Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Darph

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Maybe portable Rocket League? Yeah no. I play competitively at traditionally higher ranks. I cannot even fucking imagine controlling the way it needs to me with that Switch Controller - and I wouldn't play it docked with all my car/gears on PS4 and PC.

Does Murr still post here?!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Zelda and Mario is still 2 more quality games than Xbone and I don’t see you posting in there for every release.

Checkmate

Not even close. The Xbox is struggling, and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would recommend it as a primary console, but its library is vastly superior to the Switch.

• 1Like

Therage

Vyemm Raider
No one is saying the switch is perfect, but for me personally it's awesome. I have all the major consoles. Xb1s is a HD blu-ray player sometimes. Ps4 is for streaming TV and some games. Switch is just for gaming. Gaming rig is also for gaming (although these days really don't have much time for gaming).

You just complain a lot about the switch. And you brag in the other threads about pirating the games, which to each their own but seems a bit of a contradiction. You know their games rock and will continue to rock hence why you steal them. The switch is worth the asking price for me especially with the games on the horizon. Mario, more Zelda dlc, Pokémon, xenoblade, monster hunter etc.

Maybe I'm just a casual now but it's right up my alley.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 2 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Switch version of Monster Hunter isn't coming to the West, at least not at this time. Switch is just basically a companion to my PS4; Nintendo usually puts out a few games a year worth playing.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
No one is saying the switch is perfect, but for me personally it's awesome. I have all the major consoles. Xb1s is a HD blu-ray player sometimes. Ps4 is for streaming TV and some games. Switch is just for gaming. Gaming rig is also for gaming (although these days really don't have much time for gaming).

You just complain a lot about the switch. And you brag in the other threads about pirating the games, which to each their own but seems a bit of a contradiction. You know their games rock and will continue to rock hence why you steal them. The switch is worth the asking price for me especially with the games on the horizon. Mario, more Zelda dlc, Pokémon, xenoblade, monster hunter etc.

Maybe I'm just a casual now but it's right up my alley.

I tell people to pirate pieces of shit publishers that throw in pay to win mechanics. I also download Roms of games I have purchased god knows how many times over the years. I don’t consider the latter piracy. Nintendo’s console has serious flaws which aren’t getting corrected, one major one in VC because they found they can sell Pi’s and fuck the consumers that bought the switch thinking they would see a better system down the line with a subscription that they eluded too many times over.

Their console took one small step forward, and fifty back in today’s gaming standards. If you want to like the swItch, all the power to you. My beef are the scapegoat artists saying shit like, “hey guys who wants online on the console. I carry my phone with me anyway”. Shit like this is all over the place. Hey I can buy that brand new 2017 car without an air conditioner that doesn’t go faster than 45 mph, and in the dead of summer just roll down the windows, and cruise down the highway after I crank start the bitch, I mean, Christ that’s how they used to do it in the 20’s.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
I still think not having vc is annoying as shit right now. I still think even if they release an n64 mini next year they will still be adding the vc to the switch. They know they can print money and my bet is it will release with most of the 3ds vc library and maybe even Wii games. Shit it's a travesty that the only way to get super Mario rpg on vc is on the Wii vc, not even on the 3ds.

My switch personally gets used every day. Most of the time portable, for me I've gotten more than my money's worth for it. Unlike my xb1.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Well yeah, I think anyone would have told you Xbone was useless :D

Not sure if we can get 3DS VC on Switch due to the dual screen nature but I hope they can pull it off somehow.

Switch update 4.0.0 is live and includes Video Capture(last 30 seconds of game play) and transfer of profile/saves to another system.

• 1Worf

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Well yeah, I think anyone would have told you Xbone was useless :D

Not sure if we can get 3DS VC on Switch due to the dual screen nature but I hope they can pull it off somehow.

Switch update 4.0.0 is live and includes Video Capture(last 30 seconds of game play) and transfer of profile/saves to another system.

