Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Ut, my whole point on this argument was that I'm going to have a "wait and see" approach to the PS5. I have a really powerful gaming rig, and for any other game I want to play, I have my Switch. I just don't see enough value in buying an inferior (to my PC) console, when 99% of the games that will release on the PS5, will also release on PC. If Sony releases a big library of exclusive games for the upcoming system, I may change my mind and buy one. It's just so hard to justify now, when most companies make their games across all platforms. Obviously, the Switch is extremely limited when it comes to cross platform AAA titles. Like, I'd never even consider buying "Doom: Eternal" for my Switch, because it would look and play like shit. But for the Nintendo exclusives, and the myriad of mobile ports, the Switch is awesome.

Gotchya and understood.

Thing is though, I am not sure what Sony has in store for PC. They could launch direct, they could force the PS Now service and stream through PC, or a mix of both and a mix of stream and direct download. Sony has everything to lose and nothing to gain by allowing all their major 1st party out in PC. They obviously think that holding back for Exc. PS4/5 Pro for a year is the way to go and then hit the next audience - but that business decision is idiotic in my opinion. As a lifecycle progresses, they turn the corner on making money on the hardware and have an influx of sales of hardware on lower pricing while those same folks purchase the exclusives and get caught up. It's like clockwork. My advice for Sony would be to stay away. Microsoft would eat up the partnership. They are trying to get their games on PC (Windows obviously) and also get them to stream through Azure.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

I know this is an oldish post but G2A is a shit-show.

I mean I know when people search deals they don't NECESSARILY care of the origins but a GOOD amount of G2A codes are either stolen payment methods or "Fell off the truck".

Then you have G2A itself, recently-ish I received an email from the company stating that my account, if I wasn't actively using it, would be charged a fee every month.

I didn't give a fuck because I don't store money there, it's not a fuckin bank, but the email and the follow up research left a bad taste.

So, just be real with yourself when dealing with them, think of it like Piracy but not digital piracy, ACTUAL piracy, they steal peoples shit, buy stuff with it then sell it on their shady site. Expect everything that you find there on DEEP discount to be stolen in some regard.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Windows Central writers tweeting a youtube comment concerns you? Your own link has an update with another tweet saying it isn't true.

Yeah, and Microsoft said the same thing about their system and the heating issues that supposedly weren't true. Then everyone got stuck with RRoD.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, and Microsoft said the same thing about their system and the heating issues that supposedly weren't true. Then everyone got stuck with RRoD.

RROD wasn't a heating issue. It was they switched their solder component that couldn't sustain a bond when normalized heat from the GPU was drying out the solder. This was because Europe required lead free, so Microsoft changed the whole manufacturing process for everyone (Which is what you do in mass production) and the component used to bond should never have been in production. MS failure for sure, but it wasn't due to over heating. Heat variances were all normal.

Had MS been able to use proper solder components, that entire fiasco wouldn't have happened.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When the fuck is Fire Emblem: Three Houses going on sale. Fucking Nintendo.
Generally takes over a year for eShop to have a sale, especially if the game is a successful one.

Saw it today at Walmart for $50 physical, prices on games vary widely though so I'd check Brickseek before making a trip.

Siliconemelons

RROD wasn't a heating issue. It was they switched their solder component that couldn't sustain a bond when normalized heat from the GPU was drying out the solder. This was because Europe required lead free, so Microsoft changed the whole manufacturing process for everyone (Which is what you do in mass production) and the component used to bond should never have been in production. MS failure for sure, but it wasn't due to over heating. Heat variances were all normal.

Had MS been able to use proper solder components, that entire fiasco wouldn't have happened.

More sounds like if the EU wasnt some euro fan cuckland and let them use normal solder it would have been fine... if you lick your solder you deserve the lead

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
When are they going to be back in stock is the bigger question. I would have bought another one at the beginning of the lockdown had I known they were going to be so unavailable.

For NextGen, my purchasing strategy is: Two of each. I long ago got over being choosy. MS exclusives, though, are few and far between because they have two mouths to feed. You know what it does do, though? Cuts down on hours of unpaid tech support of me trying to figure out which of my buddies' drivers need to be upgraded. I can just have those non-techy fools buy an XBOX, get 70-90% of the visuals they would get with a PC Master Race box, and I can spend more time playing and less time troubleshooting. Same thing for the Sony exclusives. Get a set [of each] for das kinder [and one set of each for me] and away we go.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Sorry, one of each for my kids and one of each for me.
Oh no, that actually makes total sense to me. My kids are still young but I'm feeling the need to have my own switch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user