Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So with Fire Emblem coming to Android and iOS, remaining viable use cases for Switch quickly dwindling...
That's about like saying because Mario run is on mobile there's no reason to play Mario on a console

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
A) Buying a console, especially a Nintendo console, in the hopes that third parties resurrect games or series from days past is a recipe for disaster.

B) In what fantasy land is Capcom going to make hundreds of millions of dollars on the Switch? At best you'll see VC versions of some of these games, at worst Nintendo axes VC all together, but either way Capcom won't make remotely close to that kind of money.

It's hilarious isn't it?

Meanwhile, for some reason, there are defenders of the most idiotic design decisions.

1) Multiplayer requiring a smart phone app:

Defense from Nintendo: "Well who wants to carry around a heavy headset! Now you can use bluetooth from your phone!".
Reality: "Why the fuck didn't you just put the service on the console along with blue tooth support you stupid morons! Like any other tech company has since the birth of Christ.

2) A paid for online service of which Nintendo historically, and forever will, suck in - Albeit they were making progress with the 3DS and Wii U online components and just did a complete 180 on their progress and making only one NES/SNES game available for a month and then forcing you to buy it:

Defense from Nintendo and the suckers buying into it: "Well, we thought this was a great way for our subscribers to concentrate on one game for a month and not get over whelmed! It will also help the multiplayer community for any particular NES/SNES Title!"

Reality: "You dumb idiotic low value turd buckets! You just took a standard from your competitors and sliced the value of it 10 fold when all you had to do was include VC games on the NES/SNES for free across the library, from ROMS you use from the community anyway so you don't have to put any labor in porting it, and everyone and their dog would have purchased the switch and service for that alone GUARANTEEING An install base that would eclipse generations of your backwards as shit hardware and assure 3rd party support!

3) Nickle and diming everyone to death with overpriced accessories:

Defense from Nintendo and a few idiot 3rd party prepaid shillers on SA: "But guys you should really feel the controller in your hand when the HD haptic rumble goes off when playing a game that simulates milking a co...."

Reality: "No one gives a shit! No one is buying that garbage game you should have included as a pack in anyway, and on top of that, I won't be milking any cows with my Switch Pro Controller which is $20 above what I paid for the last one when all I care about is if I feel feedback when my little gay elf dude swings his sword and hits a flower!

4) Lack of any app support:

Defense from Nintendo and the lemmings: "Do you really need another device with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc - No. This is a gaming machine. "

Reality: "It isn't for you to decide what fucking device we use to consume our content. It's about keeping a standard for devices that support the standard apps across every other device sold today and the fact you don't have it included brings the system down yet another notch below a standard that was formed over 7 fucking years ago

I could go on and on with this. But I think everyone gets the point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Nintendo is so far behind the times on everything. I do think they can ever gain back any of the ground they have lost to Sony or Microsoft. They will lose more market share to them and in my guess about two console generations no longer be in the console buisiness.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I think Nintendo should stream live, for 5 bucks, their execs committing seppuku for the switch failure to make their money back.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think Nintendo should stream live, for 5 bucks, their execs committing seppuku for the switch failure to make their money back.

giphy.gif

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's hilarious isn't it?
Yeah, not having bluetooth stereo audio with support for aptX in 2017 is fucking retarded, but I suppose par for the course with Nintendo. You can buy a 3.5mm-to-BT-transmitter with aptX for not too much money (around $30 from Amazon), but it means having a dongle hanging off the side of the Switch that you'd probably want to velcro in place, as well as another battery to worry about charging/replacing.

Definitely agree that not having any media apps is inexcusable as well.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
A) Buying a console, especially a Nintendo console, in the hopes that third parties resurrect games or series from days past is a recipe for disaster.

B) In what fantasy land is Capcom going to make hundreds of millions of dollars on the Switch? At best you'll see VC versions of some of these games, at worst Nintendo axes VC all together, but either way Capcom won't make remotely close to that kind of money.

Make a new Megaman game. Sells 1 million copies at $50 each. $50 X 1 million= $50,000,000.
Make a new Ghouls n' Ghosts game. Sells 1 million copies at $50 each. $50 X 1 million= $50,000,000.
See how that works? The more games you make, the more money you make! Did your mom feed you paint chips when you were a kid?