Not 3ds vc, but the vc available on the 3ds is what I meant.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
my switch is my emergency console in case my pc dies, my ps4 pro dies, my xbox one x dies, the power goes out, my phone dies, and my wife wants to talk to me

then i'd challenge her to a game of MK8

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Wow, Ut shitting up another thread. What else is new? Maybe if he spent one tenth the time playing all these great PS4 and Xbox1 games instead of coming here every five seconds to complain about the Switch, I'd believe that those other systems are actually good and produce quality games. However, the truth of the matter is that Nintendo continues to make the best first party games in the industry, while 99% of Sony and Microsoft exclusives are shit, or are just shittier versions that are way better when played on an even average PC.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Wow, Ut shitting up another thread. What else is new? Maybe if he spent one tenth the time playing all these great PS4 and Xbox1 games instead of coming here every five seconds to complain about the Switch, I'd believe that those other systems are actually good and produce quality games. However, the truth of the matter is that Nintendo continues to make the best first party games in the industry, while 99% of Sony and Microsoft exclusives are shit, or are just shittier versions that are way better when played on an even average PC.

Dude. You have come in here 129 times now, once every month, and said the same fucking thing you always do. (lol) Do you have a timer on your desk? It's bar far the worst console on the market in terms of graphical power, portability (Which is laughable in of itself), online services, functionality (Oh hey they added a patch where you can finally transfer your profile and save files to..... another system so fucking Nintendo support can do their job? Fucking kidding me?) accessory and game price gouging, shit library, horrid company management, and are fucking their customer base with no VC up to this point as they promised, and would rather sell Pi's then fulfill promises.

1st party my ass. They will have 2 worth playing (BOTW and Mario Odyssey) and a ton of Wii U ports. Joy? Let me know when they have more than 3 worth playing before you open your yap again.

Last edited:
  • 1SJW
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Crisco

A greasy jar
So many truth bombs coming from someone who barely touched a demo unit once in a store. Its like he doesnt know what he talking about and spewing shit from asshole.

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So many truth bombs coming from someone who barely touched a demo unit once in a store. Its like he doesnt know what he talking about and spewing shit from asshole.

Go read Spronk's post. 134 times. And he owns one. Or, deny anything said in the post above with a straight face Obama. I also don't need to hold, see, or smell a piece of shit to know it will taste like one.

Crisco

A greasy jar
Go read Spronk's post. 134 times. And he owns one. Or, deny anything said in the post above with a straight face Obama. I also don't need to hold, see, or smell a piece of shit to know it will taste like one.
I value spronks opinion over yours because he owns one. You don't and can't give good input because you don't know whatt your talking about because you only seen a demo unit.

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I can read a piece of paper with a feature list. I can see a games list. I can see the prices compared to like devices. I can see the accessory prices. I can see the horrid online service. I can see the broken promises with VC. I can see the plethora of shit ports. I can see the patch note that allows one to finally transfer save profiles from one switch to another for nintendo support folks. (Seriously.... they didn't even have that feature at launch) I can see they don't allow anyone to save games on the mem card because they haven't fixed their security issues since 1988. I can see they don't allow game sharing via households / accounts. Why do I need to own one again? And I have not even touched the other 50 issues with this fucking thing.

But wait, if I buy it, and waste my cash on a tub of shit I know has nothing on any console with a standardized set of features from 2004 because of Nintendo's gigantic fuck up early access console you got suckered into purchasing, then it's ok?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Man I kinda get to enjoy this thread then all of a sudden the SwithDF shows up and ruins it.

Was planning to get the wife a switch for the holidays but she told me its lacking games that interest her (Odyssey the only one right now)

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
My nephew bought a bunch of movies on ppv and was forced to sell a console to pay for it. He got to choose between selling his PS4 or Switch. He literally handed his dad his Switch and walked away unfazed. Even 5 year olds know where the games are, and aren't.

They gave it back to me since I'm the one who got it for him. I fucked around with it a bit earlier and promptly put the piece of shit on Craigslist. Hopefully some fool bites.

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hahaha so the "big switch update" to 4.0.0 contains video capture and "migration tools". No VC yet. No online services yet.

But hey at least you can finally move your account over when your device explodes in pieces when you accidentally destroy it!

How to Transfer User and Save Data | Nintendo Support

Oh...

[*]Both a source console and a target console are required to transfer user information and save data.
[*]Both consoles must also be [bcolor=rgb(24, 24, 24)]updated to system menu version 4.0.0 or higher[/bcolor]and connected to the Internet.

Ohhhh...

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf