitch! I really wish it was on the Wii U though
frown.png
I think I gave myself carpal tunnel grinding out for the first 100 hours on my 2DS, guess I will be buying the new big boy 3DS for this one.
MH3 was on the WiiU. It was the first game I got and I did not like it -( I don't think I gave it a fair chance however.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
MH3 was on the WiiU. It was the first game I got and I did not like it -( I don't think I gave it a fair chance however.
It took me a while to get in to MH3U as well, mostly because of the controls that were mentioned earlier, which I think were exacerbated by going Bow first. But after getting used to it the game was really enjoyable. Nice grouping, nice variation in monsters, abilities, ways to kill. And at the end of the day you get your drops to craft your weapons and armor. It was kind of like one boss fight after another with no useless trash clearing. Man0warr and I played a few times together along with someone else on here. It'd take me forever to try and get back in to it probably.

Vaclav

Just got wind of Codename: STEAM last couple days - holy crap I want it now.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I seriously can't believe the quality of the 3ds library. I pretty much dropped PC and console altogether a few months ago. So far I've played mh3 (didn't care for it, but I'll try 4 based on comments in this thread), Zelda LttP remake, Shin Megami IV Fire Emblem, almost through Persona Q and just started Pokemon ORuby. The MINIMUM amount of time - MH3 notwithstanding - on each of these games is like 20 hours estimated for Zelda. Fire Emblem about 70 and around 100 for Shin and Persona. It's unreal.

Still haven't touched Rune Factory, Fatasy Life, Bravely, Etrian, Animal Crossing or any of the other Shin Megami games. And when that's all done I can check out the DS library.

Crone

I seriously can't believe the quality of the 3ds library. I pretty much dropped PC and console altogether a few months ago. So far I've played mh3 (didn't care for it, but I'll try 4 based on comments in this thread), Zelda LttP remake, Shin Megami IV Fire Emblem, almost through Persona Q and just started Pokemon ORuby. The MINIMUM amount of time - MH3 notwithstanding - on each of these games is like 20 hours estimated for Zelda. Fire Emblem about 70 and around 100 for Shin and Persona. It's unreal.

Still haven't touched Rune Factory, Fatasy Life, Bravely, Etrian, Animal Crossing or any of the other Shin Megami games. And when that's all done I can check out the DS library.
Do you have a situation that lets you game in a setting that you can't game or play other systems/platforms? My biggest hang up about the 3DS has always been if I'm home and can game, I've got Ps4, PC, or 3DS, and Ps4 and PC are always going to win. I just figured I didn't car pool, ride the bus, stand in lines, or fly enough to warrant a 3DS?

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Do you have a situation that lets you game in a setting that you can't game or play other systems/platforms? My biggest hang up about the 3DS has always been if I'm home and can game, I've got Ps4, PC, or 3DS, and Ps4 and PC are always going to win. I just figured I didn't car pool, ride the bus, stand in lines, or fly enough to warrant a 3DS?
I actually enjoy playing my Vita/3DS while watching something on TV. I have a hard time keeping interest in just a game or just TV, but with both going it seems to satiate my ADD lol.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I almost exclusively play my 3DS on the couch while watching Twitch or football/basketball, or very rarely when out of town on a trip or something.

Crone

Yeah I almost exclusively play my 3DS on the couch while watching Twitch or football/basketball, or very rarely when out of town on a trip or something.
ya, and that seems to be pretty common. I don't have cable, so when I'm watching something on TV, I'm actually paying attention. Friends that have a tablet seem to use it a lot too... but only when watching TV. haha...

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Nope, I play it at home with a TV and PC available. Don't get me wrong - if they released good non-western rpg's on PC or console I'd be all over it, but they don't.