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't call on Nintendo for jack shit. All I said was it would be nice to see these games on the Switch, and that I bought the system in the hopes that they will become available on the new console. And if you think Nintendo has no say in the matter, you don't know a god damn thing about business.
Nintendo: "Hey, Capcom, we're making a brand new system. We'd like you to remake some of your classics for it and make hundreds of millions of dollars."
Capcom: "Nah, we'll pass."

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Why would Capcom or Konami or whoever else decide now is the time to remake their classics. Nintendo has a large install base with the 3ds, Sony and Microsoft both have reasonable install bases with PS4/XBone; so far no remakes of classics beyond VC releases. Yet now, with an unproven new console that has largely been met with negativity, you expect Capcom and whoever else to decide the time is right to bring back their classics? People like this are why Nintendo will keep making terrible decisions and pumping out garbage and also why they have been able to do so for over a decade without going the way of Sega. Too many fan boys for them that will prop them up despite their nonsense

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Why would Capcom or Konami or whoever else decide now is the time to remake their classics. Nintendo has a large install base with the 3ds, Sony and Microsoft both have reasonable install bases with PS4/XBone; so far no remakes of classics beyond VC releases. Yet now, with an unproven new console that has largely been met with negativity, you expect Capcom and whoever else to decide the time is right to bring back their classics? People like this are why Nintendo will keep making terrible decisions and pumping out garbage and also why they have been able to do so for over a decade without going the way of Sega. Too many fan boys for them that will prop them up despite their nonsense

You're joking, right? A Redskins fan is calling out Nintendo fans? At least Nintendo has had recent success. When was the last time the Redskins won anything? 30 years ago?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You're joking, right? A Redskins fan is calling out Nintendo fans? At least Nintendo has had recent success. When was the last time the Redskins won anything? 30 years ago?

Ironically enough, in 1983 when the Redskins won an NFL Championship, and Nintendo launched the NES (In Japan) and a few years later in 85 in America. The last time Nintendo was relevant too!

• 3Smuggly
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Ironically enough, in 1983 when the Redskins won an NFL Championship, and Nintendo launched the NES (In Japan) and a few years later in 85 in America. The last time Nintendo was relevant too!

Except for the Wii in 2006, which was the third highest selling console of all time, and the Nintendo DS in 2004, which is the highest selling portable of all time.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Except for the Wii in 2006, which was the third highest selling console of all time, and the Nintendo DS in 2004, which is the highest selling portable of all time.

Or the SNES with its stable of all-time great games.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well, the redskins won another championship when the snes came out too.

So the Anamoly is why didn't the redskins win in 2006, but they most definitely willl not win next season either being the switch is about to tank before it's even launched.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Well, the redskins won another championship when the snes came out too.

So the Anamoly is why didn't the redskins win in 2006, but they most definitely willl not win next season either being the switch is about to tank before it's even launched.

I'm going to reserve judgment on the Switch until the end of the year at least. If they get a steady flow of third party titles, along with the core Nintendo first party titles, I think it will do pretty well. I will admit, however that currently, I'm not super impressed with a lot of the decisions that they've made so far. But like I've said before, I didn't buy an Xbox1 or a PS4, or a Wii, or a WiiU, so this is the first gaming console that I've purchased since the PS3, so in the long run I figure even if this system isn't the best, I've saved a shit load of money the past decade.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just don't see how this thing is any different than the Wii U, and we all saw how that turned out.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Not sure if this has been posted but I'm simply not happy with this list. I'm just going to go ahead and forgive the specs and such but the 2017 game library is just silly. (Spoiler due to size)

16179504_1219706864792036_8725262539298600161_o.png

To me Nintendo needed to look back at the SNES and replicate the library and launch to capture what I think gamers really wanted. I think players demonstrated with the NES Classic that they have their consoles that player their CoD, BF, Halo, whatever but they want Nintendo to be Nintendo. I don't think Nintendo needs a strong 3rd Party support except you Capcom, Konami, etc. that are typically associated with Nintendo over the years.

Instead of tacking on "Super" as the SNES did, could you imagine the top 20 of these games as a "Switch" Edition?

List of best-selling Super Nintendo Entertainment System video games - Wikipedia

Just for fun... here's how the SNES Launch went:
U.S. launch: August 19, 1991